Page 1605 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 1606 1607 1608 1609 1610 ... LastLast
Results 40,101 to 40,125 of 46045
    Thanksgiving guests let me know that they would be an hour late at the time that they were supposed to be arriving.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

WWCD is online now Non Threating Male Friend
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Thanksgiving guests let me know that they would be an hour late at the time that they were supposed to be arriving.
    Start eating

Lol. I'm over it already. And stuffed.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

My Mother-In -Law is still horribly, vacuously inane and insane. To the point of cliche and stereotype of an East Coast snobby rich-ish Jewish Lady. Her spiritual center is her dish and Tupperware collection. And the Tan Macan.
    Im ready for the down to earth, salt of the land people of Wilson again.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    My Mother-In -Law is still horribly, vacuously inane and insane. To the point of cliche and stereotype of an East Coast snobby rich-ish Jewish Lady. Her spiritual center is her dish and Tupperware collection. And the Tan Macan.
    Im ready for the down to earth, salt of the land people of Wilson again.
    You know what they say about wives becoming their mothers, don't you?

that’s a big reason I got divorced
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    You know what they say about wives becoming their mothers, don't you?
    Yeah, I would have seen that 25 years ago. She is so unlike her mom, it’s fairly amazing.

Yeah, I would have seen that 25 years ago. She is so unlike her mom, it’s fairly amazing.
    Yeah sometimes people successfully use the example of their parents to become something entirely different.

Kinda rare tho

.... or they take the best of their parents and discard the rest.

As we all should.

Credit card fraud/bank...............Apparantly I bought a $2000 plane ticket, $600 at a resort in Mexico, $850 in jewelry in Spain all on the same day. For some reason none of those seemed suspicious to the bank. What triggered them was buying an $80 guide book at 3am.

I had two back to back airline tickets bought overseas in the middle of the night on my card for ~$1600 each. Wasn't flagged or anything.

Tried ordering ~$200 bike parts for a vendor I've used countless times before - card locked due to suspicious activity..

Mrs ::: :::’s card got a $99, then eight $199 charges in a day back in Sept…not flagged. She found them on the monthly statement after wondering why we seemed low for a week. Bank reversed/refunded once notified, but damn, how is that pattern not a flag?

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Mrs ::: :::’s card got a $99, then eight $199 charges in a day back in Sept…not flagged. She found them on the monthly statement after wondering why we seemed low for a week. Bank reversed/refunded once notified, but damn, how is that pattern not a flag?
    Stop using a debit card, credit card is more betterer.
    Last edited by Danno; 11-26-2022 at 10:48 AM.

Our CC got used for an Uber after we used it over the phone at Jimmy John’s. Then they tried to use it to book a fancy hotel down the street from our house. Pretty sure the culprit was Jimmy John’s crackhead employees.

let’s get a couple things straight

it’s “wrought” iron not “rod” iron

and

“barbed” wire not “bob” wire

fkn assholes
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    it’s “wrought” iron not “rod” iron
    fkn assholes
    Maybe they were looking for Ron's iron rod.
    You never know!

What’s up with folks trying to make their cars so loud? And why no enforcement of noise ordinance from LE?

Third community in 10 years that I’ve lived in and a problem in all 3.

Quote Originally Posted by lowsparkco View Post
    What’s up with folks trying to make their cars so loud? And why no enforcement of noise ordinance from LE?

Third community in 10 years that I’ve lived in and a problem in all 3.
    Well you can at least be glad you don't live in Oakland. "The whistles go WOOOOOOOO!"

LMAO!

Corporate greeting cards annoy me.
    focus.

We had the electricians install a 70 slot panel last year. When they re-labeled all of the breakers, they used freaking non-waterproof ink, on plain paper stickers. I just went out to check something, and there is absolutely no indicators of what breaker goes to what.

WTF.

We had the electricians install a 70 slot panel last year. When they re-labeled all of the breakers, they used freaking non-waterproof ink, on plain paper stickers. I just went out to check something, and there is absolutely no indicators of what breaker goes to what.

WTF.
    Our main panel has labels next to the breaker and a list of the breakers on the inside of the door that are inconsistent with each other. They don't even assign the same numbers to the same slots. My wife's doing.

I think I bitch more about deliveries than anything else but:

OnTrac is off the rails. Bike parts box sat in their facility for three days, each day saying it would be delivered. Then it never shows out for delivery but updates straight to DELIVERED and says it was signed for by me.

Joke’s on them, the delivery location is the US post office where I have a PO Box Plus or whatever it’s called that allows me to get 3rd party deliveries at the USPS location, obviously no way I could sign for it. Post office keeps track of every delivery they get for my name/box and say nothing showed up. I’m guessing an employee just stole the box and marked it delivered so it’s harder to prove it wasn’t.

The whole damn reason I paid for the PO Box is because between neighborhood thrives and crappy delivery companies, I was losing like 20% of my mail at my house. Now I can’t even trust them to get it to a massive federal facility?

Kudos to JensonUSA for shipping out the replacement parts today and going after OnTrac themselves rather than making me file the claim.

I thought Jenson had stopped using OnTrac. The last year or so they've shipped my orders USPS.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    Kudos to JensonUSA for shipping out the replacement parts today and going after OnTrac themselves rather than making me file the claim.
    Shipping liability rests with the seller until you’re grasping whatever item in your sweaty little pudwhacking hands (or at least have it in your control), so it’d be some kind of high bullshit if they put that on you.

Still, it’s gratifying when a seller makes it right with minimum hassle and back and forth.
    Last edited by Mustonen; 11-30-2022 at 06:01 AM.
    focus.

Create a spreadsheet of breakers
    Breaker location. what it serves. Amps.

Print on regular paper and tape to the door.

Been doing it a long time.

There’s just not enough room on the factory labels when you have multiple circuits on one breaker.

Attachment 436051