Page 1669 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 1673 1674 ... LastLast
Results 41,701 to 41,725 of 46047
    Ouch that would annoy me for sure.

And - where did I miss the reasoning that decent Adirondack chairs are now 400 fucking dollars a piece.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Knowing that one of your kids is 2 months from being done with grad school and has no job prospects and will be moving back home soon is annoying. She doesn't drive either so will be as large a burden as she was in high school. Uggh
    Might I suggest browsing the Trades thread?

I kid. I kid. In all honesty though, it often takes ages to land a job in a young graduate's related field so don't be disheartened. What's her field? There may be good summer intern possibilities out there that could serve as a launching point.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Ooh boy, intern. More charity work with a dubious potential at the end. Shell probably end up taking one of those 4 week courses and get a teaching license so that'll help eventually. It will also trap her at home 5 days a week, 8 hours a daybso she won't need to be driven anywhere and she'll be here to watch the dog so we can go do stuff.

should be one the how do i hate the espn but that wasnt on the first few pages, how espn continues to suck nfl cock nearly 24/7.

was watching the get up show friday, they spent maybe 3 minutes on the ncaa's which were full of stories from day 1 then its back to nfl, aaron rogers and lamar jackson, two stories that had no new news; just they till spend most of the time speculating. espn knows nfl cock so well from how much they suck on it, they could do sculptures and drawing of it perfectly.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Hey! I found my drunken St Patrick's Day post above. Thought that was in the St Pat's thread

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Knowing that one of your kids is 2 months from being done with grad school and has no job prospects and will be moving back home soon is annoying. She doesn't drive either so will be as large a burden as she was in high school. Uggh
    Ooh boy, intern. More charity work with a dubious potential at the end. Shell probably end up taking one of those 4 week courses and get a teaching license so that'll help eventually. It will also trap her at home 5 days a week, 8 hours a daybso she won't need to be driven anywhere and she'll be here to watch the dog so we can go do stuff.
    If that doesn't work out we're desperate for mail carriers and clerks here.

She doesn't drive either so will be as large a burden as she was in high school. Uggh
    I realize things change, but lots of kids not caring that they don't have a driver's license nowadays is something I just can't fathom. Everyone I knew couldn't wait to get their license as soon as they turned 16. It was our first chance at real independence.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I realize things change, but lots of kids not caring that they don't have a driver's license nowadays is something I just can't fathom. Everyone I knew couldn't wait to get their license as soon as they turned 16. It was our first chance at real independence.
    That fascinates me too. I grew up in a suburb with no public transportation, so most of by friends and I actually went on our birthdays to get our licenses.

It’s such a kinder friendlier world in so many ways, I’m amazed at the generosity that so many parents exhibit changing their schedules around to drive their kids. My folks would have laughed at me if I asked them to drive me around. They barely got me to and from activities before I could drive.

I was driving my parents around well before I was old enough for a license. I would not put up with a bs kid who couldn't drive. Especially if I was housing them and they were over 16.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Ouch that would annoy me for sure.

And - where did I miss the reasoning that decent Adirondack chairs are now 400 fucking dollars a piece.
    Adirondack chairs suck
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    I was driving my parents around well before I was old enough for a license. I would not put up with a bs kid who couldn't drive. Especially if I was housing them and they were over 16.
    https://theweek.com/travel/1020987/w...s-licenses?amp

My eldest is 24 and can't drive because of a medical issue. He had a car (manual transmission) and sold it to us. He's back with us but has something lined up in April to move out. That's not a BS reason and the 'wont put up with non-drivers" folks can kindly pee up a rope.

Name:  9926E7A4-3166-46D4-BB2D-A50413A0571C.jpeg
Views: 350
Size:  108.5 KB
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    My eldest is 24 and can't drive because of a medical issue. He had a car (manual transmission) and sold it to us. He's back with us but has something lined up in April to move out. That's not a BS reason and the 'wont put up with non-drivers" folks can kindly pee up a rope.
    Well I'd say there's a difference between a medical reason that precludes driving and someone just not wanting to. If you are physically and mentally capable of getting a driver's license then you should unless you can be sufficient using public transportation and/or walking. You shouldn't expect others to cart you around.

It's not about not wanting to, she's the worst driver I've ever known. My grandmother scared me but this kid terrifies me and the thought of being in the car helpless when she makes a poor decision just doesn't sit right with me and my wife won't even consider it. Some people just shouldn't drive and she's one of them.

wtf is with all the Snoqualmie threads? Who the fk cares. They annoy me.

It's not about not wanting to, she's the worst driver I've ever known. My grandmother scared me but this kid terrifies me and the thought of being in the car helpless when she makes a poor decision just doesn't sit right with me and my wife won't even consider it. Some people just shouldn't drive and she's one of them.
    Practice makes perfect. Seems like the only way for her to get better is to actually drive.

Practice makes perfect. Seems like the only way for her to get better is to actually drive.
    Could be expensive and or life threatening. A person has got to know their limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Name:  9926E7A4-3166-46D4-BB2D-A50413A0571C.jpeg
Views: 350
Size:  108.5 KB
    This is really annoying. The fact that someone would be so stupid to post this meme

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Could be expensive and or life threatening. A person has got to know their limitations.
    Come on, now. Anyone without physical or mental limitations can learn to drive a car safely. It's not rocket science. It does, however, take some practice.

This is a surprise? It's not if you think about it. Back in our day, you could actually GET AWAY from your parents, and we knew we were on our own. No cell phones, no pagers, no airpods tracking us. No method of immediate guaranteed communication or even location information. Add a solid dose of the survailance/tiktok recording state and knowing that somewhere, someone is recording whatever is going on. Combine that with cars that you can't do some shade tree DIY to tune, fix up or customize to your teenage whims, and the whole concept of independence is gone. What illusion of independence are we offering kids now?
    Wait, how can we trust this guy^^^ He's clearly not DJSapp

https://www.iscooterglobal.com/produ...44743715324185

Or maybe an ebike. Not a chance in hell I would shuttle my adult kid around.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    https://www.iscooterglobal.com/produ...44743715324185

Or maybe an ebike. Not a chance in hell I would shuttle my adult kid around.
    No kidding. Give them 3 months to place their feet and then start charging market rate rent and tell them to take an Uber.

Quote Originally Posted by Not DJSapp View Post
    This is a surprise? It's not if you think about it. Back in our day, you could actually GET AWAY from your parents, and we knew we were on our own. No cell phones, no pagers, no airpods tracking us. No method of immediate guaranteed communication or even location information. Add a solid dose of the survailance/tiktok recording state and knowing that somewhere, someone is recording whatever is going on. Combine that with cars that you can't do some shade tree DIY to tune, fix up or customize to your teenage whims, and the whole concept of independence is gone. What illusion of independence are we offering kids now?
    You make a good point. Pretty tough for a kid to just take off and be completely out of reach from their parents for a few hours anymore. Sort of sad, really.

My daughter is 18 now, close to finishing HS and has a nice little Mini CooperS in the garage. She hasn’t driven to school since December. I get that due to the amount of snow we got this season in the valley. It sucks in the snow. So mom drives her to school everyday.
    Well we don’t have snow on the roads anymore so I’ve pushed her to start driving herself again so my wife can sleep an extra hour a day.
    Her excuse this morning was my truck is blocking her in the driveway. I moved my truck. Mom still drove her to school. That annoys me.

In days past, someone would have dropped a photoshop of Blurred riding a mobility scooter right about now.
    I still call it The Jake.