Page 1151 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 ... LastLast
Results 28,751 to 28,775 of 46041
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Obviously, the regulations trump all else, but after that it's engineers > designers > policy.
    Well.... sure. That’s something you have to design around, just like anything else.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    One of the many things I learned from Car Talk is that in 99% of cars, the fill tube is on the opposite side of the exhaust.
    Well.I'm fucked, Twin exhausts.

Me too. It’s weird having the fill tube at the front of the car.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Middle back - flip down license plate?

Somebody’s horse got tangled up in some fencing in the middle of my land (no clue how he got there). About 50’ of fence torn up, barbed wire all messed up. I thought it might have been one of the many mule deer who cross through here; but there’s horseshit amongst the carnage, and the fence has clearly been cut to free the animal. I don’t really give a shit about the fence; the fact that whoever cut it didn’t bother to come tell about it annoys me.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseknuckle View Post
    Middle back - flip down license plate?
    I had an old Buick when I was a kid with the flip down license plate. It was nice cause you could pull up to either side of the pump.

Careful, they might show up with a vet/euthanasia/burial/cremation bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    Somebody’s horse got tangled up in some fencing in the middle of my land (no clue how he got there). About 50’ of fence torn up, barbed wire all messed up. I thought it might have been one of the many mule deer who cross through here; but there’s horseshit amongst the carnage, and the fence has clearly been cut to free the animal. I don’t really give a shit about the fence; the fact that whoever cut it didn’t bother to come tell about it annoys me.
    Maybe they don't know the land is connected to your house? Also could be more concerned with getting the treatment for the horse and may come by later?

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Careful, they might show up with a vet/euthanasia/burial/cremation bill.
    As a life long horse person this idea would never have occurred to me and I doubt my horse friends consider it either.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

It’s only a hundred yards from my house, and right by my driveway. They knew it was my fence. I think I know who did it; I’ll give them a week before I ask.

It’s only a hundred yards from my house, and right by my driveway. They knew it was my fence. I think I know who did it; I’ll give them a week before I ask.
    LOL!!! Just thought... maybe a bit of karma for your wife's little incident the other day.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    LOL!!! Just thought... maybe a bit of karma for your wife's little incident the other day.
    Lol, that was the first thing she said when I told her about it. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    You'll still need to find the lever that opens the flap though..
    No shit. Car I'm currently renting (Chevy Cruze): went to fill up at Costco, it's super busy with lines for each pump so I'm trying to be fast, I briefly looked around and there's no lever, so I go out to the car, and it appears to need the lever to open it, go back in car, frantically look for lever,, don't find one, have to bust out the manual to figure it out. Turns out you have to push on the middle left side of the gas compartment to open it (kind of like cabinet doors that have no handle). What the fuck? I mean, I guess it's pretty easy if it's your car because you only need to figure it out once, but for a rental, a little help would have been nice!
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post

As a life long horse person this idea would never have occurred to me and I doubt my horse friends consider it either.
    Bless you KQ, you are a pure soul.
    And so are your friends.
    Stands to reason.

That would be more than annoying if that fence was keeping your own herd under control. Nothing like livestock running loose through a broken fence, causing mayhem on other's property, or on a highway.

Yeah, no shit. Luckily this fence wasn’t really used so no loss. Still, it’s annoying that now I have a neighbor who I think is an asshole. FFS, just knock on my door and tell me what happened. We’ll have a beer and discuss it.

We have DirecTV, which annoys me, but what really annoys me about it is the dvr. The hard drive on this thing runs constantly, and it's not quiet. It stops, starts, runs fast, runs slow, stops, starts all the damn time. And when it's quiet in the house and I'm in the same room, like now, it's all I can hear. wtf is it doing? we're not recording anything, the tv's off, I have no idea what it's doing. annoying.

Don't those things secretly record video and audio of you and send it back to the motherland?

I do wonder. It's grinding away right now. I wouldn't think footage of a guy sitting with a computer on his lap would be worth much but maybe I'm naive.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I do wonder. It's grinding away right now. I wouldn't think footage of a guy sitting with a computer on his lap would be worth much but maybe I'm naive.
    Put some clothes on FFS! Then it will stop recording.

It seems like some piddly little problem always turns what you think is a routine DIY project into an all-day affair. My kitchen faucet is leaking, so I was going to replace the cartridge. Seems simple enough, but I can't get the fucking handle off. It's held on by a 3/32" hex screw (which is ridiculously small) and it just wouldn't budge. Now I think the screw is totally stripped. What a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    It seems like some piddly little problem always turns what you think is a routine DIY project into an all-day affair.
    Ha! Never fails, huh? Wife's always like "How long do you think that might take?" I'm always WAY over-confident and am like "Psh. Prolly like 5 minutes." ...a day later I'm still messing around with the project that got WAY more involved that I had anticipated.

The thing that annoys me the most is that I never seem to freaking learn and continue to be over-confident about whatever DIY task is at hand.

The corollary to this is you will never buy every part you need on the first trip to Home Depot. If you can get away with just two trips you're lucky.

No overconfidence in my game. I am the king of suck at DIY, but have been able to do some things with the help of youtube.

I stripped the ratty stair runners a couple of weeks ago and ordered another that will be cut for 2 sets of stairs, How hard can it be to staple the stair runners on? I got longer staples for the gun at HD and a good utility knife to make the cut. Get home and the 9/16 staples are too short to hold the runner which is pretty thick. Go back to HD and get the longest staples they have that you have to hammer in. My success rate on getting these staples in is ~ 10%. It would be so easy if the damned staple gun staples did the job.

I contacted my buddy who used to do installs for advice and he is going to drop off a commercial staple gun when he is in the area this week, so it should be a piece of cake from there. He said the staples were actually too wide, which makes no sense to me.

The corollary to this is you will never buy every part you need on the first trip to Home Depot. If you can get away with just two trips you're lucky.

Try living 117mi away over 3 mountain passes from the Home Depot...Or the only auto parts store or electrical supply that has the shit you need... "...Goddammit!" -- Eric Cartman

It seems like some piddly little problem always turns what you think is a routine DIY project into an all-day affair. My kitchen faucet is leaking, so I was going to replace the cartridge. Seems simple enough, but I can't get the fucking handle off. It's held on by a 3/32" hex screw (which is ridiculously small) and it just wouldn't budge. Now I think the screw is totally stripped. What a pain in the ass.
    Wife asked me to help fix the dryer yesterday. Of course I immediately dropped a pencil in it and couldn't get it out without tearing the whole thing apart. Hour later, after talking to customer service, come to find out that the child lock was on and that was all that was wrong with it. Ugh!