Page 1172 of 1198 FirstFirst ... 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 ... LastLast
Results 29,276 to 29,300 of 29928
    Kind of an interesting week!
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    , my dad is in intensive care with Pneumonia. He has ALS, so this is a challenge. He thinks he might have to go to a feeding tube, which is very annoying.
    Joy joy!
    Sorry to hear that. My dad passed away about a year and a half ago from ALS. What a shitty disease.

Sorry to hear that.
    The interesting thing is that he has had it for 14 years, so not a typical case. He is still working teaching, and just published a book last year. All in all, he feels lucky to be alive.
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

Hope that isn't as grim as it sounds man.

That made me laugh
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

? hm. ok. i'm a dumbass.
    Last edited by Buster Highmen; 12-03-2019 at 08:47 PM.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I’ll let Iceman clarify
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

Appliance delivery.

My washing machine shit the bed last week. Washer and dryer are stacked so dryer has to be moved out of the way temporarily. Everywhere offers free delivery, installation and haul away of old appliance. They could be super helpful by lifting the dryer out of the way for me and then putting it back on the new washer after. But apparently that is too much to ask. No one will let their installers touch the dryer on top. For their safety - and mine! Unless of course I buy a new dryer too. Then they will gladly risk life and limb to replace it for me.

I'm too stubborn to cave for that kind of extortion. So instead I'll have to round someone up on a weekday to help. Twice, actually, since the 4 hr delivery window means dryer has to be removed before installers arrive and then put back after. And you know for sure they'll show up at the most inconvenient point in that window (if they show up at all). Or I can borrow a wheeled cart from work and move the dryer onto it myself. That won't be sketchy at all. But it will keep the installers from breaking a sweat, or a nail, so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Appliance delivery.

My washing machine shit the bed last week. Washer and dryer are stacked so dryer has to be moved out of the way temporarily. Everywhere offers free delivery, installation and haul away of old appliance. They could be super helpful by lifting the dryer out of the way for me and then putting it back on the new washer after. But apparently that is too much to ask. No one will let their installers touch the dryer on top. For their safety - and mine! Unless of course I buy a new dryer too. Then they will gladly risk life and limb to replace it for me.

I'm too stubborn to cave for that kind of extortion. So instead I'll have to round someone up on a weekday to help. Twice, actually, since the 4 hr delivery window means dryer has to be removed before installers arrive and then put back after. And you know for sure they'll show up at the most inconvenient point in that window (if they show up at all). Or I can borrow a wheeled cart from work and move the dryer onto it myself. That won't be sketchy at all. But it will keep the installers from breaking a sweat, or a nail, so there's that.
    Pretty sure you could throw the installers a 20 and they'll do it. The guys at the store say no.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Hell, give em 40
    Or some nugs
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

Thought about doing that. Problem is if they say no and the dryer is still up top when they get here they might just drop the new washer and leave. I don't want to get stuck getting rid of the old one myself. It's a lot heavier than the dryer. I'll probably try the solo cart first. If I can find a second one of similar height it might not be too bad.

taskrabbit.com

I commute by bike year round and park my bike outside of my office in a lobby of sorts, but not a main entrance. Another guy does this too. Today the company's secretary comes to me to tell me that the boss finds it very rude and disrespectful that we'd let snow from our bikes melt onto the floor. This is in a company of 20 people. In my head, all I could think was "fuck you, rude is not having the sack to say something to me when you were standing outside of my office thinking about what to have her tell me."

The mentality of employers here is really something else, like they're doing you a favor by letting you work for them. Gimme a break.

You need to dose his coffee with some liquid.
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

I’ll let Iceman clarify
    It looks like I was talking about rideit's post being grim but I was responding to a post that's been removed is all.

Haha, I thought you were totally responding to a different post...
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    ? hm. ok. i'm a dumbass.
    Sig worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    . So instead I'll have to round someone up on a weekday to help.
    Unless youíre disabled, Iím pretty sure you can manage moving a stackable dryer by yourself and without a dolly not that I see how the dolly would help anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    I commute by bike year round and park my bike outside of my office in a lobby of sorts, but not a main entrance. Another guy does this too. Today the company's secretary comes to me to tell me that the boss finds it very rude and disrespectful that we'd let snow from our bikes melt onto the floor. This is in a company of 20 people. In my head, all I could think was "fuck you, rude is not having the sack to say something to me when you were standing outside of my office thinking about what to have her tell me."

The mentality of employers here is really something else, like they're doing you a favor by letting you work for them. Gimme a break.
    that is a pansy move. I feel really sorry for the secretary. Job description: anything I'm too big of a pussy to do myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Unless youíre disabled, Iím pretty sure you can manage moving a stackable dryer by yourself and without a dolly not that I see how the dolly would help anyway.
    Bullshit. My dryer is stackable, and while it's not crazy heavy, if I wanted to stack it on top of the washer, that is absolutely a two person job. I mean, not having tried to do it, it's possible that I could do it myself (also possible I couldn't), but it is certainly something that most humans would consider a job for two humans.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Unless you’re disabled, I’m pretty sure you can manage moving a stackable dryer by yourself and without a dolly not that I see how the dolly would help anyway.
    I wanna see a YouTube video of this
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post

Are you going to confront your boss about it?

So would I...

When I moved in a friend helped me lift the dryer on top of the washer. No way could I do that myself. Thing weighs around 150 lbs but its the bulk that makes it really unwieldy.

How much $ ?

.37•
    StokePimpin' ain't easy