Page 1637 of 1850 FirstFirst ... 1632 1633 1634 1635 1636 1637 1638 1639 1640 1641 1642 ... LastLast
Results 40,901 to 40,925 of 46232
    Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    Some of Downtown Bend's angled parking spaces can be too small for large trucks.
    You will be cited if your vehicle infringes on the drive lane beyond the end of a space.

https://www.bendoregon.gov/visitor/parking#Rules

Not just a truck thing, vans can stick way out to, especially if they have racks.
    How often do they actually ticket on Bond & Wall?

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Anyone who’s old enough to like the same music as you probably can’t get the Bluetooth connection to properly work with their Phish bootlegs from 1971.
    Phish not THAT old

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Phish not THAT old
    Ha. Had to look it up. 1983. Forty years of jam band

Have they started a new song yet or still on the first one?

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Have they started a new song yet or still on the first one?
    This.

Dear Summit At Snoqualmie

Today, I got off the West Summit exit on I-90 at 8:15 a.m. and drove up the Alpental access road. Slowly.

It took a little while to get to the main Alpental lot. In the absence of any parking personnel or signs, I proceeded to drive up to lot 4, which, per the Summit's claim, is reserved for seasons pass holders only.

It was full on guerilla combat performance parking with the road up to lot 4 marginally navigable each way. Safety was absent. By the time I got to lot 4. it was 8:45 There was no parking available nor parking personnel directing anything. It took another 45 minutes to get back to the I-90 West Summit exit.

Could you please request of the fine, fine Boyne and Summit-At-Snoqualmie Management to allocate some resources to manage parking? Perhaps request that someone with some initiative put out signs when the lots are full? Maybe direct traffic? Hand out trinkets? Actually enforce the representation of lot 4 reserved for seasons pass holders?

I know it's too much to request that Boyne and your management not oversell the public resource to which the Summit has a lease. But I thought I'd try to at least fire an appropriate flare o-er your collective bows.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Dear Summit At Snoqualmie

Put some fucking parking staff and goddamn information out there so I don’t waste any more fucking time trying to get to your overfuckingpriced skiing.
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    If there was any kind of a line I can't imagine someone getting away with that around here. Certainly not more than once.
    There was a pretty good line. I was surprised nobody else seemed to care, including lift ops. Midwest nice?

He filed in behind us and after I said something the two snowboarders behind him (triple lift) came up to join him. I stopped paying attention, but when I looked back halfway up I saw an empty chair behind me, then the two snowboarders, then him. It was nice that I wasn’t worrying about it anymore. I saw him a few runs later taking his snowboard off and walking over to the singles line, though he didn’t really seem a beginner.

Weird guy. Whatever.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    I like riding alone midweek if there’s no line. I see no point on crowding onto chairs just to fill the seat. Inevitably some boomer skitters onto the chair and exclaims “just made it”. It’s like they feel it’s they’re civic duty to get on even though there’s no line.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Sure, but what made this grievous is that he was skipping the long normal line in favor of the short singles line, and THEN riding alone.

There I am worrying about it some more.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    Isn’t that lot only free after 5? Talking about really fucking annoying I hit the oversized bumper of a crew cab long bed illegally parked in the angled parking in Bend. Was looking at the back up camera and trying to be quick to not block traffic and the fucking long bed stuck out into the oncoming traffic.
    To the west of the pay lot there's a little that's free and only for the Sports Hub and the taco place adjacent to the lot. Of course the pickup could have been patronizing one of the other businesses on the block but none of them were likely to appeal to a extended cab pickup driver. Dear pu driver--if I have unfairly stereotyped you I sincerely apologize, but get your goddamn truck out of the middle of the street.

I like riding alone midweek if there’s no line. I see no point on crowding onto chairs just to fill the seat. Inevitably some boomer skitters onto the chair and exclaims “just made it”. It’s like they feel it’s they’re civic duty to get on even though there’s no line. It’s even more annoying when they have a sound bar in their jacket blaring shitty elevator music. One I said where is that music coming from, he said it’s me and turned it up and then tried talking to me even though I couldn’t hear him over the music. He finally turned it down halfway up after he realized I wasn’t hearing him.

I wrestle with this a lot. Even though I'm a boomer I prefer to ride alone. When there's no line or a long line the decision to join someone else is easy. But how much of a line behind me is enough that I should hop on with someone else.? One group? Three? I don't want to keep people behind waiting, but I don't want to barge in on a chair where I'm not wanted. I wish there was some objective standard so that I don't have to fret over this on those half busy days. Sounds like a problem for AI, after the zipper merge is solved.

I’m just talking about days with no lines, like ski right on the chair. I’m not worried about someone waiting for 20 seconds for the next chair coming around the bull wheel. I don’t get it, are they afraid of riding alone?

I’m just talking about days with no lines, like ski right on the chair. I’m not worried about someone waiting for 20 seconds for the next chair coming around the bull wheel. I don’t get it, are they afraid of riding alone?

I think a lot of people are afraid of their own thoughts, or just bored by them, and need to talk. Ff someone insists on riding with me at least don't be jumping on at the last second and making me scoot over.

I just got a $5.28 check from Equifax due to a data breach. That's a nice "Fuck you” on top of getting my info stolen.

