Page 1134 of 1850 FirstFirst ... 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 ... LastLast
Results 28,326 to 28,350 of 46232
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0894.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	298241

Bastards.

the plumbers i've had to hire, for boiler problems.
    'yep we'll be there weds at 9' .. so I call off work and wait. No show.
    call em at 10, no call back. call at 11 .. no call back. waste ALL DANG DAY waiting for them and they never show.
    they do finally show the next day (an hour late). leave valves closed, leave incorrect pressures on the boiler system, leave circ pump off, forget some of their tools, food wrappers left behind. etc.

I mean, it's fair to storm the fort, and compare the bill to the amount of my time they wasted waiting all day (and cleaning up their mess) and demand an offset, right?

That boiler might as well be a space shuttle, it's so complicated - or I would never call another plumber.

'annoy me' is probably an understatement.

Co-workers who are consistently late for everything and see no problem with it.

That annoying dude who shows up early to every meeting and is pissed off that everybody isn’t there when he’s there. Fucker usually snakes most of the good donuts too.

Yeah, we call them the Early Turd.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    That annoying dude who shows up early to every meeting and is pissed off that everybody isn’t there when he’s there. Fucker usually snakes most of the good donuts too.
    Donuts? You get donuts? Well, fuck...

Donuts.

What the fuck is it about them that makes people lose their shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Donuts.

What the fuck is it about them that makes people lose their shit.
    Freshly deep-fried ring of dough? Dipped into delicious diabeeeetus glaze? WTF isn't to love?

While we're on the donut topic:

Cake donuts - that shit annoys me.
    Hell, ANY donut other than raised glazed. I mean, WTF, people?

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post
    the plumbers i've had to hire, for boiler problems.
    'yep we'll be there weds at 9' .. so I call off work and wait. No show.
    call em at 10, no call back. call at 11 .. no call back. waste ALL DANG DAY waiting for them and they never show.
    they do finally show the next day (an hour late). leave valves closed, leave incorrect pressures on the boiler system, leave circ pump off, forget some of their tools, food wrappers left behind. etc.

I mean, it's fair to storm the fort, and compare the bill to the amount of my time they wasted waiting all day (and cleaning up their mess) and demand an offset, right?

That boiler might as well be a space shuttle, it's so complicated - or I would never call another plumber.

'annoy me' is probably an understatement.
    I would have told them to fuck right off after the no-show. Combine the no-show with the rest of the bullshit they pulled once they bothered to show up I wouldn't pay a dime of that bill. I'd be willing to spend multiples of that bill on attorneys just to not pay dipshits like that.

My annoyance for the day--Medical doctors who consider homeopathy a legitimate medical treatment. Actually, this isn't annoying, it's infuriating, and should be grounds for losing your medical license.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    While we're on the donut topic:

Cake donuts - that shit annoys me.
    Hell, ANY donut other than raised glazed. I mean, WTF, people?
    Cake donuts annoy me.... because I’m going to eat a cake donut anytime it’s put in front of me.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Cake donuts annoy me.... because I’m going to eat a cake donut anytime it’s put in front of me.
    They aren't even donuts.

They're batternuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    I would have told them to fuck right off after the no-show. Combine the no-show with the rest of the bullshit they pulled once they bothered to show up I wouldn't pay a dime of that bill. I'd be willing to spend multiples of that bill on attorneys just to not pay dipshits like that.

My annoyance for the day--Medical doctors who consider homeopathy a legitimate medical treatment. Actually, this isn't annoying, it's infuriating, and should be grounds for losing your medical license.
    unfortunately, I couldn't tell them to pound sand. There aren't other options here. My plan is to take their bill, subtract the amount of work I lost and show the net negative. I don't make good scratch, but he'll still owe me a lot. luckily have the owners girlfriend on recording setting the appt (that they failed to keep).

As for homeopathy, yeah. The active ingredient is known as 'placebo'

People who make up stupid nicknames for public figures that play on the person's name, and insist on using that name over and over for the person. Like, say, Killary, or the one I just saw, Aaron Boobe. It doesn't make you smart or witty. It just demonstrates that you're a low brow shitgibbon.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    People who make up stupid nicknames for public figures that play on the person's name, and insist on using that name over and over for the person. Like, say, Killary, or the one I just saw, Aaron Boobe. It doesn't make you smart or witty. It just demonstrates that you're a low brow shitgibbon.
    Are Orange Foolius and Cheetolini OK?

Asking for a friend...

Asking for a friend...
    As with almost everything, Trump is an exception.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post

Don't knock homeopathy. Great way to treat people with nothing wrong with them who insist on treatment, without doing harm, and usually it works. There was a study that showed that placebos work even if you tell people they're placebos.

Placebo's a helluva drug.

Asking for a friend...
    Those are ok because they don't play on Trump's name. By this logic Dump is out, though.

The one I see in Seattle that annoys me is people referring to the "City Clowncil" like they were the first person to think of such an amazing witticism. I mean, the City Council does deserve to be made fun of, but this is lame. Anyone using "sheeple" is in the same camp.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Don't knock homeopathy. Great way to treat people with nothing wrong with them who insist on treatment, without doing harm, and usually it works. There was a study that showed that placebos work even if you tell people they're placebos.
    Tell that to the CBD folks. "Ow. I got an ant bite." "Oh, have you tried CBD oil on that?" "Man, this cold won't go away." "Oh, try out CBD oil. It totally cured my dog's cold."

The CBD craze is kind of surpassing the essential oil fad. Except now CBD shops are multiplying like rabbits like vape shops. And every other kind of business has signs that say "Yes! We have CBD products!"

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

Since his passing earlier this year, I've taken to referring to Robert Mugabe as Robert Mugabwas.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Placebo's a helluva drug.
    As long as I can smoke it in a crack pipe, or a busted off car anntena, I don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    Since his passing earlier this year, I've taken to referring to Robert Mugabe as Robert Mugabwas.
    How often does Mugabe come up in casual conversation in your circles?
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    How often does Mugabwas come up in casual conversation in your circles?
    FIFY.

And frequently. What do you talk about if you aren't discussing megalomaniacal, corrupt African strongmen (freedom fighter if you're a sycophant)?

I find ways to work Idi Amin into everyday conversation too.

My geriatric car decided to blow up today (still haven't gotten the verdict from the mechanic). I have no clue what the heck is wrong with it, though. Hopefully it's minor but the engine MIGHT have blown itself. I don't know since my wife was driving it to work and had it towed to the mechanic. Wife JUST started a new job and hasn't received her first paycheck yet (thus no paystubs) and I just lost mine so I think a car loan is likely out of the question for the moment and we're broke as balls since life's been kicking us in the nuts left and right these last few weeks. I was planning on taking my son camping this weekend, but when everything hit the fan today had to bail on that as I was packing. Friiiiiiick. When it rains, it pours, huh?

We'll figure it out. We always do. But still annoying nevertheless.