Page 1400 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1395 1396 1397 1398 1399 1400 1401 1402 1403 1404 1405 ... LastLast
Results 34,976 to 35,000 of 46041
    Private Party Sellers on Autotrader that do not respond. Must be a scam, I just do not understand what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Quote Originally Posted by stealurface831 View Post
    yeah, i know there is some dispute. since i started using my cpap, i haven't been able to tell much of a difference in quality of sleep. i still wake up feeling tired and that tiredness persists throughout the day. but it really helps with my snoring (or so i am told) and since i am about to be living with a roommate, i can't afford to not use it.
    Roommate or bedmate?

IMO if they're in a different room, fuck 'em. Get a sound machine if it bugs you.

If a bedmate, that's a whole different story.

How's the drinking going? After years of complaints about my sleep and requests for a study/machine I realized that cutting out booze immediately fixed the problem.

YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Since my divorce, we’ve had a shared custody arrangement with my 2 dogs. Basically, they follow the kids. This has been good for the kids (I think) and until a few weeks ago I didn’t have anything in the way of a yard, so it was good for them to have a chance to spend time with her (still tiny) yard. She’s tried from the beginning to axe this arrangement and have the dogs live with me, which I resisted on account of the yard, mostly just by not agreeing to it and pointing out my lack of yard situation.

She doesn’t take good care of them, doesn’t particularly like them, and doesn’t even contain them in her yard - the invisible fence broke about a year after I moved out and she hasn’t managed to fix it. Every 6 to 10 months there’s some incident that results in her trying to strong arm the dogs into my sole custody. She long ago stopped participating with vet appointments and the bills that come out of them.

Fast forward to now - I have 8 acres outside of town, no visible neighbors, and a working pet containment system. Figured I’d wait until the next “event” and jump on it. Happened pretty much immediately a couple weeks ago with a story about my one dog biting a young child. I don’t know the details and the whole thing is so out of character for the dog that I’m pretty skeptical about what happened. Be that as it may, she says the dogs need to live with me now and I say “sure!”

Then I get a phone call from her boyfriend about how maybe we just need to manage the whole thing, and if they have stuff going on or visitors or need to be out of town the dogs stay with me, but if they don’t then the dogs can come along with the kids. This doesn’t feel like how dogs work…. They aren’t a timeshare, subject to your convenience, but…again, I say “sure!” They say they’ll still keep the dogs for an upcoming out of town trip/mini vacation that I was taking the kids and my girlfriend on this past weekend.

Apparently, the dogs got into her garbage a couple times, and then one of my dogs (the other one) bit her and growled and snarled at her boyfriend when she pushed him off the couch and then crouched down at eye level to yell at him. This dog IS challenging, especially with other dogs, though I’ve NEVER seen him act aggressively toward a human. He’s also very much my dog…he listens to others, but not 100% - though on reflection he listens to my girlfriend pretty reliably. He had some separation anxiety issues that were only resolved by getting the second dog. He’s since, after a lot of patience and effort, mostly accepted my girlfriend’s dog into his pack.

I wasn’t there, and don’t know the whole story, but when she told me about it I told her it probably makes sense for the dogs to be with me for a while, at least; let things calm down, see if there’s something going on with the dog (any hint of aggression), etc. No, now she just wants the one dog, at her convenience - the one who “bit a kid.” I guess now it wasn’t really a bite; she was just herding the kid and didn’t break the skin, leave a mark, or seem aggressive. I told her no. Now she’s waging a campaign through the kids.

Annoying as shit.

TL;DR: My ex wife is annoying, per expectation.
    Dude the Tammy Wynette thread is down there --->

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Central or obstructive? If it's OSA you need to read this book: https://www.amazon.com/Breath-New-Sc.../dp/0735213615
    Would 100% recommend to anyone with lungs. Just the physiognomy of how our heads are shaped is pretty fascinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    As my uncle always said

“Never trust a fart”

I’m annoyed.
    But freshly showered now
    You shat yourself. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    You shat yourself. Nice.
    Well. This is the shit that annoys you thread.

Fortunately it was only a wet fart. And not a blowout.
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    You shat yourself. Nice.
    He's been shitting all over this forum for a while. About time he shat himself.

When Brits say “inverted comas” instead of “quote”.
    I usually dig Britishisms, but Fuck off ya Limey Bastard.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    When Brits say “inverted comas” instead of “quote”.
    I usually dig Britishisms, but Fuck off ya Limey Bastard.

the second-best spelling error today at trg.

all comas should absolutely be experienced upright.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    Roommate or bedmate?

IMO if they're in a different room, fuck 'em. Get a sound machine if it bugs you.

If a bedmate, that's a whole different story.

How's the drinking going? After years of complaints about my sleep and requests for a study/machine I realized that cutting out booze immediately fixed the problem.

