Page 1289 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1284 1285 1286 1287 1288 1289 1290 1291 1292 1293 1294 ... LastLast
Results 32,201 to 32,225 of 46041
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Uptalk. Not familiar with this scourge of American vocal communication? Don't worry, I'll tell you.

It's when females (usually) end every sentence as if it's a question. Though there are some younger dude-bros guilty of this atrocity.

Good lord, it's hard to listen to.

I had no idea what you were talking about so I youtubed it and found this from 1994:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z756L_CkakU

Apparently her ending message didn't stick.

pop-up video ads showing up in threads between posts then downsizing to the corner while they continue to play. WTF?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Uptalk. Not familiar with this scourge of American vocal communication? Don't worry, I'll tell you.

It's when females (usually) end every sentence as if it's a question. Though there are some younger dude-bros guilty of this atrocity.

Vocal fry is even worse.

the new video ads on the web forum

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    the new video ads on the web forum
    this is correct.
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Vocal fry is even worse.
    I'd say 50-50.

I disagree about men preferring higher voices in women. Best example of a sexy voice--Lauren Bacall. 20 years old in To Have and Have Not ("You just put your lips together and blow")

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    FIFY. I meant what you knew. Quality reference, easily mixed up with Easy Rider, Jack N and all.
    Dang, thanks.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    this is correct.
    +1. WTF is that? My adblocker is confused.

Edit: nvm, adblock+ took care of it, just have to go after the banner before it gets minimized otherwise it's too resilient.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

OneNote; piece of shit that constantly loses content when it can't sync with OneDrive leaving me with hysterical daughter.

One day they'll listen to me about not typing in OneNote, but use Notepad or word or something that stores locally, then cut and paste that into OneNote when done.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Whoa
    Life is complicated with daughters.

Imma vote for vocal whistle, biatches.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Edit: nvm, adblock+ took care of it, just have to go after the banner before it gets minimized otherwise it's too resilient.
    THANK YOU! That took care of it for me too.

For those wondering what we're talking about, if you're using adblock, click on the ABP logo top right of your browser, click on "block element" and then click on the offending banner that leads to the autoplaying video. Boom. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    That's something you need to confirm BEFORE you buy the T.V.
    It's annoying that you should even have to check this fact. This also drives me nuts, it's such poor design. Also in my case, there is no controls, not even a power button, on my new TV that got 4+ stars out of 5. All controls are remote only, fuuuck.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    THANK YOU! That took care of it for me too.

For those wondering what we're talking about, if you're using adblock, click on the ABP logo top right of your browser, click on "block element" and then click on the offending banner that leads to the autoplaying video. Boom. Problem solved.
    I just made my browser window smaller horizontally and the video disappeared. What former Fox News intern made the autoplay video a thing here? Fire that *****.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    A pickled onion

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

That would be a Gibson, and it is a fine drink Sir.
    Now please delete your tapatalk iPhone sig.

It' especially bad amongst Canadian women.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    OneNote; piece of shit that constantly loses content when it can't sync with OneDrive leaving me with hysterical daughter.

One day they'll listen to me about not typing in OneNote, but use Notepad or word or something that stores locally, then cut and paste that into OneNote when done.
    By design it will store locally if you’re offline. OneNote is a complicated beast.

There is a backup folder you can navigate to to see the previous edits.

Wanna really screw up OneNote? Have two people edit the same object/text on a page. They will break it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlboyell View Post
    Climate change deniers should be in the same boat as the flat earthers, ridiculed for stupidity.

Sexism

Trying to get a hold of my bank. I have to call and schedule a call back for the next day, two hour window. WTF? Is this Comcast?

Just placed an order for some bulk spices. Get the confirmation email and it says they will ship in 7-10 business days. WTF? That takes us into Thanksgiving week and possibly not shipping till after Thanksgiving? With no indication prior to order placement of the delay? Annoying.

So I sent them an email saying that if the order truly won't ship till then, cancel it now. Got an automated response saying it will be a few days before they can answer my email. Also annoying.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Why is it so hard for people to mute themselves in conference calls and web trainings? 30 minutes just trying to get everyone muted...

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    Why is it so hard for people to mute themselves in conference calls and web trainings? 30 minutes just trying to get everyone muted...
    I've mentioned it before. I used to attend a weekly meeting 10+ years ago that had a guy take a leak, and not wash his hands, every. Single. Week. No mute. Just pissing. Never caught the culprit.

What kind of lame ass conferencing software are you using where the host can't mute everyone?

Not to mention getting them to stop masturbating. (The New Yorker fired Toobin btw. Too bad--easily my favorite NYer writer but had to be done I guess.)

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    What kind of lame ass conferencing software are you using where the host can't mute everyone?
    It's a 2-day class on adobe connect required for work. I get why they want people to be able to ask questions, etc., but why is it so hard for people to mute? You'd think since April, people would be pros at this by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post

EverNote or Google Docs.

MSFT can go die in a fire

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Sexism
    It can't be sexist if both sexes are guilty of that shit

License expired. Go to renew online, says I have to do it in person because my picture is too old (jeez, thanks). We don't have a DMV in our county, so go to the closest one which says by appointment only. Call the number to schedule, recording says completely closed to the public, renew online.

Sent them an e-mail asking what to do, just to CYA unless I get pulled over.

Further, if I do get this done in the next couple weeks, I'm going to be stuck with the ridiculous looking Movember stache on my license for the next 5 years.