Page 1046 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 ... LastLast
Results 26,126 to 26,150 of 46278
    The fact that we bought some "organic composted dirt" that shipped all the way from CA in extra thick plastic bags for our raised garden beds. What in the fuck is wrong with me? So dumb we cannot source this from an open pile locally and throw it in reusable buckets.

Our mulch just blows away, I'm using rocks this year w/ new weed cloth. Ugh, weed cloth sucks too.

Ooh, we got the parents riled up here

Yeah, I'm landscaping the entire yard, I need a shitload of mulch. No, I didn't run over any children or come close to it. Hyperbole for effect.
    But seriously, have the self awareness that 1) other people are using the store too 2) if someone is pushing a large/heavy load around they can't just easily change direction/go around you and your out of control child and 3) it takes a long time for a heavy cart to speed up or slow down. I do my best to stay out of others way and move through the store efficiently for the betterment of everyone, you should too.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Our mulch just blows away, I'm using rocks this year w/ new weed cloth. Ugh, weed cloth sucks too.
    We are over mulch too, it fucking fades quick or turns to dirt after a few years Went to all-rock this year, no more re-applying. Adrenalated, return that bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Yeah, I'm landscaping the entire yard, I need a shitload of mulch.
    And you're buying it individual bags from Home Depot? You're doing it wrong, man.

I just had to re-mulch all my landscaping too. Bought like 7 or 8 yards worth. $12 per yard and maybe $30 for the delivery in a big dump truck. I will never screw with buying those little bags from the hardware store again. Environmentally silly with all the plastic and shipping from far away places, and you're getting ripped off big time.

Rock is even heavier. If I have 600# of rock, then can I run your kid over?

Yeah, last time I remulched, I ended up taking the topper off the truck and buying four truckloads of bulk that they just filled with a few scoops off the front end loader and covering with a tarp. Much cheaper than buying bags. However, they didn't have the redwood mulch, which apparently keeps bugs away better.

read Austins post, yer an HD gaper clogging up the aisles!! You don't buy lotsa mulch or rock by the bag, rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    read Austins post, yer an HD gaper clogging up the aisles!! You don't buy lotsa mulch or rock by the bag, rookie.
    Oh that's for sure the best way to do it, but they don't deliver same day on memorial day when the fiancee decides the project needs to be done NOW.

Speaking of, that can go in this thread too.

Oh that's for sure the best way to do it, but they don't deliver same day on memorial day when the fiancee decides the project needs to be done NOW.

Yes, it sucks when yer balls are snipped and you take it out instead on little annoying kids or anyone who crosses you .

Haha. Sounds like you're also doing Memorial Day wrong too. Just a fiancee and making such demands? Ooh, boy.

Whoa whoa whoa.

You gotta nip THAT shit in the bud right now.

I'm joking here too. She had an idea to change the plan (her idea was legitimately much better), but required a lot more mulch. We won't have a day to do it for at least another month, probably more, due to traveling. So, to HD I went.

My wife has a big vision of redoing the entire yard's landscaping. Told her to come up with a detailed plan of what she wants and I would hire a guy to come over and do it while we were on vacation. Haven't got that plan yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    And you're buying it individual bags from Home Depot? You're doing it wrong, man.

I just had to re-mulch all my landscaping too. Bought like 7 or 8 yards worth. $12 per yard and maybe $30 for the delivery in a big dump truck. I will never screw with buying those little bags from the hardware store again. Environmentally silly with all the plastic and shipping from far away places, and you're getting ripped off big time.
    Having enough yard to take care of that I need 7 yards of mulch would be annoying, and a waste of time.
    That's the beauty of our place--it comes with it's own rocks, all we can use and then a lot, lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    My wife has a big vision of redoing the entire yard's landscaping. Told her to come up with a detailed plan of what she wants and I would hire a guy to come over and do it while we were on vacation. Haven't got that plan yet though.
    Never gonna get that plan. You are wise beyond your years.

Calling the Postal Service. If you "can't access the building" you're in the wrong fucking place and by that logic they can't read they're own address system. Dipshit fucks.

I'd much rather get bumped by a 450 pound sled then be taken out by the masses who dart full steam at the grocery store right out of the isle into the main thoroughfares right into my hips.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Having enough yard to take care of that I need 7 yards of mulch would be annoying, and a waste of time.

That's the beauty of our place--it comes with it's own rocks, all we can use and then a lot, lot more.
    Agreed, but in all fairness to whoever landscaped the place before, the house IS over 20 years old and I don't think the landscaping's been touched since they built the place. It's pretty low maintenance overall. Also just ripped out about 800 sq feet of grass, tree stumps, and crappy old landscaping that had been neglected and abandoned, and replaced with like 7 yards of crushed rock, which I'm now covering up with a deck. Always working on simplifying and less watering.

Oh yeah, had the local yard delivered the rock for me too. Forget buying it by the bag at HD like SOME people here like to.

We get mulch delivered via a dump truck and sometimes they deliver my neighbors to me as well. But we cannot get decent garden compost. I need to find a place. We only need a yard or less.

What's really fucking annoying is that BCBS saved 2.3 billion (net) with the new tax cuts and our plan is going up 21% on 7/1. Yeah, fuck you non-profit BCBS! But hey, this guy deserves it - Total compensation for Daniel Loepp, CEO of Blue Cross since 2006, hit $19.2 million in 2018. That was up from his $13.4 million payday in 2017 and $9 million in 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    After dealing with the Mt Everest sized pile of mulch in my driveway for a few weeks while I carted it away wheelbarrow load by wheelbarrow load, I realized that wasn't the best way, either. So last year I hired the truck that comes and you blow the mulch into place with a giant hose. WAY better.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    After dealing with the Mt Everest sized pile of mulch in my driveway for a few weeks while I carted it away wheelbarrow load by wheelbarrow load, I realized that wasn't the best way, either. So last year I hired the truck that comes and you blow the mulch into place with a giant hose. WAY better.
    How many dentists died descending your mulch?

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    How many dentists died descending your mulch?
    Luckily none, but the backup at the Hillary Step was ridiculous.

I can guarantee you that 600# of rock is not heavier than 600# of mulch.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

What? Did you learn that in your fancy college is something?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.