Page 1197 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1192 1193 1194 1195 1196 1197 1198 1199 1200 1201 1202 ... LastLast
Results 29,901 to 29,925 of 46293
    Threading of emails on Gmail annoys me. After a few replies with a couple of people, it sucks. Outlook is logical and easy.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Threading of emails on Gmail annoys me. After a few replies with a couple of people, it sucks. Outlook is logical and easy.
    I miss xmh for reading teh emails.

The fact that our local taxpayer funded rec center doesn't have any fitness classes that begin before 7:45 or after 5:30 which doesn't work for all the county employees that work 8-5.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Oooh, that's an infuriating one. It's like the designers and engineers who came up with that nonsense have never turned a wrench in their lives. The designers are like "Make the car look like this." And the engineers are like "You got it. We'll do whatever it takes. Routine maintanence be damned!"

Bulbs, oil filters, air filters, spark plugs, etc. ALL should be easily accessible, but NOPE! Chrysler products are certainly some of the worst offenders, but these days seems that most manufacturers aren't far behind. That gap's definitely closed. Now that so many have even gone to non-serviceable, sealed transmissions with supposed "lifetime" (it's not) fluid, many of these aspects are worse than ever.
    Ha. Try owning a Mini. I was quoted twice 800 dollars to fix a broken windshield wiper motor. It was all labor. Thing is put together like a puzzle.

Fun car, though. Not for skiing.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Fun car, though. Not for skiing.
    I know you have that little Honda SUV now, but why wouldn’t a Clubman or Countryman with all wheel drive not be a decent ski car?
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    I know you have that little Honda SUV now, but why wouldn’t a Clubman or Countryman with all wheel drive not be a decent ski car?
    Because when the Texan in a rental Expedition slides into you, you die. If you were driving a regular sized automobile, you would have exchanged insurance and been on your way.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    They make no sense. Still small, but they bloat up the Mini and lengthen the wheelbase. Expensive, too, and still with the aforementioned maintenance issues. They're small BMWs, after all.
    I switched back over to a Subaru and now the HRV after that. Affordable ski machines. That car was a blast to drive, though. 2003S. Snow tires get you through winter easily.

minis fuckin' rally in the snow! when i was stationed in sicily, i used to drive mine up from sigonella to mt etna every weekend to ski. what fuckin' blast that thing was to drive. i was really bummed when the goddamn navy wouldn't let me bring it home with me.

the size difference between the original and the countryman is yudge. i can't believe that they would drive at all alike.

To steal a line from years ago, it annoys me that this forum goes down more often than a Mexican hooker.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    To steal a line from years ago, it annoys me that this forum goes down more often than a Mexican hooker.
    You should know.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    minis fuckin' rally in the snow! when i was stationed in sicily, i used to drive mine up from sigonella to mt etna every weekend to ski. what fuckin' blast that thing was to drive. i was really bummed when the goddamn navy wouldn't let me bring it home with me.

the size difference between the original and the countryman is yudge. i can't believe that they would drive at all alike.

Shoulda just mailed one piece home at a time.

Ha. I've been thinking lately of a line my buddy uses a lot, that this snow is more used up than a twenty dollar hooker.

Do tell about the $20 hooker, I am not knowledgeable.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    Original mini enthusiasts call the new ones "biggies".

apache tomcat server, what a hunk of junk.

been creating applications on microsoft's IIS for years, never a problem, always had decipherable error messages if you coded it right but not apache, error messages are of little help and applications take forever to get up and running with new versions; junk.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Do tell about the $20 hooker, I am not knowledgeable.
    Never been. His line.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Original mini enthusiasts call the new ones "biggies".
    stood right next to one of those old ones at a car show, I have no idea how someone drives them; i'm only 5-10 but I was not about to see how I fit in one; thing made an MGB look big.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    stood right next to one of those old ones at a car show, I have no idea how someone drives them; i'm only 5-10 but I was not about to see how I fit in one; thing made an MGB look big.
    If you ever get a chance to drive one, take it. I've got a fair amount of time behind the wheel of them, and while they seem comically small, they are actually pretty well laid out, and a blast to drive up to 60mph.

Quote Originally Posted by toast2266 View Post
    My business has been with the same regional bank for a while. I kinda liked supporting a smaller, local-ish bank. They used to be consistent and fine; we're mostly just using them for basic stuff - writing checks, etc. But now they fuck something up pretty much every month. This month, they deposited a check but made a mistake on the amount by $0.73. Took me for fucking ever to track down the mistake so I could get my books to balance. I should probably just pay a book keeper to do this shit.
    Write the .73 cents off to an over under account

Are you fucking crazy?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^^^ no shit. Don’t spend dollars to find pennies. Don’t you have a reconciliation discrepancy account?
    Last edited by Flyoverland Captive; 02-11-2020 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    If you ever get a chance to drive one, take it. I've got a fair amount of time behind the wheel of them, and while they seem comically small, they are actually pretty well laid out, and a blast to drive up to 60mph.
    This.

Real Minis rule.

In other news potholes suck.

Smashed through one this morning in wife's car.

Fuck!
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by SkiCougar View Post
    I'm 6'1" and was quite comfortable driving (real) minis.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Yeah, the original minis are small on the outside and big on the inside. The new ones are the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I'm 6'1" and was quite comfortable driving (real) minis.

Yeah, the original minis are small on the outside and big on the inside. The new ones are the opposite.
    This is basically what I was going to say. I was working in the UK with the sales manager who had a restored one and it was just a blast to drive in the Lake District. He was about 6’1” and I’m 6’3”. The doors are thiiiiiiiiin, and it’s as if you can reach out through the windows and touch the ground.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    Write the .73 cents off to an over under account

Are you fucking crazy?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Mostly needed to find the error so I could yell at the bank. They fuck things up every month, usually for much larger amounts.

Have since switched banks.

People who abuse dogs.

Name:  dog.jpg
Views: 1166
Size:  97.5 KB

If I were that poodle I would rip out the groomer's throat.
    (And the people who show the dogs--I guess they have look and dress plain so they don't detract from the dog but really? We have a friend who sometimes shows Bernese. She's a good looking woman for her age but she definitely plains herself down for the dog shows. She's a minister and she looks fancier when she goes to church than when she goes to the dog shows.)