Page 1339 of 1849 FirstFirst ... 1334 1335 1336 1337 1338 1339 1340 1341 1342 1343 1344 ... LastLast
Results 33,451 to 33,475 of 46225
    Quote Originally Posted by bobz View Post
    It's astonishing that in the time that tech capabilities have exploded exponentially, the only advance in mainstream smoke alarms, which people spend billions on, is 10-year batteries.
    Walking into the other bedroom I did notice this one had a bright little light that flashed along with the chirp, so it was easy to identify which one was the offender.

What boggles my mind is why they can't put a simple timer in these things that delays the start of chirping until 7am or so once low battery is detected. Of course that might render the flashing light less useful, but that's a tradeoff I'm willing to take.

Maybe this is a business opportunity we can monetize? Design a smoke alarm, or mods to First Alert units, to guarantee no chirping before a given time of day. I'd pay for that.

^^^^yes. Maybe an electric eye is all it needs. Daylight. Start chirping.

My own innatentiveness annoys me. This sucker doesn't cool down very fast either.

Quote Originally Posted by bonewrenched View Post
    I dare you to stick your dick in there.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Looks like it's pizza time!

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    I dare you to stick your dick in there.
    Ironically enough we did cook a few hotdogs.

Making my morning mocha... grab a fresh carton of Silk from the overflow fridge in the garage.... screw off the cap and reach for the ring to pull out the seal but there is no seal and the carton isn't full. Ugh. Some arse opened it at the store and drank from it then put it back.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Making my morning mocha... grab a fresh carton of Silk from the overflow fridge in the garage.... screw off the cap and reach for the ring to pull out the seal but there is no seal and the carton isn't full. Ugh. Some arse opened it at the store and drank from it then put it back.
    My wife just had the same experience with some coffee-mate flavored creamer this week.

That’s what she gets for not letting me make her a cappuccino.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovetoskiatalta View Post
    Dude its losers like you that give ski bums a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Calling bullshit, Ice. You have the freedom to do multiple things. You don't possess freedoms because of many things you are free to do.

You don't have the freedoms to choose what bathroom to shit in, even though you may have 7.

Anyway, freebird.
    fwiw, Constitutional scholars distinguish between the various freedoms spelled out in the Amendments.
    So I'm with ötzi, despite Lynyrd Skynyrd.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Having din-din at Dam Brewing in Dillon. Sampled a couple of beers before ordering a pint, basically two shot glasses filled with my choices. One sucked and I couldn't take more than the initial sip. Later, got the bill and these cum-swiling turd-burglers charged me for the fucking samples in addition to the pint I ended up ordering! One sample was $2.00 and the other $4.00. The pint was $8.00. Fuck these fucking fucks for all fucking eternity.

Sent from my motorola edge plus using Tapatalk
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Having din-din at Dam Brewing in Dillon. Sampled a couple of beers before ordering a pint, basically two shot glasses filled with my choices. One sucked and I couldn't take more than the initial sip. Later, got the bill and these cum-swiling turd-burglers charged me for the fucking samples in addition to the pint I ended up ordering! One sample was $2.00 and the other $4.00. The pint was $8.00. Fuck these fucking fucks for all fucking eternity.

Dam Brewing has always had shitty beer from my few times visiting. I finally learned about a decade ago and ain't been back.

weak sauce...

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    weak sauce...
    How'd you know the beer I ordered?

Daniel Ortega eats here.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Dam Brewing has always had shitty beer from my few times visiting. I finally learned about a decade ago and ain't been back.

Yup, that's been my experience too. Although it sounds like it's now expensive and shitty, which is even worse than just being shitty.

Do they still run those TV commercials with the awful "Dillon Dam Brewery" song?

The TVs were running, but I don't recall any sound. Anywho, I was too busy posting here about how shitty they are.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Holding spot for screaming in the future........

ME (sales guys): Don't release that code to my customer, its not been fully tested, no one has been trained, and we dont have resources to fix it if it goes down.

Product Mgr: SHIP IT!!

ME: FML!

My co-worker and I were drinking a beer years ago after a trade show and he had the best line to describe our company.

"Its not that we shoot ourselves in the foot with these projects that bothers me, its our ability to drop mag and reload so quickly"

You can no longer recycle plastic in W2. First it was glass now this. Not to get political but if this country (i.e. our government) wanted to do something meaningful they would invest in affordable US based recycling plants. Create jobs, reduce refuse and help the environment all at the same time. Just imagine.....
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Recycling was always a scam the plastic industry used to convince people that buying stuff in plastic was ok because the plastic would be recycled. No one ever intended that the recycled plastic would ever be used. In the long run ending recycling, except for stuff for which there is an actual use, might be a good thing if it gets people to use actual recyclable or compostable packing--either voluntarily or mandated. (Or is composting trash another scam?)

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Recycling was always a scam the plastic industry used to convince people that buying stuff in plastic was ok because the plastic would be recycled. No one ever intended that the recycled plastic would ever be used. In the long run ending recycling, except for stuff for which there is an actual use, might be a good thing if it gets people to use actual recyclable or compostable packing--either voluntarily or mandated. (Or is composting trash another scam?)
    Yanno... I'm just not sure why we bother anymore. Between all the shit we do that pollutes, destroys, divides and suppresses and this virus and the vaccine that will kill and/or maybe/maybe not disable us we are living in a damn if we do and damned if we don't world.

And on that happy note I'm off to volunteer at the vax clinic where I will assist with getting people injected.

Yanno... I'm just not sure why we bother anymore. Between all the shit we do that pollutes, destroys, divides and suppresses and this virus and the vaccine that will kill and/or maybe/maybe not disable us we are living in a damn if we do and damned if we don't world.

And on that happy note I'm off to volunteer at the vax clinic where I will assist with getting people injected.
    Don't recycle the syringes and needles. They go in the red box. The soda cans in the green can. They still take those I think. (In college in the early 70's as work coordinator at Tank Coop at Oberlin about once a week I had to give a speech about which type of garbage and trash went into which container. We were ahead of our time garbage wise. 50 years later nothing has changed.)

Recycling glass never made sense. Except for back in the day when your coke bottle got rinsed and refilled.

Plastic can be recycled. But the trash industry likes to burn it up in a cogen inceration. More btu.
    . . .

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    So you are saying when I go to teach recycling this week to 1st-3rd graders....I should just tell them don’t bother, it’s just a scam?....lol.

I can’t do my “Recycling Race”?....where I dump a bunch of stuff out on the playground and the kids race to sort the stuff into the correct recycling bins?.....I got prizes and everything.....

Damn, now I gotta make up all new plans for next week......that’s gonna be annoying.
    Last edited by BC.; 04-18-2021 at 07:55 PM.

There are two R's before "recycle" in the "3 R's." Limit your plastic because Old Goat is correct.
    https://www.npr.org/2019/07/12/74128...uld-we-recycle

benny.