Page 1191 of 1850 FirstFirst ... 1186 1187 1188 1189 1190 1191 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 ... LastLast
Results 29,751 to 29,775 of 46232
    Mop mop

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

money holds.

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Hey KQ, why not PM the guy, ferkrisssake?
    Glad to see you've mastered cut and paste. Next up....is...

Now this annoys me.

Why don't you go fuck yourself?

Oh gosh... did I say that out loud?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

^what does one fucking one's self entail?
    I think this needs to be explained.
    Starting a thread about it 3,2.........

Shit that annoys you

Inability to accept uncomfortable realities (or as Gore would say, inconvenient truths).

In the middle of some huge projects, and the organization decided to take on another large project at the same time. This will mean that certain staff, especially IT, will need to work 80+ hour weeks during certain crunch times to deliver. It also increases our risk profile substantially, whether this project is necessary or not (it is deemed necessary, which I’m not arguing).

When I felt it incumbent to point out, after we cleared funds and resources to move forward, that it will stretch our capacity to its limit, introduce additional risk to the organization, and impact other projects that are not mission critical - just to make sure everybody was on the same page and that all decision-makers had a chance to acknowledge this fact..... well. It didn’t go over. Nobody wants to hear that, it turns out.

Sigh....
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    parroty threads
    Like jimmy buffet?

Or jong lafitte?
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    When I felt it incumbent to point out, after we cleared funds and resources to move forward, that it will stretch our capacity to its limit, introduce additional risk to the organization, and impact other projects that are not mission critical - just to make sure everybody was on the same page and that all decision-makers had a chance to acknowledge this fact..... well. It didn’t go over. Nobody wants to hear that, it turns out.
    And now we have a company fucking itself.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

We only want to hear about the good times, over here.

Not entirely true, but human nature can be a bitch.
    focus.

KQ--there is no one besides you on this forum who has the patience to bake something that complicated with that many ingredients. We're more like throw meat in smoker for 12 hours, drink beer until it's done. They do look and sound wonderful though. If I'm ever up your way . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Inability to accept uncomfortable realities (or as Gore would say, inconvenient truths).
    It took me a long time to figure out that bosses never want to hear the truth. Kind of like the old "it's easier to apologize than to get permission" adage. It's easier to let things fall apart on their own than to warn the boss ahead of time.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahman View Post
    It took me a long time to figure out that bosses never want to hear the truth. Kind of like the old "it's easier to apologize than to get permission" adage. It's easier to let things fall apart on their own than to warn the boss ahead of time.
    Truth.

After six months of me telling my boss that my projections show us running out of money in March 2020, he finally called me today to say, “Oh shit, we’re running out of money in March 2020!”

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1843.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	313286

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Truth.

After six months of me telling my boss that my projections show us running out of money in March 2020, he finally called me today to say, “Oh shit, we’re running out of money in March 2020!”

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1843.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	313286
    Seriously.

Nothing more dangerous than to get to the top and all you have to hear is how great you are. You start to think it’s true and before you know it you can’t imagine you have it wrong.

It can be so damn tedious to manage upward....

This one was particularly challenging because other members of this executive team didn’t respect the chain of command and went directly to some of my senior people to “understand whether or not it could be done.” Predictably, they were intimidated and assured everybody they could make it happen.
    focus.

The term "Vegan Leather"

It's fucking plastic.
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Shit I thought it was leather made from vegans.

vegans taste yummy
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Here's how you make them - so worth the effort. I've tried other recipes that are not even close to as good as these. I esp. don't like the recipes that call for oil. I have a GF who loves these and I bake them for he whenever she visits. She told me once she was at a bakery that had MG muffins and she was psyched to buy one remembering mine but then was sorely disappointed by the flavor and quality. LOL!

This is the order I've developed for making them that works best for me. Getting the toasting, melting and reducing out of the way first makes the rest go faster IMO. The actual recipe has you working in a different order that I think wastes time. I also like to bring the eggs to room temp. Sometimes cold eggs added to butter can cause the butter to solidify and not mix fully.

Morning Glory Muffins

1/4c (3/4oz) sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
    1/4 c walnuts, toasted
    2 1/4 c (11.25 oz) all-purpose flour
    3/4 c (5.25 oz) sugar
    1 1/2 t baking soda
    1/2 t baking powder
    1 t cinnamon
    3/4 t salt
    1 (8oz) can crushed pineapple in juice
    1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and shredded
    3 lrg eggs
    4 tbl unsalted butter, melted and cooled
    1 t vanilla extract
    1 1/2 c shredded carrots
    1 c golden raisins
    3/4 c finely chopped dried pineapple

Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 12-cup muffin tin with vegetable oil spray.

