Page 1585 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 ... LastLast
Results 39,601 to 39,625 of 46041
    Because I want a glass one and the glass one I have has a plastic top to make it whistle. I therefore don't use the top because of the plastic. My wife won't boil water for my tea if the device doesn't make a noise and or shut off. And if I make my own tea with the glass kettle, it will invariably live on the stovetop. That will aggravate my wife. Given what's up with the electric kettle, I'm not going to go get a stainless one. I suppose I could get an enameled one. See previous point about shit living on the stovetop. Also, the electric is sorta cool because it has multiple temperature set points for different beverages. Why can't they make an all glass electric kettle?[/QUOTE]

If you drink a lot of tea, these are the solution. Can set different temperatures depending on the tea, always ready to pour.https://shop.zojirushi.com/products/cdwhc

Quote Originally Posted by Tor-tour View Post
    If you drink a lot of tea, these are the solution. Can set different temperatures depending on the tea, always ready to pour.https://shop.zojirushi.com/products/cdwhc
    That's pretty rad. Unfortunately, it's all stainless on the inside. However, the good news is that iron in my water may be why I think the stainless is corroding on the electric kettles I already own. I need to find the manual for the current one.

Shit that annoys you

I’ve got a Breville in the house & one in the studio. They both get used everyday. The buttons have gotten wacky in their old age on the house unit, but it still works 90% of the time (10% turning itself off after you walk away & not coming to temp). Studio unit going strong after 3yrs thus far.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    I’ve had the Bonnavita in that video for about 6 years and I’d guess it’s been used at least 2,000 times. The last three years it’s done between 2-5 bottle warms a day. Still works perfectly.

They don’t make an all glass electric kettle because Physics.
    Last edited by neufox47; 10-11-2022 at 10:05 AM.

I stayed with a friend who had one of those (maybe not that exact one, but a zojirushi water heater), it was awesome.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    This man is clearly outstanding in his field.
    Goddammit.

I laffed.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    That's pretty rad. Unfortunately, it's all stainless on the inside. However, the good news is that iron in my water may be why I think the stainless is corroding on the electric kettles I already own. I need to find the manual for the current one.
    My wife doesn't like our city water, so we just ended up getting those five gallon jugs of water at the grocery store and filling it from that. The tea tastes a lot better, doesn't tend to scale up on the inside as much, and you get a lot of refills out of a five gallon jug. If your water has enough iron in it to stain your stainless cookware, it probably really jacks up the taste of your tea. #teasnob

I just use the same plastic kettle I've been boiling water in for the past 10 years. Tried to replace it with a stainless one once, damn thing broke in a month.

I figure whatever was gonna leech out of that thing has already done so, so who cares.

My wife doesn't like our city water, so we just ended up getting those five gallon jugs of water at the grocery store and filling it from that. The tea tastes a lot better, doesn't tend to scale up on the inside as much, and you get a lot of refills out of a five gallon jug. If your water has enough iron in it to stain your stainless cookware, it probably really jacks up the taste of your tea. #teasnob
    City water here. Nothing else gets stained, just the kettles. Water tastes fine except a few times a year when it rains a lot and it tastes like too much bleach or it tastes like the lake, because they didn't treat it enough. However, regarding the staining, now that I'm looking, I do see a tiny bit of red staining in the little ring that stays wet around the drain of two of the bathroom vanities, however it is easily wiped away. The stainless kitchen sink is just fine. The toilets and other fixtures don't have either the big red or blue/green stains you sometimes see which is why I didn't think of it. So maybe iron is my problem and I have to regularly clean my kettle. Or filter the water. I sorta like the glass walled kettles because of the trippy lights. Oh, and regarding jugs of water, my wife will freak if I am buying that much water in plastic.

we have some red if we lapse on cleaning, but it's organic, not mineral

Being the only guy with their camera on during online meetings. Grow some self confidence you dorks.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Being the only guy with their camera on during online meetings. Grow some self confidence you dorks.
    I taped over the camera on my work laptop. They gotta pay extra to watch my pick my nose.

I taped over the camera on my work laptop. They gotta pay extra to watch my pick my nose.
    My concern is that this will be another reason for mgmt to say "we need everyone back in the office."

Working from home, the camera during meetings is the tradeoff!

That’s so paranoid….
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    My concern is that this will be another reason for mgmt to say "we need everyone back in the office."

Working from home, the camera during meetings is the tradeoff!
    Ive been WFH full time since 2009 ish and part time increasing to full time since 2005 or so. Nobody in our company uses cameras for meetings unless it's higher level mgmt or interviews, special occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    That’s so paranoid….
    Like I said, you wanna watch, you gotta pay extra.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    That’s so paranoid….
    My work laptop has a little slide shutter that you can use to cover the camera for the paranoid among us.

I often leave my camera off for zoom meetings where I only occasionally have to pay attention. Those meetings are often my most productive times to complete other tasks.

Ive been WFH full time since 2009 ish and part time increasing to full time since 2005 or so. Nobody in our company uses cameras for meetings unless it's higher level mgmt or interviews, special occasions.
    I worked remote for years before it was a thing and averaged 2-3 meetings per day and I never once did video meetings prior to covid
    Phone calls were just fine for years. I hate zoom calls but maybe it's just bc I have a face for radio
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    I worked remote for years before it was a thing and averaged 2-3 meetings per day and I never once did video meetings prior to covid
    Phone calls were just fine for years. I hate zoom calls but maybe it's just bc I have a face for radio
    My wife has worked from home for years pre-covid and video calls have always been common for her.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    My wife has worked from home for years pre-covid and video calls have always been common for her.
    bummer for her
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    bummer for her
    This.

And I was annoyed by the folks at work who were new to WFH and wanted video. Go back to your office and leave me alone.

Quote Originally Posted by neufox47 View Post
    I’ve had the Bonnavita in that video for about 6 years and I’d guess it’s been used at least 2,000 times. The last three years it’s done between 2-5 bottle warms a day. Still works perfectly.

They don’t make an all glass electric kettle because Physics.
    Then how come you can use a glass kettle on an electric stove, hmmm? Physics allows that. So somebody please make an all glass* kettle.

*All glass meaning the water doesn't come in contact with any metal.

Pre-covid our company was mixed on camera use, some would have it turned on some not. Got a new boss (CFO) a few months in who insisted everyone have camera on for calls with him. He wouldn't do phone calls, everything had to be video call. And of course every time I was on a call was when my internet connection would start to lag. Same CFO was also going to move the company off Slack and Zoom to Microsoft Teams. We had tried Teams before as well as other alternatives and our IT group was too incompetent to get them to work. Everyone hated teams though, but the whole company would be back on it since one exec loved it.

I never get the love for Microsoft Office products. They are fine, but why blow up your tech to switch to teams?

Our place has gone full MS. I had to order a new windows laptop after 10 years and three different machines all running RHEL. Supposedly they are saving money by not having to have a support structure for all 3 OSes. However, joke's on them. There's several thousand folks like me who were given Linux machines in 2012, refreshed in 2016 and then didn't get a refresh in 2020 because refreshes were halted during COVID. The old laptop only has 8GB which is barely enough for Win 10 and I will have to run a virtual machine with RHEL on top of that, hence the new one. Of course the new laptop with 16GB might be better than trying to run a Win 10 KVM on RHEL using that same 8GB.