Page 1520 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 ... LastLast
Results 37,976 to 38,000 of 46047
    Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    Idiots lighting shit on fire.

Majority of the state is under a red flag warning, most of the mountains have just started to bud and it's been dry as a bone.

Headed out for a shakedown of my new camping setup, saw 2 trucks leve the site I wanted and figured I was good to go. When I pulled up I realized they dumped some gear, lit a fire and we're headed off for God knows what.

I didn't have anything that would put it out. Thought about sticking around for them to come back, but decided that could get confrontational quick.

Thankfully nothing burned this morning.

Shovel and collapsible bucket added to my packing list.
    So last spring I'm up skiing Beartooth Basin. Had a blast, but a big forest fire within sight to the northeast was putting off huge clouds of smoke and was the talk of the town so to speak. I go looking for a place to sleep and find a fairly large untended campfire just burning away with no vehicle or gear or people anywhere in sight. Mindblowing.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Cisco and his wife are fragile idiots who breed morons.

Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    So last spring I'm up skiing Beartooth Basin. Had a blast, but a big forest fire within sight to the northeast was putting off huge clouds of smoke and was the talk of the town so to speak. I go looking for a place to sleep and find a fairly large untended campfire just burning away with no vehicle or gear or people anywhere in sight. Mindblowing.
    Where the hell did we go wrong as a society to have so many ignorant fools? Seriously, in the so called information age people have become more dumb than ever. Or maybe we're just more aware of how many idiots there are because of the information age? So shit, maybe there were more before and there is less now? Jfc...

I think for most of the existence of humanity these people would have just gotten themslves eaten by bears or frozen to death and wouldn't have fucked things up for their whole tribe, let alone the rest of humanity.

its crazy how a not especially influential individual can have such a huge impact on humanity as a whole these days. We really need people to understand the importance of cooperative mental states and outlooks.

I've been saying for a while we should bring back pterodactyls like we brought back condors. Just keep people on their tows. I read recently that deer in places where wolves have been reintroduced don't get hit by cars as much, not because the wolves hunt them near roads, but just because with wolves around they tend to not be as stupidly complacent.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ________________
    "We don't need predator control, we need whiner control. Anyone who complains that "the gummint oughta do sumpin" about the wolves and coyotes should be darted, caged, and released in a more suitable habitat for them, like the middle of Manhattan." - Spats

"I'm constantly doing things I can't do. Thats how I get to do them." - Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    It wouldn’t be so annoying if I didn’t have to go to the tire store to reset the sensors. Even then, the warning light might come back on and go back off in the 20 miles from tire store to home.
    Another thing Mazda does right. Our winter wheels for it don’t have sensors, and it doesn’t care. No warning light, no nothing.

Our Sienna throws a warning light.

The manual Honda we had before threw a warning light, but also wouldn’t let you turn off traction/stability control, which sucked for trying to get up hills or through deeper snow sometimes, but especially for trying to have fun.

I've been saying for a while we should bring back pterodactyls like we brought back condors. Just keep people on their tows. I read recently that deer in places where wolves have been reintroduced don't get hit by cars as much, not because the wolves hunt them near roads, but just because with wolves around they tend to not be as stupidly complacent.
    Seems we could save a lot of complicated genetics and cloning if we just trained the wolves to eat the idiots....

Seems we could save a lot of complicated genetics and cloning if we just trained the wolves to eat the idiots....
    I’d really hate to validate all the dumb idiots with the “smoke a pack a day” T shirts, though.
    focus.

If you could train wolves they wouldn't be wolves.

If you could train wolves they wouldn't be wolves.
    Can we train the idiots to pet the wolves? Might be easier and should have a similar effect....

Probably more effective to train them to pet the bison.

Wildfires and the incessant smoke are always annoying. The season is only getting started :

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-05-16 at 8.27.08 AM.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	433.6 KB 
ID:	416518
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

sitting in the shade of the truck after fishing yesterday, i looked across at the truck next to me & scoped out his tires
    then looked at mine
    and saw "load c"
    WTF?!?

apparently discount tire put load c on the right side of the truck & load e on the left side

...at least they're gonna swap em

Pt II
    They put another Load C on
    So…waiting again to have that one swapped off
    I hope it’s the right brand this time? What else could happen?

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Pt II
    Out of curiosity which tire are you working with here ?

Pt II
    Make sure its the right size? Lol how long you been driving around on mismatched tires?

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    Out of curiosity which tire are you working with here ?
    ko2

Quote Originally Posted by snowaddict91 View Post
    Make sure its the right size? Lol how long you been driving around on mismatched tires?
    1 mo, not long (i dont commute)

mostly it's a time suck hassle
    the tires will be fine over time

the sales/mgr guy did it himself this time (not sure what his role is, but he isn't one of the normal shop guys)

Shit that annoys you

Well, at least you figured it out early on and didn't have to deal with a tire failure or accident. Hopefully the shop can do something to "make it right" for ya.

We have psycho gun nuts who shoot up common places we all go to, so we don't need pterodactyls. A guy in Buffalo shot a bunch of grannies recently, some real survival of the fittest going on, preying on the weak. You should tell your friends these shootings are a great way to 'keep people on their toes'.

Annoyed I'll have a bit of wrenching to do but glad the wife wasn't hurt. It was a particularly not good stretch of curvy road to lose a wheel(not that theres ever a "good" place).Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imagejpeg_0(8).jpeg 
Views:	105 
Size:	148.7 KB 
ID:	416631

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

Ball joint?
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Shit she didn't hit anything and came to a safe stop without wrecking the vehicle, I'd say it was a great place for it to happen.

Lol, holy shit. She parked it good, at least. I can't figure what happened there, did it lose all the lug nuts without her noticing something was up?? I see hub with studs, and no wheel, so ....

Quote Originally Posted by lifelinksplit View Post
    Annoyed I'll have a bit of wrenching to do but glad the wife wasn't hurt. It was a particularly not good stretch of curvy road to lose a wheel(not that theres ever a "good" place).Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imagejpeg_0(8).jpeg 
Views:	105 
Size:	148.7 KB 
ID:	416631

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app
    That's a SpiderTrax spacer on there.

Did the studs pull out of the spacer? Nuts rattle loose? What failed?

^Looks like there are at least two studs showing in the picture

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Shit that annoys you

Glad no one got hurt

…so, uh…who fastened the wheel on last?

Glad no one got hurt

…so, uh…who fastened the wheel on last?
    Same guy who put on your tires probably
    Know of a pair of Fischer Ranger 107Ti 189s (new or used) for sale? PM me.