Page 1472 of 1521 FirstFirst ... 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 1472 1473 1474 1475 1476 1477 ... LastLast
Results 36,776 to 36,800 of 38019
  1. #36776
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    18,192
    I see hydraulic turtles.

  2. #36777
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,826
    Time for my apparently now regular rant against our mega school district:
    (Disclaimer for certain individuals: This doesn't affect me or my kindergarten-age child at all)

    The local mega-casino was short on labor, so the school district created a program to basically rent them students. I can see no educational value in this. The "college tuition program" they tout is open to any employee anyway, not related to this program, and to qualify, you have to be there longer than six months while here they openly say that they're focusing on seasonal positions for this program. And if you are in the Clark County schools, there are already a lot of ways to get UNLV/Nevada State/CSN (local community college) credit for free. So this district - which already has terrible academic outcomes - is now just up and saying that they'll give you high school credit for working as a pool attendant with a favored partner as they have a labor shortage.

    LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -- Students within the Clark County School District can now earn school credit while working at MGM Resorts properties, as part of a new partnership between the two organizations.

    According to a news release, the new work credit program creates "an important link between the school district and Nevada’s largest employer and addresses the labor shortage across the valley."


    As part of the program, MGM Resorts says that CCSD students will earn 1/2 elective credit for each documented 270 hours of work. The company says elective credits can be earned for work during any of the fall, spring or summer semesters.

    In addition, the company notes that after six months of employment, all MGM Resorts employees, including those enrolled in the CCSD work credit program, are eligible to apply for the MGM College Opportunity Program. This program, according to MGM Resorts, offers online education through all NSHE schools, free of charge for all credit hours.

    "This program is a great way for students to get their foot in the door and start a career with MGM Resorts,” said Wanda Gispert-Smith, Vice President of Talent & Workforce Development for MGM Resorts International. “As long as the students stay employed with the company, they are eligible to receive free college tuition or tuition reimbursement. It is our hope that these students stay and grow with us."

    The MGM Resorts Work Credit Program prioritizes seasonal pool positions, including lifeguards and pool attendants, according to the company.

  3. #36778
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    27,879
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Time for my apparently now regular rant against our mega school district:
    (Disclaimer for certain individuals: This doesn't affect me or my kindergarten-age child at all)

    The local mega-casino was short on labor, so the school district created a program to basically rent them students. I can see no educational value in this. The "college tuition program" they tout is open to any employee anyway, not related to this program, and to qualify, you have to be there longer than six months while here they openly say that they're focusing on seasonal positions for this program. And if you are in the Clark County schools, there are already a lot of ways to get UNLV/Nevada State/CSN (local community college) credit for free. So this district - which already has terrible academic outcomes - is now just up and saying that they'll give you high school credit for working as a pool attendant with a favored partner as they have a labor shortage.
    fixed your post
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  4. #36779
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,145
    Fucking MATLAB. And especially fucking MATLAB for Linux.

    What doesn't annoy me is the 13 y/o MBP continuing to boot every day.

  5. #36780
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    the Low Sierra
    Posts
    15,373
    the guy at the local outdoor shop who told me a bakerís dozen times how bored he was, then couldnít figure out how to make change on $16.72 out of $21.72

    when he had to go to the receipt I called him on it and said he oughta be able to figure it out in his head

    he told me heíd been figuring a lot out in his head and didnít have much left

    he didnít understand why a customer might like him to at least sorta be able to do his job

    why do some people seem to take a sense of pride in being lazy and dumb and fkn useless?
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

  6. #36781
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    330
    Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    the guy at the local outdoor shop who told me a bakerís dozen times how bored he was, then couldnít figure out how to make change on $16.72 out of $21.72

    when he had to go to the receipt I called him on it and said he oughta be able to figure it out in his head

    he told me heíd been figuring a lot out in his head and didnít have much left

    he didnít understand why a customer might like him to at least sorta be able to do his job

    why do some people seem to take a sense of pride in being lazy and dumb and fkn useless?
    sounds like he fears change

  7. #36782
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    the Low Sierra
    Posts
    15,373
    heh
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

  8. #36783
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    32,107
    Had an oral surgery today, fine. I asked for Vicodin or something, and the (Mormon) doc said he hadnít bother to set up being able to prescribe in WY, so tough shit, ibuprofen for me.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

  9. #36784
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    tetons
    Posts
    7,943
    ugh- toothaches are the worst
    I'll look to see what we have leftover from past surgeries. maybe can drop something by to the Mrs.
    skid luxury

  10. #36785
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    208 State
    Posts
    2,413
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Had an oral surgery today, fine. I asked for Vicodin or something, and the (Mormon) doc said he hadnít bother to set up being able to prescribe in WY, so tough shit, ibuprofen for me.
    Just the opposite for me W, had a front tooth extraction about a year ago in preparation for my implant. After having to use the "breaking bit" to extract the tooth that was partially calcified to my maxillofacial bone my oral surgeon told me I'd be sore and want a prescription for 25 Norco, I didn't decline, but only used 2 of them. If I lived closer, I'd drop some off tonite.

    Christ on a cracker, you'd think your doc would at least get certification to prescribe some sort of meds post surgically especially if he/she can do local anesthetics, or maybe they still give you a shot of whiskey and leather to bit in WY

  11. #36786
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Down In A Hole, Up in the Sky
    Posts
    32,107
    Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    ugh- toothaches are the worst
    I'll look to see what we have leftover from past surgeries. maybe can drop something by to the Mrs.
    Actually, that would make her pretty mad…maybe Snow King?
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

  12. #36787
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,924
    Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Okay so I've seen this ad 3x now since I read this post and I can't stop thinking about it. The dispatcher most definitely does not ask if the woman's head is above water. She asks some questions to understand the situation (in a car, filling with water) and at the end says "help is on its way, try to keep your head above water, okay?"