YRMV
    roommate but within the confines of a dorm room. so i can't be honkin for their sake.

on the drinking front, i slipped up about a month and a half ago for one night. realized the next morning that alcohol had lost its allure and i really haven't thought about it that much since.

sleep and alcohol has always been a fickle thing for me. when i would get really good and proper drunk, i would typically fall asleep easily and stay asleep but snore incredibly loudly. when i got anything less than plastered though, it would just exacerbate my restless leg and make trying to sleep excruciating.
    swing your fucking sword.

Shit that annoys you

Edit:Gif fail

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    roommate but within the confines of a dorm room. so i can't be honkin for their sake.

on the drinking front, i slipped up about a month and a half ago for one night. realized the next morning that alcohol had lost its allure and i really haven't thought about it that much since.

sleep and alcohol has always been a fickle thing for me. when i would get really good and proper drunk, i would typically fall asleep easily and stay asleep but snore incredibly loudly. when i got anything less than plastered though, it would just exacerbate my restless leg and make trying to sleep excruciating.
    Good for you for realizing that one slip up doesn't make or break you. I like the quote, no matter how far down the road you are, you're never any farther from the ditch. It's one thing to realize that drunk is not who you are, but it's another thing to know that you've been there and you're not going back.

Magnesium and proper hydration has helped my RLS immensely, almost to the point where my wife can sleep through the night. At least it doesn't wake me up anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    "Breath" seems applicable to a wider audience than just apnea sufferers, I just bought it, thanks.
    Definitely. I'd rank right up there with Why We Sleep as one the most important books people should read if they want to make an immediate improvement in their health. You'll never think about the term "mouth breather" the same way again.

Went online to buy my campus parking permit last week. The permit for lots near dorms had sold out within 18 hours. The only other permit available is for a lot a mile away. I must now walk a mile to get to my car.

Went online to buy my campus parking permit last week. The permit for lots near dorms had sold out within 18 hours. The only other permit available is for a lot a mile away. I must now walk a mile to get to my car.

I kid... I kid!

That happened to me freshman year (in a much more urban campus, and it sold out before I could even log in - basically dial-up era). Don’t sweat it though, it works out.

For me, walking to my car one night I ran into a dude on that long freezing cold walk to the garage and he asks for a light. I say sure and hand it to him. He pulls out this big Bob Marley joint and says you wanna get high? Being 18 and freezing fucking cold and still a half mile from my car I say sure. He and I end up walking the rest of the way, only idiots dumb enough to be on the streets that night just smokin and shooting the breeze.

Fast forward, dude’s a skier, dating a chick in the same sorority as my then-girlfriend. He ends up being a weekday ski bud and years later is now my client after taking over his dad’s business.

Moral of the story? Bring a lighter when you hike your ass off to get your frozen car this next year.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    That happened to me freshman year (in a much more urban campus, and it sold out before I could even log in - basically dial-up era). Don’t sweat it though, it works out.

For me, walking to my car one night I ran into a dude on that long freezing cold walk to the garage and he asks for a light. I say sure and hand it to him. He pulls out this big Bob Marley joint and says you wanna get high? Being 18 and freezing fucking cold and still a half mile from my car I say sure. He and I end up walking the rest of the way, only idiots dumb enough to be on the streets that night just smokin and shooting the breeze.

Fast forward, dude’s a skier, dating a chick in the same sorority as my then-girlfriend. He ends up being a weekday ski bud and years later is now my client after taking over his dad’s business.

Moral of the story? Bring a lighter when you hike your ass off to get your frozen car this next year.
    i think the moral of the story is to take over your dad's business. that is kinda the moral of the story to life, isn't it?

Three and a half hours on hold with Fidelity today, and I never got a human. I was able to keep working, but I had to listen to the same shitty lite jazz song the entire time.

i think the moral of the story is to take over your dad's business. that is kinda the moral of the story to life, isn't it?
    Clearly.

Wise beyond his years; attaboy!

I must now walk a mile to get to my car.
    No, now you must just find a girlfriend with a car in the close lot.

Plane lands. We get within ten feet of the gate. Pilot comes over PA system to say that lightning has been detected within 20 miles and the gate attendant cannot operate the gate until 10 minutes passes without a lightning strike. That was 30 mins ago. We are now in the midst of an electrical storm.

good to know you’re safe

are you old enough to fly on your own?

did they assign you your own personal flight attendant?

you might get a lollipop if you’re good
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Plane lands. We get within ten feet of the gate. Pilot comes over PA system to say that lightning has been detected within 20 miles and the gate attendant cannot operate the gate until 10 minutes passes without a lightning strike. That was 30 mins ago. We are now in the midst of an electrical storm.

There's a detection system called a Thor Guard that measures electrical potential in the air. When it reaches a certain value, all of the ground staff go inside. The pilots can't do shit about it. (except explaining it better)

^^^^ Thor Guard
    That’s fkna awesome
    . . .