Toast coconut in skillet on stove stirring often to avoid over browning. I like to use a wooden utensil for this.

Toast walnuts on a cookie sheet in oven (3-4 min until fragrant - keep an eye on them shaking the cookie sheet occasionally).

Place toasted coconut & walnuts in food processor bowl.

Melt butter. Set aside.

Crack eggs into med. bowl beat lightly.

Grate apple and place in fine mesh strainer over bowl or large measuring cup. (I use one of these)

Empty 8oz can of crushed pineapple on top of apple (acid will help keep the apple from browning)

Press apple/pineapple with the back of a large spoon or stiff spatula until dry (you should get 3/4 - 1 cup juice). This usually takes me at least 5 mins of rotating, scraping and pressing).

Transfer pressed apple/pineapple to bowl.

Pour juice into small saucepan and bring to boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and simmer briskly until juice has reduced to 1/4 cup about 10 mins. If you accidentally reduce it too much just add water.

While juice is reducing process toasted coconut and walnuts in food processor with flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon until combined. You might have to stop and scrape the bottom edge to release the coconut and walnuts that sometimes stick there. Sometimes I start with just the coconut and walnuts and a bit of the flour mixture to get them ground then add the rest of the dry ingredients.

After processing transfer dry ingredients to large mixing bowl.

Check reducing juice. Once juice is reduced set aside to cool slightly

Measure out raisins and add to bowl with apple/pineapple.

Chop dried pineapple add to other fruit.

Grate carrots and add to fruit.

Add cooled juice to eggs with butter and vanilla. Mix completely until smooth.

Gently fold egg mixture into flour mixture until just combined.

Gently fold in fruit/veg.

Divided batter evenly among muffin cups.

Bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 24-28 rotating muffin tin half way through baking. Let muffins cool in tin on wire rack for 10 mins. Remove muffins from tin and let cool for at least 10 mins before serving (I can never wait that long! LOL!) My oven runs hot so I only bake them 22 mins. Know your oven!

They keep really well. I place them on a piece of parchment in a domed cake stand once they are full cooled but tupperware/rubbermaid containers work well too esp. if you line them with parchment. While I'm waiting for them to get cool enough to put the top on the cake stand I place a clean kitchen towel on top of them to keep them from drying out too much. I have some "flour sack cloths" that I only use of food and don't use fabric softener/bleach or heavy detergent on.

Only three left

Attachment 313239
    You really have gotten much better at making those.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

they look really good this time
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_sick View Post
    The term "Vegan Leather"

It's fucking plastic.
    What about Fine Corinthian Vegan Leather?
    Quando paramucho mi amore de felice carathon.
    Mundo paparazzi mi amore cicce verdi parasol.
    Questo abrigado tantamucho que canite carousel.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    vegans taste yummy
    I prefer jack vegans.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    You really have gotten much better at making those.
    Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    they look really good this time
    Oh you guys are phunny. No muffins for you!

*sings*
    You ain't seen noting
    'Till you're down on a muffin
    Then you're sure to be a-changin' your ways
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Now this annoys me.

Why don't you go fuck yourself?

Oh gosh... did I say that out loud?
    Isn't that precious? KayQueue is flirting with me. Sorry darlin' I ain't that desperate.
    "Que te den pur culo"

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    KQ--there is no one besides you on this forum who has the patience to bake something that complicated with that many ingredients. We're more like throw meat in smoker for 12 hours, drink beer until it's done. They do look and sound wonderful though. If I'm ever up your way . . . .
    No way... we've got lots of bakers on this forum (both kinds ). I'm sure you've got someone in your life who would love to make your morning glorious with some muffins but yeah, you ever find your way to my little corner of Washington drop me a line and I'll whip some up.

No way... we've got lots of bakers on this forum (both kinds ). I'm sure you've got someone in your life who would love to make your morning glorious with some muffins but yeah, you ever find your way to my little corner of Washington drop me a line and I'll whip some up.
    I've got a wife that makes bread in a bread machine. Does that count?

So today I'm billy goating my way through a steep, rocky chute, trying to get into this other tight little chute with a little powder in it. Blasting Slayer on the headphones, until all of the sudden, the music cuts out, and changes to some yoga music. My wife was at home trying to yoga it up and stealing my Spotify! WTF! Now I'm sitting there, standing with one ski on a rock, in an exposed 45º+ chute having a Spotify battle trying to get some metal back in my head instead of Enya or whatever the fuck that was. Annoying but had to laugh.

Shit that annoys you

^^^
    Haha, glitch in the matrix.