    The dispatcher is reassuring the caller and giving them a specific instruction to focus on. Now I'm no dispatcher expert but I bet that's day 1 material right there. You owe Tim Cook an apology.

    Posted from my Apple Watch.
    Damnit Paulster! Now I'm annoyed I have to find that commercial on YouTube and listen to it to find out why I was wrong to be annoyed.

    Edit: My annoyance is validated! The dispatcher absolutely asks "Okay, but your head is above water?"

    54 seconds in: https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_con...ature=emb_logo

    Now I'm back to my original level of annoyance and also happy to not be dealing with dental or eye problems. Good luck guys.

  13. #36788
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    on the banks of Fish Creek
    Posts
    5,180
    coulda been bobbing off the bottom, talking between dunkings.



    ever think of that?

  14. #36789
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    9,679
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Posting and having it time out annoys me.

    Try again... Kiddo got in a collision during the "skills quest" portion of her race at Steamboat. Nobody seems to know what happened, it may have been a random and it may have been a kid in her group, but my kiddo doesn't know because she was splayed out on the ground and nobody who witnessed it seemed to know (or at least nobody said anything while my kid was around). Hard to know exactly what happened talking to a kid who got wrecked, so I don't know if I should be annoyed or enraged.

    But the worst part is the outcome, small break in her upper arm that will keep her out of commission for at least 4 weeks. She's so bummed. Ugh.
    Sorry to hear!!

  15. #36790
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    In the swamp
    Posts
    9,679
    FUCK WORDLE

  16. #36791
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Treading Water
    Posts
    5,848
    At this point, I donít mind so much paying $2 for an avocado. What really chaps my ass though, is throwing out every other avocado I cut into.


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Lots of Cream, Lots of Sugar

  17. #36792
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    24,545
    Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    At this point, I don’t mind so much paying $2 for an avocado. What really chaps my ass though, is throwing out every other avocado I cut into.
    Truth. Someone needs to invent a gadget that can tell if an avocado is going to be good before breaking the skin.

  18. #36793
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    17,151
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Truth. Someone needs to invent a gadget that can tell if a woman is going to be good before breaking the skin.
    FIFY.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

  19. #36794
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    19,831
    Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    the guy at the local outdoor shop who told me a baker’s dozen times how bored he was, then couldn’t figure out how to make change on $16.72 out of $21.72

    when he had to go to the receipt I called him on it and said he oughta be able to figure it out in his head

    he told me he’d been figuring a lot out in his head and didn’t have much left

    he didn’t understand why a customer might like him to at least sorta be able to do his job

    why do some people seem to take a sense of pride in being lazy and dumb and fkn useless?
    One of the side benefits of paying for everything with a credit card is that I don't have wait while a clerk struggles to make change. (There is one restaurant I have breakfast at that doesn't take cc's, but I always order the same thing and a $20 is perfect for meal and tip. Also saves me the trouble of figuring the tip, since I'm not that good with math in my head either.)

  20. #36795
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    17,151
    Shit that would annoy me would be a $20 breakfast.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

  21. #36796
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    13,856
    Same guy that complains about a $5 ice cream buys a $20 breakfast, go figure.
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  22. #36797
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    10,919
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Shit that would annoy me would be a $20 breakfast.
    Really? That's pretty standard for a sit down prepared meal these days, especially in your neck of the woods.

  23. #36798
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,885
    Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Damnit Paulster! Now I'm annoyed I have to find that commercial on YouTube and listen to it to find out why I was wrong to be annoyed.

    Edit: My annoyance is validated! The dispatcher absolutely asks "Okay, but your head is above water?"

    54 seconds in: https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_con...ature=emb_logo

    Now I'm back to my original level of annoyance and also happy to not be dealing with dental or eye problems. Good luck guys.
    So I'm like "no way, man. I don't know who John B is, but he's either retarded or we're totally crossed-up here." Clicked your link.... it's a different commercial!

    Here's the one I get up here in canada during hockey games:

    well, I can't find a video. But it's not this montage one you linked. The one I get is just a single call, and the dispatcher is a female as well. Maybe they just give us the smarter commercials up here?

  24. #36799
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,885
    Annoyance:

    Flight changes. This is pretty much guaranteed to happen now. Remember when you'd just book a flight and that was it? You pick one based on a good departure/arrival time, shoot for non-stop, and all you had to do next was actually get your meat sack to the airport and go. Not now. Nooooooo way. These days if a flight doesn't get changed to something totally stupid I am very surprised.

    This morning, for example:
    Existing flight is from YXX-YYZ non-stop on March 19. They've changed it to YXX-YEG-YYZ on March 20. So now I have to scramble and book 4 tickets on the original date and cancel this one. At least they refunded my money, not like Westjet who just keeps it like some stupid bank hoping you'll forget about it.

    And then at the top of every page: due to covid we are experiencing high call volume. please be patient and only call if your flight is in the next 72 hours or whatever. COVID HAS BEEN HERE FOR 2 YEARS NOW. WHY HAVEN'T YOU HIRED MORE PEOPLE!!!

    Holy shit I need some heroin or something.

  25. #36800
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Ogden
    Posts
    7,477
    Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Damnit Paulster! Now I'm annoyed I have to find that commercial on YouTube and listen to it to find out why I was wrong to be annoyed.

    Edit: My annoyance is validated! The dispatcher absolutely asks "Okay, but your head is above water?"

    54 seconds in: https://m.youtube.com/watch?time_con...ature=emb_logo

    Now I'm back to my original level of annoyance and also happy to not be dealing with dental or eye problems. Good luck guys.
    To further confuse: thatís not the dispatcher asking her if her head is above water, thatís the first responders who have just arrived.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •