Page 1353 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1348 1349 1350 1351 1352 1353 1354 1355 1356 1357 1358 ... LastLast
Results 33,801 to 33,825 of 46047
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Send an emoji like a thumbs up. That pretty much ends the convo IMO.
    This. Or a simple “ight” if you wanna be like us young folk.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    swing your fucking sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    But then avatar is wearing a skirt.
    Maybe he has a mangina like Old Greg?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    We love extra letters in French, especially silent ones, but here in the US people insist on pronouncing everything and it turns my extremely manly name into the lady version. It's a dude's name everywhere else it's used (Russia & Greece mostly).
    I've started signing all my emails Alexi(s), it avoids hilarious confusion the first time I actually pick up the phone when someone I've emailed with realize I'm a dude.

Which reminds me: butchering someone's name the 1st time you pronounce it is fine (and expected). The next 478 times after you've been corrected, it's heinously disrespectful. One of my coworkers just can't process the silent S and goes back and forth between Alex and Alexisssssss. His name's Paul, I called him Bob on a call the other day, he full-on shat himself in rage.
    Can we call you Lexi?

2 random things to add:

1) My Mom was one of the few waitresses in the Louis Restaurant in the Bronx (ney Old Luna). The crew came in to film the scene (Godfather) where he grabs the gun from the old toilet. She got paid $200 to not show up that night and was super psyched. I learned of the pull string toilets from that story;

2) A buddy shared this one to me yesterday. Touring as support for Andre the Giant. He would always rent 2 rooms next to each other. One to drink in, and the other to shit in the shower because he couldn't do the toilet thing.

True shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    qft

If I can see your nostrils you are not wearing your mask properly. This is a private business and I’ve already had your partner yell at me a tell me if he dies while exercising with a mask on he’ll sue a few months ago. So both of you dick nosing fucks are on my radar and I’m not in the fucking mood. “It is on properly.” The fuck it is you dumb bitch.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Mothers that self promote how awesome they are on Mother’s Day.

I need to vent:

Sense of taste gone, again. Ugh. Sucks so freakin' bad. I get to looking forward to my morning mocha and nothing. Might as well be drinking a cup of heated water. I've been to the ENT and he just says "episodic loss of taste doesn't usually happen." Really? Well it's happening and it sucks. On the up side it makes me lose all interest in eating so I don't snack.

/vent
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Those small stickers on fruit. Mostly apples.

What the fuck are they applied with, some kind of space adhesive they use on the ISS?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

What the fuck are they applied with, some kind of space adhesive they use on the ISS?
    I used to live with a guy who raged about these things on a weekly basis. One day he was in the middle of a rant and almost swallowed one he had somehow missed while cleaning an apple. To this day his reaction remains the most epic shit fit I've ever witnessed. It would have been funny had he not looked like he was about to give himself a stroke.

Working with a sociopath annoys me. Dude routinely yells at people on calls, rambles incoherently about irrelevant past experiences, and uses more idiomatics than a group of 30 old people taking about the good old days. We work primarily with people from India who have no idea what he's talking about in general, even more so when tells them that they gotta shoot from the hip and grab the bull by the horns. There's already a strange power dynamic at play so any perceived conflict is escalated to the highest level on their end. They're terrified of him and I'm pretty sure they report only 1/2 of what's going on as a result (only what works basically).
    Fucker got so heated up last night he hung up on them after screaming a bunch, leaving me to awkwardly finish the call while the poor saps on the other end acted like they were all going to lose their jobs. Management thinks it's funny and give no shits cause he supposedly gets the job done.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

I had one yesterday that peeled off as I was washing the apple, seemed like a win to me.

Fucker then stuck to a plate in the sink. Could not get it off, between the glue and some weird suction effect from the soapy water it might as well have been a permanent design on the plate.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostintime View Post
    Possible outcomes: 1) He's cool with abiding by the ordinance, you guys crack a beer, everything cool.
    2) He's a dick and thinks your an asshole.
    3) He eventually gets busted, thinks you are an asshole for ratting him out.
    4. No beer but I got a “you were right, I’m just wasting water. The wife wants hardscaping now.”

