Page 1155 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 ... LastLast
Results 28,851 to 28,875 of 46278
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    As a Jew I've never known a fellow Jew to cut themselves slicing a bagel. It was a mistake to let Gentiles have bagels.

You don't know shit about heart failure. Diet and exercise will help prevent heart failure, which is usually due to blocked heart arteries, but by the time someone has heart failure they aren't able to meaningfully exercise without medication. Diet is important--particularly restricting salt, but the key to treatment is medication. Even with good medical treatment a third of patients diagnosed with heart failure will be dead in a year. (That's community wide--in prospective studies carried out in major medical centers of aggressive treatment, which can include heart surgery, the outcome is better.
    OTOH Entresto, which costs about $9/pill is a combination of two drugs which are closely related to much cheaper generic drugs. That's what's fucking ridiculous. As is advertising drugs in general, but that apparently is protected by the Bill of Rights.

Fuck that shit. And I'm not stupid enough to not know that these drugs are for end of game situations. But this is just getting worse and worse. Get off your fat ass, stop driving up to a window for toxic factory meals, and get some fucking exercise. It's not ok to be obese.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Fuck that shit. And I'm not stupid enough to not know that these drugs are for end of game situations. But this is just getting worse and worse. Get off your fat ass, stop driving up to a window for toxic factory meals, and get some fucking exercise. It's not ok to be obese.
    So your rant is classic what aboutism. The commercial (of which I do not approve, as stated) is about drugs for end stage heart disease. If you want to pay for public service ads telling Americans to eat better and exercise more knock yourself out, but that isn't what the ad was about.
    Or maybe you'd prefer "Too bad you're dying of heart failure. You should have exercised more and eaten better, now it's too late sucker. We're the makers of Entresto and we approve this message."

Quote Originally Posted by OldLarry View Post
    People who want a free sample of the soup at deli’s with no intention of ordering it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Let them eat soup.

Forgot about the Good Rx app. Paid $193 for 3 prescriptions. Would have been $29 using the app.

"Cool. Finally submitted my project. Time to call it a day! Whew! Man, I'm bushed... Aww, crap." Realizing that I just busted out a nearly 24 hour shift by accident. Been hitting it hard from 4AM yesterday til 3:30 now. Doh!!! On the plus side, I guess I can (hopefully) knock off til after Thanksgiving! Peace out, co-workers!!!

Phone's going on "Do Not Disturb" for like a month!!! (I wish)

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    So your rant is classic what aboutism. The commercial (of which I do not approve, as stated) is about drugs for end stage heart disease. If you want to pay for public service ads telling Americans to eat better and exercise more knock yourself out, but that isn't what the ad was about.
    Or maybe you'd prefer "Too bad you're dying of heart failure. You should have exercised more and eaten better, now it's too late sucker. We're the makers of Entresto and we approve this message."
    Sounds good to me.

Oh, and read some of Dean Ornish's books. It's never too late to live right.
    Last edited by Benny Profane; 11-21-2019 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Sounds good to me.
    I'm sure it does.

Getting to the office at 8:00 and seeing this is very annoying. Thank God it’s not mandatory.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8818.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	424.0 KB 
ID:	303157

^fuck that. I’d think hard about just going home.

As a Canadian these health care stories sound wild. I'm not trying to sound smug, our system is far from perfect, but yeesh.

And Boissal let me apologize on behalf on my nation - those CBP experiences are some straight up bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Getting to the office at 8:00 and seeing this is very annoying. Thank God it’s not mandatory.

Sounds like a Team Goal of slaying the 3rd floor bathroom would address all three required pillars.

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Sounds like a Team Goal of slaying the 3rd floor bathroom would address all three required pillars.
    My work on the second floor bathroom this morning met all my goals.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post

No "smells like" prepended to the "team spirit"?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Shit that annoys you - accident claims calls

I have had, no joke, about a hundred of these crappy accident claims calls in the last few months. I get one most days, it really does my nut in. To counteract this though, as there is nothing I can do to stop the calls coming, I now come up with great stories to waste their time as I figure the longer they spend speaking to me, the less time they can spend scamming someone else that is too dim to see it for what it is - a scam. I always report the numbers on sites like scam-numbers to help out others too.

But ye, this is like an instant annoyance for me as soon as I answer and get asked if ive been in a car accident its like a flip switches

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    I was getting comfortable when she casually asked if we had drugs on board. I gave her the "no officer" line but Ms B couldn't help herself and volunteered that she has some antibiotics and pain meds related to the kidney infection above. Not something CBP gal was asking about but hey, now she had something to look into!
    That's grounds for divorce right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Shit like that is what I’ll never understand about corporate America. I’m pretty damn sure a “training” like that has never added any tangible benefit to anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Srsly. FTS. When will corporations realize that some of honestly could give FUCK ALL about "goals" and shit like that. Just give us work and we'll get it done... and leave us the fuck alone while we're doing it.

Product people who “fix” shit that isn’t broken just to keep busy/ justify their existence...

No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    That's grounds for divorce right there.
    I threatened her with that and she reminded me that my green card is conditional for now and only becomes permanent at the 2 year mark if we're still married. As usual, I ended shutting the fuck up and drove home. She promised to never again volunteer info to someone who can ruin your day (life?).

Today's annoyance: recruiters. Dude is blowing me up on LinkedIn and will not accept that I don't want to talk to him about new opportunities. Wants to learn about what I do so he can help me in 2 years or so. No I don't really want to have a call with you. Yeah I'm sure. No next week isn't good either. I know cultivating these guys is a good long term strategy but damn can they be annoying when they're new at it and are trying to establish themselves...

My wife yelling across a busy parking lot at a trailhead: “Honey what’s the code for the truck? 85739?” Me: “Yep that’s it honey, that’s the code to our truck full of expensive gear that we are about to leave here on bikes and go for a three hour ride”.

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    My wife yelling across a busy parking lot at a trailhead: “Honey what’s the code for the truck? 85739?” Me: “Yep that’s it honey, that’s the code to our truck full of expensive gear that we are about to leave here on bikes and go for a three hour ride”.
    Man... it's such a GREAT feature on those trucks, though, amirite?

Your wife is amusing.

So where is your truck right now?

no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    I threatened her with that and she reminded me that my green card is conditional for now and only becomes permanent at the 2 year mark if we're still married. As usual, I ended shutting the fuck up and drove home. She promised to never again volunteer info to someone who can ruin your day (life?).

Today's annoyance: recruiters. Dude is blowing me up on LinkedIn and will not accept that I don't want to talk to him about new opportunities. Wants to learn about what I do so he can help me in 2 years or so. No I don't really want to have a call with you. Yeah I'm sure. No next week isn't good either. I know cultivating these guys is a good long term strategy but damn can they be annoying when they're new at it and are trying to establish themselves...
    In 25 years of working I’ve had exactly one of these encounters result in a job. The first day I got there they told me the salary would be 10k less than what we had agreed upon. I left 4 months later. Recruiters are fucking useless-

No Roger, No Rerun, No Rent

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    So where is your truck right now?

no reason.
    Dibs.

And what sort of expensive gear are we talking here?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Nice variation on 867-5309.