Page 1512 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 ... LastLast
Results 37,776 to 37,800 of 46293
    Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    Google play is the app store.

Amazon music?
    No, that's the Play Store. Google Play was the former Android app for playing music and videos.

I have Amazon, but I don't think it will play device files. Streaming music is great and all, but I'd also like something basic to simply play the music stored on my phone. I just downloaded a basic app called AIMP that might do the trick, but haven't tried it in my car yet.

VLC player

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    VLC player
    This is what I use as well.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

I'll try it. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    There used to be an Android audio app on my phone to play music that was on the device (Google Play?). A year or two ago that went away and was replaced by YouTube Music. For a while that allowed me to play the music on my device, but now anytime I'm in my car and tell it to play something from my phone it tells me "you need YouTube Premium to do that." WTF? Does anyone know of an app that works with Android Auto that allows me to play music on my phone rather than just streamed audio?
    Play Music was what used to play audio on your phone, not Google Play

Spotify has a setting that will allow you to play local files, I would assume Amazon music does as well.

The app you want is VLC. Open source, plays nicely with Android Auto. It won't be as polished as what you're used to but also won't play ads. Pay the $3 for Poweramp Equalizer if you want to make it sound better.

ETA: Ted beat me to it.

I used the Play Music app a lot to play MP3s. It worked great with my truck's stereo system. Would connect reliably when I'd start the truck up.

Since that went away I've been using one called Free Music. It's ok, doesn't work well enough I'd recommend it. It doesn't always connect with the truck (though that could be my phone's settings following a system update) and it seems to change settings on its own randomly from shuffle all to alphabetical. It's not bad enough I was looking for something else yet, but if VLC player has a mobile app I'll give that a try. I use it on my laptop for playing video files. It seems pretty stable whereas the other microsoft player crashes frequently or won't open some file types.

Yeah, it runs on everything. iOS, macOS, android, linux, chrome, and even windoze, if that's still a thing

The permissions on mobile are a little onerous (because of the artwork, metadata, etc) but if you download it from the apple/google stores or directly from videolan.org you'll be fine. It doesn't even require user account/info.

I've been using it since the 00s on multiple devices without issue (and thrown them a few $s to keep it going)

Watching the Mets game and they have Lindor miked up. They're talking to him in the field and you know he's gotta put on a show for the broadcast and say things he wouldn't normally say. Similar to "reality" shows that are anything but reality. If you don't say or do something outrageous the show is boring and will be cancelled.

^^trying to make baseball interesting.

That's unpossible^^^
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

There's a billion music apps, but the one I'm using is Omnia. Free, no ads. On an Android phone and works with Android Auto pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by cinnepa View Post
    ^^trying to make baseball interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    That's unpossible^^^
    Fun to play, boring af to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Batteries weaken when cold, houses are generally cooler at night.
    I think heat rises.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

New rescue pooch was doing well; yesterday he killed a neighbor’s chicken, and today he bit a friend’s dog, resulting in an eye removal surgery. Goddamn it.

Free puppy!!!

Free target practice!
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    I think heat rises.
    All this says is that warmer air is less dense than colder air, thus the colder air "sinks" in relation to the warm air, so yes, it might be very slightly warmer at ceiling level than floor level, but it's still going to generally colder at night in a house. That's why smoke detector low battery beeps generally occur at night.

Wow, brutal, but I agree the dog should probably be put down, or at least brought into an environment where you don't have to worry about those things.

Got a flat tire Saturday night on Berthoud Pass. Annoying. Used my portable compressor to air it up hoping to make it into Winter Park. The compressor is slow AF, took 30+ minutes, but it worked, rolled into town with air still in the tire.

Changed out the tire Sunday morning (annoying AF but successful) then went skiing. Went to Discount Tire first thing this morning to get the flat fixed.

Tire is unfixable. Spare tire is OEM from 16 years ago. One thousand dollars later, drive out with new tires and new spare, didn't even get to consult the many tire threads of TGR to make an uninformed choice. Annoying.

The tires were on their last few thousand miles, so it was an expense I knew was coming, but I was hoping to make it through summer so the fresh rubber would get next winter.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

2.5 year old Peloton. Screen has died. Online chat with support, long story short needs replacement. They tell me it's $525 +tax. WTF. They say if I call the support line they may be able to assist further.

Call them today. Tell them the problem. Guy says, "we have a one-time discount for a tablet replacement, for the first one, it's........ $525." Shiza.

I tell him that I realize everyone always must tell him it's too much and asks for a better deal, but I am special (ha ha!) and is there anything he can do?

He says "let me go and speak with an actual human here, becuase the system won't even let me do any price changes at all"

....on hold for 5 minutes...

Comes back, says nope. Tells me to check online for used tablets for sale - but surprisingly there are none! Because who would have an extra Peloton tablet! For what purpose!!

I tell this guy I need to think about what I'm going to do, because this sort of thing kinda pisses me off. I get it's outside of warranty and all that, but it's not that old, and it's expensive as hell.

I'm pissed off because my usual tactic of kissing these people's asses and trying to be the best call of their day did not work as it usually does. Oh well, guess I'm going for runs and real bike riding for a while. I will try calling again tomorrow and see if I get someone else who can knock of a hundo or two.

Good brats usually come in packs of 4 or for some reason, 5. Occasionally 6. Buns come in 6 or 8. You are almost always left with extra of one or the other and if you're like me and hate throwing food away you end up buying more of each to avoid that which only perpetuates the cycle. It's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Good brats usually come in packs of 4 or for some reason, 5. Occasionally 6. Buns come in 6 or 8. You are almost always left with extra of one or the other and if you're like me and hate throwing food away you end up buying more of each to avoid that which only perpetuates the cycle. It's annoying.
    Good brats don't go on buns.

I think that's working as intended (from the point of view of the brat and bun makers).

Just need to find the least common multiple. Packs of 4 & 6 -> buy 12. Packs of 5 & 8 -> buy 40.

Quote Originally Posted by teledad View Post
    …. 5 & 8 -> buy 40.
    Sausage fest

Good brats come in singles at a butcher shop

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    Good brats come in singles at a butcher shop
    +1000