I think a lot of people are afraid of their own thoughts, or just bored by them, and need to talk. Ff someone insists on riding with me at least don't be jumping on at the last second and making me scoot over.
    This^^^.
    If you have to hustle to catch me on the chair, and there's no line?!?!? You're a creeper.

Speaking of Boyne parking lots and longer vehicles, the terraced parking at Barker (oldest Sunday River base area) clearly wasn't designed with modern pickups and vans in mind. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't actually designed or engineered at all, but that's beside the point.

To fit longer vehicles (pickups, some vans, etc) on most of the terraces, they need to be parked at an angle. If everyone does this, it results in minimal loss of spaces with the benefit of everyone being able to get out of their space (or into an empty space) without issue.

Most of the regulars seem to be aware of this and will park at an angle when starting a row, although a lot of them driving smaller vehicles tend to vastly underestimate the turning radius of an American battleship-turned-pickup.

But could Boyne be bothered to put up even a few signs? Nah. So you get people parking directly perpendicular, leaving those driving pickups and vans with the choice between matching the angle and potentially being stuck if the spaces across the terraced are occupied by anything larger than a Golf or creating a triangular void and parking in a way that gives them a fighting chance of leaving when they want to.

Sent using TGR Forums mobile app

I like Amy. Even paid money to hear her talk once, and bought a Democracy Now! T shirt. That said, I almost neverr listen to the show these days so maybe I don't like her as much as I think I do.

Back when my kid was driving a stick he asked to borrow my car (auto). I didn't ask why. I probably should have. Turned out he used it to teach his Little Brother (as in Big Brothers) to drive.

I don't disagree that Judy is a good journalist--but on air I think she gets overemotional and anxious about bad news. And I think she took the show a little too far in the direction of human interest stories. One thing about her show I did appreciate--under McNeil Lehrer there was way too much of two politicians from oppoisite sides of the political spectrum arguing--or talking past each other--wth the official talking point.. While Judy didn't eliminate those she did have more analysis from less partisan sources. Interesting factoid--she started out as a weather "girl".

What's a bagger?
    No kidding. I'm happy to just get someone to check me out with a weeks worth of groceries. I don't mind if I have to bag.
    I hate having to scan and bag. Although, I have memorized some of the produce codes.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    I just got a $5.28 check from Equifax due to a data breach. That's a nice "Fuck you” on top of getting my info stolen.
    Mine was less than $2...wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    How often do they actually ticket on Bond & Wall?
    I went into a store to borrow a pen to leave the guy a note and the clerk said they do occasionally ticket.

A couple friends felt like I should have called the cops and seen if I was liable. I can’t get into all that. I should have seen it. Can’t hit a parked fucking car and whine about it. Pissed me off for about 15 minutes then I got over it.

Quote Originally Posted by anotherVTskibum View Post
    Speaking of Boyne parking lots and longer vehicles, the terraced parking at Barker (oldest Sunday River base area) clearly wasn't designed with modern pickups and vans in mind. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't actually designed or engineered at all, but that's beside the point.

To fit longer vehicles (pickups, some vans, etc) on most of the terraces, they need to be parked at an angle. If everyone does this, it results in minimal loss of spaces with the benefit of everyone being able to get out of their space (or into an empty space) without issue.

Most of the regulars seem to be aware of this and will park at an angle when starting a row, although a lot of them driving smaller vehicles tend to vastly underestimate the turning radius of an American battleship-turned-pickup.

But could Boyne be bothered to put up even a few signs? Nah. So you get people parking directly perpendicular, leaving those driving pickups and vans with the choice between matching the angle and potentially being stuck if the spaces across the terraced are occupied by anything larger than a Golf or creating a triangular void and parking in a way that gives them a fighting chance of leaving when they want to.

Sent using TGR Forums mobile app
    Name:  1EAD49DD-96E9-4A2C-B69F-F6CE0550ADF6.jpeg
Views: 294
Size:  43.8 KB
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by 406 View Post
    Mine was less than $2...wtf.
    peasant
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    The most irritating thing is how they had all your personal info/financial data to begin with, whether or not you've EVER used their services. Why the hell these companies are even entitled to your private data to begin with is infuriating.

Equifax is worth around 28 BILLION dollars. You'd think they could spring for better security, but nope. They say "F U and your data. Now take your $5 and shut up." Bet some class action lawyers got pretty damn rich off this one, though. Now have fun locking down your credit and cleaning up any messes they may have created.

Super dark tinted windows annoy me. I honestly believe that eye contact really helps to avoid accidents, especially for pedestrians. If I were a cop, I would be way more inclined to pull anyone over with tinted windows.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Super dark tinted windows annoy me. I honestly believe that eye contact really helps to avoid accidents, especially for pedestrians. If I were a cop, I would be way more inclined to pull anyone over with tinted windows.
    People in extremely sunny, warm climes would like to have a word with you.

You don't need "Limo tint" though. I put in a lighter tint which really is much better than nothing and the cops can see in the car, so I don't get shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    You don't need "Limo tint" though. I put in a lighter tint which really is much better than nothing and the cops can see in the car, so I don't get shot.
    Isn't that a horrifying insight into the policing we've saddled ourselves with. (I'd laugh, but it sure isn't funny.)