Page 1175 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 1179 1180 ... LastLast
Results 29,351 to 29,375 of 46293
    Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Two (2)
    Serenity now!

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Thanks! What makes me most satisfied is how me going DIY has saved our car for us. After hearing the multiple estimates adding up to more than the car's even worth, we were heavily considering just getting rid of it, which all the known issues would've tanked its value even further. Now we're halfway up the country and it's performing beautifully all the way around. All for a few hundred in brake parts and the cost of some fuses. LMAO.

With the new headlight assemblies I installed too, the car's LOOKING good as well.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    I think you intended to post this to the "Stuff that makes you feel awesome..." thread.
    Nice work. [I hate working on my own car, but occasionally I do, and when it [rarely] goes well, it's pretty sweet!]

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I just wish the help reps could skip the scripts they have to recite--"That must be very frustrating for you. I can definitely help you with that [they can't}" and just get to the problem.
    I posted the dialog because it was easy to cut/paste from the online chat. I was at my computer, so when I saw the "You are 83 in the queue, and typical wait time is 43 minutes", I put it in the background and waited. Of course, I didn't know about the 60 minute cut-off then, but I was just hoping for a cancellation of the order, since I knew I was going to have to go to The Mall to get this item which was in stock.
    I agree with your script recital, cuz that's all I got anyway. All this pseudo customer service is what annoys me, as if there was more info when I initially ordered, I wouldn't have gone through the process.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    The building owners here go completely fucking over the top with Christmas, Hot chocolate giveaways, string quartets, Photos with Santa in the lobby.

The one that really annoys me is the day they have a troupe of costumed carol singers performing.. singing from their "Dickensian Christmas" hymn sheets.

Dickensian = deprivation, child Labor, starvation, the workhouse, prison ships...

And on a related seasonal note.

I happened to walk past the corner window display of the downtown Macy's today, it's full of the holiday train scene.

There was a homeless woman having a shit on the sidewalk in front of it.
    We gotta fucking harpist playing downstairs. I may go take a shit in the lobby meself.

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    [I hate working on my own car, but occasionally I do, and when it [rarely] goes well, it's pretty sweet!]
    When I had an older car I got a lot of work done to it on my own - I would try to fix one issue but break a few other things getting to the first issue. So yeah, lots got accomplished that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    When I had an older car I got a lot of work done to it on my own - I would try to fix one issue but break a few other things getting to the first issue. So yeah, lots got accomplished that way.
    Still less cost than a mechanic, and you get new tools in the process!

Waking up at 3:30 to a car horn and the sound of tires racing on snow and ice. Look out the window and just past my driveway entrance a small FWD hatchback is trying hard to gain traction in the fresh snowfall at the intersection. A couple of young-ish women are taking turns pushing the car and racing the engine to get it unstuck. I start to put on some clothes to go out and give a hand, but they manage to get past the intersection and slowly proceed down the street (tires still spinning like mad to keep moving).
    Yesterday, wife takes the car to pick up the daughter from school and discovers the rear bumper smashed - we had parked on the street as we had the FIL coming for the weekend, and parking is limited in the yard due to the snow. I had even moved removed the snowbank so there was ample room to park her car off the street. What had woken me up was the collision, and one of the cars' horns going off.

My first thought was to to get out of a warm bed and head out to help, their first thought was to run from the scene and fuck us out of our deductible. Great time of year to be reminded how shitty some people can be.

Wow, I'm pissed just reading that. Fucking people man.

that totally sucks

That blows. My insurance company waived the deductible years ago when I had a hit and run happen, maybe yours will too.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

It isn't unusual at this intersection to have to help locals, usually young people with less than ideal tires/vehicles, make it out of the snow; I help push a couple of vehicles through each winter when they misjudge the conditions of the turn and end up in the snowbank (usually from the opposite direction though). Not sure if I would have noticed the damage to our car at that time as they had managed to get another 10m or so towards the intersection before I saw them out the window. Given the time of night and the holiday season I suspect impairment was a factor, along with shitty tires.

Doubly annoying is that I could have had potential to initiate a canadian winter high speed pursuit, and witness the carnage.

Cameras are needed ^
    You may catch a porch pirate also

Shit that annoys you

Busybody coworkers.

“Getting complaints that it seems like none of your staff are at their desks after 4 on a Friday.”

“Did anybody need them after 4 on this Friday? Also, there were people still logged in until after 5, they just work remotely.”

“That’s not the point, it looks bad. Other people have to be here until after 5, and your staff do whatever they want.”

“Other people have jobs where they have to man their station, my staff just have to get their work done. Why do we care when they do it? They’d already put in 40 hours before 4pm on Friday, and some of them leave at 3 because they start at 7. Did you want them to work overtime? ”

“No, but why can’t they take a long lunch instead? Why can’t they start at 8? Or leave early on Wednesday?”

.....because they’d rather leave before 4 on Friday?

Grrr. Drives me nuts. We act like we’re doing people a favor by giving them a job and that there is some kind of merit to working after 5. My boss is pretty good, and mostly is just trying to manage the bitching of the other departments, but he’s decidedly old school about a lot of these things even when he knows better.

They come in at 7. It’s a perk. They’re productive and happy. Worry about your own shit and your own people.
    focus.

Maybe your staff could leave big signs on their empty desks--"I came in at 3", or "I worked 40 hours this week"

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Doubly annoying is that I could have had potential to initiate a canadian winter high speed pursuit, and witness the carnage.
    your situation stinks- but that video is really funny. made me laff
    skid luxury

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Maybe your staff could leave big signs on their empty desks--"I came in at 3", or "I worked 40 hours this week"
    I worked with a guy a few years ago who was promoted to a lower-middle management position (team lead) despite extensive evidence that he would be the worst thing that could happen to any team since the plague.
    Within a week he was asking us to print a page from our EMR as soon as we arrived and immediately before we left so he could check the timestamps and make sure everyone was putting in their 8 hours, especially the ones who came before he did and left before 5PM. He had a legit rebellion on his hands after 2 weeks when he told a girl she was going to the bathroom too often. She told him in front of the whole team that she wouldn't deal with any of his bullshit requests. He turned a delicate shade of purple and dragged her into the director's office. When they walked out he wasn't team lead any longer, and by the end of the week he had moved to another team.

Shit that annoys you

Bought/arranged daughter a United flight home (w/United card)....with the intention of all the so called perks....so she could check a free bag.....and of course none of the perks apply to her because she isn’t the actual card owner....bastards...the ticket was still purchased with my United account?.....why the hell would that not count?...it’s purchased with their card.

That shit annoys me.....

Quote Originally Posted by BC. View Post
    Bought/arranged daughter a United flight home (w/United card)....with the intention of all the so called perks....so she could check a free bag.....and of course none of the perks apply to her because she isn’t the actual card owner....bastards...the ticket was still purchased with my United account?.....why the hell would that not count?...it’s purchased with their card.
    That shit annoys me.....
    This shit ain't new.

I remembered reading a Cigar Aficionado article about this. So I looked for it, and here it is, from 2002. JHC.
    https://www.cigaraficionado.com/arti...re-fed-up-7146
    Air travelers in America, especially businessmen, suffer high prices, delays, rude service, bad food and unfair restrictions.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    We act like we’re doing people a favor by giving them a job
    Heh, this sounds like half the employers in Bozeman.

Busybody coworkers.

“Getting complaints that it seems like none of your staff are at their desks after 4 on a Friday.”
    This is ridiculous. What kind of business?

Busybody coworkers.

“No, but why can’t they take a long lunch instead? Why can’t they start at 8? Or leave early on Wednesday?”

Take a long lunch? Wednesday?

Hopefully this is the stupidest thing I read all day.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by BCMtnHound View Post
    Waking up at 3:30 to a car horn and the sound of tires racing on snow and ice. Look out the window and just past my driveway entrance a small FWD hatchback is trying hard to gain traction in the fresh snowfall at the intersection. A couple of young-ish women are taking turns pushing the car and racing the engine to get it unstuck. I start to put on some clothes to go out and give a hand, but they manage to get past the intersection and slowly proceed down the street (tires still spinning like mad to keep moving).
    Yesterday, wife takes the car to pick up the daughter from school and discovers the rear bumper smashed - we had parked on the street as we had the FIL coming for the weekend, and parking is limited in the yard due to the snow. I had even moved removed the snowbank so there was ample room to park her car off the street. What had woken me up was the collision, and one of the cars' horns going off.

My first thought was to to get out of a warm bed and head out to help, their first thought was to run from the scene and fuck us out of our deductible. Great time of year to be reminded how shitty some people can be.
    Probably drunk and didn't want any cops.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Probably drunk and didn't want any cops.
    Drunk hit our car in the driveway one night and left. We called the cops, young guy came out, took a report, went down to the west end, drove around, found the car that hit ours with the owner packing to leave, and wrote him up. I'm sure the guy was drunk when he hit our car.
    Truckee cops aren't that enterprising these days.

Busybody coworkers.

“Did anybody need them after 4 on this Friday? Also, there were people still logged in until after 5, they just work remotely.”

“That’s not the point, it looks bad. Other people have to be here until after 5, and your staff do whatever they want.”

“Other people have jobs where they have to man their station, my staff just have to get their work done. Why do we care when they do it? They’d already put in 40 hours before 4pm on Friday, and some of them leave at 3 because they start at 7. Did you want them to work overtime? ”

Grrr. Drives me nuts. We act like we’re doing people a favor by giving them a job and that there is some kind of merit to working after 5. My boss is pretty good, and mostly is just trying to manage the bitching of the other departments, but he’s decidedly old school about a lot of these things even when he knows better.

They come in at 7. It’s a perk. They’re productive and happy. Worry about your own shit and your own people.
    Sounds like we work in the same place.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Sounds like we work in the same place.
    And you're obviously the one complaining about people getting their shit done so they can gtfo on a Friday.