Page 1454 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1449 1450 1451 1452 1453 1454 1455 1456 1457 1458 1459 ... LastLast
Results 36,326 to 36,350 of 46291
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Go at 8:15 tonight (assuming it's open until 8:30)... I went to our local Cost-ShitShow-co last evening at that time, and while it was more busy than usual at that late an hour, it was still basically empty.
    That's been my move for a while; head in 30-60 minutes before close. At the time, the olds aren't there, shuffling about, and the Karens with their rug rats aren't out - it's great. A nearly empty Costco. I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    This is the new reality with FedEx. Oversized packages seem to be especially subject to getting lost or massive delays. I've been lucky on one package and the other was about a week late. Basically, don't ship with FedEx for a while.
    Yeah, what I love is them holding it at the facility so it doesn't arrive early (god forbid), then having weather or some other delay mean it ends up being a week late.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Go at 8:15 tonight (assuming it's open until 8:30)... I went to our local Cost-ShitShow-co last evening at that time, and while it was more busy than usual at that late an hour, it was still basically empty.
    Unfortunately not an option. Got there seven minutes after opening and the parking lot was full. Went for the in and out mission which was fairly quick with self checkout.

Leaving, though was another thing all together. I got stuck in my parking spot for 5 minutes cause someone wanted my spot, and held traffic up one direction, and the other direction got backed up by someone else wanting another spot blocking me from getting out of my spot too. Then neither person would give up their claim so all 20 of us just sat there. Finally, the person in front of me managed to back up enough to let me out, so they all might still be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Yeah, what I love is them holding it at the facility so it doesn't arrive early (god forbid), then having weather or some other delay mean it ends up being a week late.

Unfortunately not an option. Got there seven minutes after opening and the parking lot was full. Went for the in and out mission which was fairly quick with self checkout.

Leaving, though was another thing all together. I got stuck in my parking spot for 5 minutes cause someone wanted my spot, and held traffic up one direction, and the other direction got backed up by someone else wanting another spot blocking me from getting out of my spot too. Then neither person would give up their claim so all 20 of us just sat there. Finally, the person in front of me managed to back up enough to let me out, so they all might still be there.
    Yup, the go-when-Costco-opens move doesn't work anymore. Everyone does that now. We tried that once this summer before a trip and there was a line around the building to get in. Never again.

<snip>

Glad to hear you escaped with most of your sanity intact.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    The amount of junk food in the office, combined with my lack of willpower to resist, annoys me.
    My wife bought a giant can of Danish butter cookies to gift all the neighbors but there is still most of the can left. I told her to hide it from me.

Now I have to figure out where she hid it.

In my case problem solved, they just told me it's lost. Merry fucking Xmas from Fedex
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

“Holding” lol. Your $9/hr slaves don’t give a fuck

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    My wife bought a giant can of Danish butter cookies to gift all the neighbors but there is still most of the can left. I told her to hide it from me.

Now I have to figure out where she hid it.
    Same here. I came back from skiing this weekend and my wife had baked 40 dozen cookies. A quality check was required on each batch what with the pandemic. I told my wife to hide them, but i know all her spots and I'm like a bloodhound when it comes to homemade cookies. so any chance of me losing a kilo or two went down the drain.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Same here. I came back from skiing this weekend and my wife had baked 40 dozen cookies. A quality check was required on each batch what with the pandemic. I told my wife to hide them, but i know all her spots and I'm like a bloodhound when it comes to homemade cookies. so any chance of me losing a kilo or two went down the drain.
    Wife/kids made cookies yesterday….I think I set the world record last night for eating those Hershey kiss/Reese’s Peanut Butter cup cookies. Those are my kryptonite. (Thank god they only make them once a year)….lol.

Leaving, though was another thing all together. I got stuck in my parking spot for 5 minutes cause someone wanted my spot, and held traffic up one direction, and the other direction got backed up by someone else wanting another spot blocking me from getting out of my spot too. Then neither person would give up their claim so all 20 of us just sat there.
    If I have to be at costco when it's busy I park away from the fanatical spot stalkers. Just a few rows further from the doors avoids most of it. Then you can smugly walk past them while they sit there and wait.