He was in touch with someone to do the project this fall. His people would like to get more neighbors involved (more business) and offered some sort of discount the more sign on. With the minimal grass we have out front here I may very well take him up on that.
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    I had one yesterday that peeled off as I was washing the apple, seemed like a win to me.

Fucker then stuck to a plate in the sink. Could not get it off, between the glue and some weird suction effect from the soapy water it might as well have been a permanent design on the plate.
    I find the damn things on the bottom of my shoes all the time. Beats dog shit I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    4. No beer but I got a “you were right, I’m just wasting water. The wife wants hardscaping now.”

He was in touch with someone to do the project this fall. His people would like to get more neighbors involved (more business) and offered some sort of discount the more sign on. With the minimal grass we have out front here I may very well take him up on that.
    Sounds like a win all around. Guess not everyone's an douche. Sounds like he may have been a little lost for a solution initially. Good for the wife for showing the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostintime View Post
    Sounds like a win all around. Guess not everyone's an douche. Sounds like he may have been a little lost for a solution initially. Good for the wife for showing the way.
    Everyone is satisfied with the outcome. Nice W for all. And yep, I think the wife was the key.

Galvanized iron pipes and old ass sprinkler heads. Busted out all the tools for a successful removal. Penetrating oil, fire and pipe wrenches. Not in that order. Fuckin piece of shit.
    Galvanized pipe in red circle for all you non gardening jong's.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210511_185851__01.jpeg 
Views:	106 
Size:	159.7 KB 
ID:	374285

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    That thread is a hotbed of lame ass suburbanites posting pics of vehicles that they don’t understand. Happy to be part of its downfall. Go ahead. Light it up with some pics of funny overlander vehicles. That would be awesome. Right now it is mostly mildly equipped off road vehicles on their way to do something fun and the photos were taken by dorks on their way to pick up some gluten free tampons from Whole Foods.

Plumbing. Plumbing *still* annoys the shit out of me.

Victory is mine.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210511_192243.jpeg 
Views:	194 
Size:	192.4 KB 
ID:	374288

sent from Utah.
    sigless.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    I used to live with a guy who raged about these things on a weekly basis.
    I worked with a girl who had a "thing" against them which apparently approached phobia levels. My habit was to peel stickers off and put them on my sandwich tupperware if I brought an apple, banana or whatever for lunch. I had quite the collection going when I worked with her for the first time on a particular client assignment. While I detected some dirty looks she didn't say anything for a few days. I guess finally she couldn't take it anymore and I was informed this had to stop, and I had to remove all the existing stickers. And not just put them in the garbage can in the corner, they had to go in one in another room where she wouldn't see it lol. So I started fucking with her and would hide the stickers in random places. That didn't go over well.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    I worked with a girl who had a "thing" against them which apparently approached phobia levels. My habit was to peel stickers off and put them on my sandwich tupperware if I brought an apple, banana or whatever for lunch. I had quite the collection going when I worked with her for the first time on a particular client assignment. While I detected some dirty looks she didn't say anything for a few days. I guess finally she couldn't take it anymore and I was informed this had to stop, and I had to remove all the existing stickers. And not just put them in the garbage can in the corner, they had to go in one in another room where she wouldn't see it lol. So I started fucking with her and would hide the stickers in random places. That didn't go over well.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    You remind of my friend--on a climbing trip in the Winds he smashed mosquitoes on the roof of the tent so that they stuck there. Or my three friends in college who had a large room on the top floor of the dorm that was infested with flies, which they smashed and left stuck on the ceiling.

When did everyone start using the term “boondocking”?

It’s fucking camping.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech Tonics View Post
    When did everyone start using the term “boondocking”?

It’s fucking camping.
    Haven't heard that term in 10 years. So fortunately people have stopped using it, at least where I hang out.