Page 1638 of 1849 FirstFirst ... 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 1643 ... LastLast
Results 40,926 to 40,950 of 46225
    Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    You don't need "Limo tint" though. I put in a lighter tint which really is much better than nothing and the cops can see in the car, so I don't get shot.
    Hold the phone there Ben Franklin, you're white. Cops don't shoot white people without some extreme circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Hold the phone there Ben Franklin, you're white. Cops don't shoot white people without some extreme circumstances.
    They can't see him through the extremely dark tint.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    They can't see him through the extremely dark tint.

Ah. There it is.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Ah. There it is.
    Or perhaps the tint isn't so dark, but he looks brown through the tint that's there?

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    I went into a store to borrow a pen to leave the guy a note and the clerk said they do occasionally ticket.

A couple friends felt like I should have called the cops and seen if I was liable. I can’t get into all that. I should have seen it. Can’t hit a parked fucking car and whine about it. Pissed me off for about 15 minutes then I got over it.
    I backed out of the unlit ER parking lot at about 2am and hit a a black suv parked in a spot clearly marked as no parking. Dented the SUV, my car with no damage. I thought seriously about not leaving a note but in the end I left one. Glad I did because it turned out to be a nurse's car. If it had been an ortho doc's I would have been pissed at myself.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    The most irritating thing is how they had all your personal info/financial data to begin with, whether or not you've EVER used their services. Why the hell these companies are even entitled to your private data to begin with is infuriating.

Equifax is worth around 28 BILLION dollars. You'd think they could spring for better security, but nope. They say "F U and your data. Now take your $5 and shut up." Bet some class action lawyers got pretty damn rich off this one, though. Now have fun locking down your credit and cleaning up any messes they may have created.
    I'm sure that every time you open a bank account, get a credit card, ues a pay toilet, etc you sign a waiver you don't read that lets them send your info to the credit bureaus.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I'm sure that every time you open a bank account, get a credit card, ues a pay toilet, etc you sign a waiver you don't read that lets them send your info to the credit bureaus.
    Which is wrapped up in the clause where they collect data on the transaction in order to serve you better!

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I don't remember ever signing a waiver, but I HAVE received plenty of one-side changes of term notifications over the years. Funny how businesses can change terms on you on a whim, at any time, but you sure as hell can't do the same to them. I bet you're right, though. It's in the terms of SOMETHING I've used at some point, but it's still annoying that you can't even have a basic bank account or anything else without having your info being sold off, and then promptly hacked. It's like you can't even participate in modern society without your private info being vulnerable. Not sure of an alternative without going full off-grid hermit.

Shit that annoys you

Gosh…it’s almost as if removing regulations keeping business needs/wants from running roughshod over its consumers has negative consequences on its consumers.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    I don't remember ever signing a waiver,
    Oh, you signed them. You can be sure of that.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphee View Post
    Gosh…it’s almost as if removing regulations keeping business needs/wants from running roughshod over its consumers has negative consequences on its consumers.
    And quite ironic that MF is the one complaining about it.

^bless his heart

^bless his heart
    Yup.

Oh, you signed them. You can be sure of that.
    Quite possibly. Don't remember. Opened my accounts in the freaking 90s. Surely terms were at least SLIGHTLY different back then, though.

O rly? Have I ever complained about Federal banking regulations here? Just because I like the thought of smaller government as a whole doesn't mean I want to throw out the baby with the bathwater. FFS, you guys love to over-generalize others around here. Never any allowance for nuanced points of view. Nosirree.

^BLESS IT!

What annoys you with that clip, the shoddy camera work?

Why can't people trim or remove their hedges and shrubs from near corners at stop signs on side streets so you can see oncoming traffic without pulling into the travel lanes of the cross street? Why do they get shitty if you ask them to cut stuff back?

Why does everyone ignore that big fat white stop line at intersections and make left turns hard? Why is basic shit like this ignored? Again today I watched a gnarly accident because someone apparently thought they had the right to pull 20 feet past the stop line even though the light was red.

^Because it’s our sweet baby jesus given right to do whatever the fuck we want. America, fuck yea.

Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover View Post
    Why can't people trim or remove their hedges and shrubs from near corners at stop signs on side streets so you can see oncoming traffic without pulling into the travel lanes of the cross street? Why do they get shitty if you ask them to cut stuff back?

Why does everyone ignore that big fat white stop line at intersections and make left turns hard? Why is basic shit like this ignored? Again today I watched a gnarly accident because someone apparently thought they had the right to pull 20 feet past the stop line even though the light was red.

try dealing wth 10 feet high berms for 3 or 4 months and you won't be worried so much about the shrubs. At least with the shrubs there's a chance the oncoming drivers will be able to stop.

Why does everyone ignore that big fat white stop line at intersections and make left turns hard?
    If they were not dumb-as-shit mouth breathers they could try to figure out what traffic is coming by being a bit behind the guy trying to turn left. Unless there is untrimmed hedges blocking their view back there, of course.

At least in my state you are only required to stop at the line before moving forward to gain a better view prior to turning. Since no one gives a shit about anyone else on the road this turns into an escalating game of who can stick their nose out farther to block the other turning cars view so they can see.

A big issue IMO is that we basically test people once when they are young, give them a license and never test them again. I’m starting to think that a moving violation should come with a fine and a retest.

Personally my solution is to avoid ever turning left across uncontrolled traffic.

I'm talking about when you're at a light and it's red. IMO there's no reason at all to go past that line and enter the intersection. The line is there for a reason and when somebody is making a left turn they need that room.

I'm talking about when you're at a light and it's red. IMO there's no reason at all to go past that line and enter the intersection. The line is there for a reason and when somebody is making a left turn they need that room.
    I can only assume you are talking about oncoming or cross traffic taking a left?

Yeah, if it’s red and you aren’t turning right you need to be stopped at the line (law) and outside the travel lane you are turning into. Don’t seem to have that issue here typically.

Like I said, it’s clear to me we need widespread retesting for a large percentage of the driving population.

Stopping at cross walks, red lights, basic speed rule, merging, how to use your low beam, high beams , accessory lighting etc etc.