InNOut is the other place I've had issues. It can be impossible to get out of your parking spot when drive thru traffic backs way up. Seems like people in line are universally too clueless to leave room when the line advances so you can get out. Doesn't happen at all locations but it's worth the extra seconds to look for a spot away from the drive thru. Or go elsewhere, since every InNOut is always slammed.

Amazon delivery driver today annoys me. Dropped off envelope package, marked as "delivered in safe place" - which was left on top of the mailbox, 1/4 mile away from the house, in a rainstorm.

Lazy fucker.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    If I have to be at costco when it's busy I park away from the fanatical spot stalkers. Just a few rows further from the doors avoids most of it. Then you can smugly walk past them while they sit there and wait.
    Dude. Not to belabor this any further but I was in the very back of the parking lot. Pretty much the furthest you could get from the entrance. The whole place was full by 10:09.

I tried to avoid it. I really did.

Brutal, haha. I tried going at 10 "before it got busy" once last year, realized everyone else in town was trying the same thing. Never again.

Wind. The fucking wind annoys me.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I hear ya.

i went to the medical dispensary yesterday and I guess everybody is getting Christmas goodies because the line was around the building.

Gentle breezes, however ..........

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    Every year I am annoyed by the amount of absolute shit that is wasted in the name of holiday spirit. So much branded junk that goes straight into the trash from employers/brand reps/etc. Multiple family members that send cookies/candy boxes from amazon that are sugar for the sake of feeling good about sending a gift. And my personal favorite, the Christmas card that is a collage of low res photos with no actual writing besides Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays.

I would be happy to receive a short note about things you and your family were excited about this year. And instead of sending me sweets, buy the homeless person on the corner a cup of hot soup. I don't need the sugar and they could use the love.

Gift giving is the best when it's thoughtful, and worthwhile even when only a gesture. It annoys me so much when it's wasteful because no thought was put into it at all.
    But then they'll have to send a card proclaiming that they did their annual good deed, and don't want it unnoticed.

I posted a Glen Plake insta post in the Mammoth thread of he and his wife really enjoying wind buff. They seem far from annoyed, along with some mags reporting at the same time.

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CXwUlxU...dium=copy_link

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    I posted a Glen Plake insta post in the Mammoth thread of him and he wife really enjoying wind buff. They seem far from annoyed, along with some mags reporting at the same time.
    If I ever ski Mammoth, I am sure I too will enjoy the famous wind buff. Mammoth is not the front range of Colorado, and Mammoth is certainly not Eldora. If the wind here created such skiing wonderousness, I am quite certain I would feel differently about it. But all it does here is blow.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

If I ever ski Mammoth, I am sure I too will enjoy the famous wind buff. Mammoth is not the front range of Colorado, and Mammoth is certainly not Eldora. If the wind here created such skiing wonderousness, I am quite certain I would feel differently about it. But all it does here is blow.
    Haha, you need to ski the basin more. Wind is our best friend. If it wasn’t for the wind it would never be deep enough to ski!

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    The amount of junk food in the office, combined with my lack of willpower to resist, annoys me.
    I work remotely, but the shit that’s been pouring in from the MIL and my elderly neighbor has been difficult to turn down.

We just received our second double dozen of Krispy Kremes in a week. After a marijuana induced fugue state last weekend that resulted in the mysterious disappearance of half a dozen donuts, this second round went straight over to the other neighbors house.
    Remind me. We'll send him a red cap and a Speedo.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Haha, you need to ski the basin more. Wind is our best friend. If it wasn’t for the wind it would never be deep enough to ski!

Or Loveland.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I hear ya. And I know Horseshoe Bowl is another frequent recipient of "good" wind. And the Ridge at LL. But I have to be at Eldo frequently because of the race program, and the wind there doesn't really do anything good for the skiing. And in any event -- and nothing to do with skiing -- the frequent wind here at home during the winter sucks (I mean blows).

Wind, ha! Y’all don’t know nothin’ bout wind. Lemme tell ya about the wind here in NM. One time at Santa Fe, and this is no bullshit, the wind stopped blowing and all the patrollers fell over. Ravens fell off the cable lines. Don’t start with me about the wind in Colorado.