Page 1048 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 ... LastLast
Results 26,176 to 26,200 of 46293
    Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    I don’t get any pain, just the visual aura; a cocktail soothes me while I watch the fireworks.

I pity you poor bastards who get the full pain experience.
    Once the aura starts I have 20 minutes before the world explodes. I use those 20 minutes to take Exederin and get my eyes closed in a pitch dark room. If I can get to sleep first it isn't as bad. The aura gets so bad I become effectively blind half the time.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Once the aura starts I have 20 minutes before the world explodes. I use those 20 minutes to take Exederin and get my eyes closed in a pitch dark room. If I can get to sleep first it isn't as bad. The aura gets so bad I become effectively blind half the time.
    Fuck, man; vibes. I count myself lucky; I’ve had only a handful of headaches in 53 years, while having hundreds of migraines. And I’m functionally blind for most of the attack; no way I can drive or read.

If you haven’t yet, read “Migraine” by Oliver Sachs. Best book on the condition I’ve found.

You might try your hand at Everest.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromontane View Post
    Too much sun or too long a hike are my triggers.
    I used to think that but found that lots of water and food can lessen the frequency.

I ended up in an ICU once with the surgeons sharpening their scalpels for exploratory surgery since they thought I'd had some aneurism. That day I thought I was dying and found myself grateful that I had had the life I did.

That was the most painful experience I've ever had, so now when the signs start, limited vision, funny headache, I head for the cool and dark.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by glademaster View Post
    thanks,.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A3BD410C-8AAB-40FF-AFBC-AAFD5FEFDB3A.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	366.9 KB 
ID:	284140

Too much sun or too long a hike are my triggers.
    That’s dehydration, my trigger. If I slam a full nalgene when the aura starts, I can sometimes stop the attack. I drink a LOT of water. It helps.

Cooking with jalapeño and getting it in every cut and gash. Gunna be feelin the burn for the next 5 days.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Shit that annoys you

About once a month, my two girls (who currently share a room) both are in the mood to fuck with each other long after bedtime. I get alternating reports of M making weird noises.... and then of A turning the lights on and off, and then M going “honk honk....honk honk....” in a whisper, and then A pretending to be a monster in the closet, and then.....

Tonight is one of those nights.

Breathe........
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    About once a month, my two girls (who currently share a room) both are in the mood to fuck with each other long after bedtime. I get alternating reports of M making weird noises.... and then of A turning the lights on and off, and then M going “honk honk....honk honk....” in a whisper, and then A pretending to be a monster in the closet, and then.....

Tonight is one of those nights.

Breathe........
    Play their game. Go in with a chair and camp out. See if you can be more obnoxious than they can. It probably won't work, but it will be hilarious.

Alrighty then; My "migraine-like" headaches really aren't that close to true migraines. Couple of times it's progressed to vomiting and the Hershey squirts, but relatively quick to resolve. Never visuals. Suspect it's cervical spine related.

Play their game. Go in with a chair and camp out. See if you can be more obnoxious than they can. It probably won't work, but it will be hilarious.
    For you, maybe. I have shit to do and sleep to sleep.

I’ve tried that kind of shit when I have less going on. Maybe short term entertaining, but long term I’m not sure it effectively reinforces the behaviors I’m going for.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    For you, maybe. I have shit to do and sleep to sleep.

I’ve tried that kind of shit when I have less going on. Maybe short term entertaining, but long term I’m not sure it effectively reinforces the behaviors I’m going for.
    Couldn't agree more.

Couldn't agree more.

Hipsters--California style
    Name:  hipster.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  38.4 KB

I'm annoyed that I have to hide the fact that I'm actively searching for a new job while in a performance review. I would much rather tell them don't bother setting bullshit goals for me I'm fucking leaving.

Lowe's.

I suppose that should be obvious, but shitty customer service. Ordered some tile for pickup at a store that supposedly had hundreds more than I needed. The tile were apparently vaporware at that store, so they transferred my order to a different store (without asking me or telling me), and sent an email saying "your tile is ready for pickup". When I discovered that it was a different store (thankfully noticed the different location on the email and didn't discover it by driving there) and called them, was told "sorry we did that, but we can't help you in any way".
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    I'm annoyed that I have to hide the fact that I'm actively searching for a new job while in a performance review. I would much rather tell them don't bother setting bullshit goals for me I'm fucking leaving.
    Performance "goals" are part of what's wrong with society. The whole charade. Fuck it all.

Performance "goals" are part of what's wrong with society. The whole charade. Fuck it all.
    This is what I've basically told my last *4* bosses. I've also made it clear that I'm not going to spend much time on filling out the goal-horseshit stuff.

I mean, fuck - I don't have any work goals other than to get out of the fucking rat-race as soon as is economically feasible. And that sort of goal, written down, looks... kinda bad.

Quote Originally Posted by snoqpass View Post
    When your dog is the prime suspect in the case of your friends kids missing hamster
    Attachment 283563
    It's the wild squid that got the hamster...there's a tentacle bottom of the photo...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    This is what I've basically told my last *4* bosses. I've also made it clear that I'm not going to spend much time on filling out the goal-horseshit stuff.

I mean, fuck - I don't have any work goals other than to get out of the fucking rat-race as soon as is economically feasible. And that sort of goal, written down, looks... kinda bad.

I'm right there with you. I have had 7 bosses in the last 13 years. My new boss just told me yesterday he wants me to fill out my goals for my performance review (here that's usually the bosses job). I haven't had a review in 6 years. My goals are the same as yours- to get the fuck out of here as soon as economically possible- shit maybe even before that.

He also told me, "I like to start at 'Needs Improvement' and go up from there." The fuck? You've been here 5 months, you have no fucking clue what I do and you're going to start at 'Needs Improvement'? I guarantee you, if I get an eval with all areas marked 'Needs Improvement', I ain't signing that motherfucker.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post

My resume:

Uncooperative, does not work well in groups, and has zero team spirit.
    Intolerant of other people's mistakes.
    Has no interest in co-workers lives.
    Will not work overtime, if someone else's fuck-up caused a delay.
    Will not participate in "team building" bullshit.
    Does not answer the phone; email if you want something. And make it short - get to the point or I will ignore you.

You pay me to get things done; that's all I will do.
    But I will get as much shit done as five of your other employees combined, as long as you all LEAVE ME ALONE TO DO THE WORK.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    My resume:

Uncooperative, does not work well in groups, and has zero team spirit.
    Intolerant of other people's mistakes.
    Has no interest in co-workers lives.
    Will not work overtime, if someone else's fuck-up caused a delay.
    Will not participate in "team building" bullshit.
    Does not answer the phone; email if you want something. And make it short - get to the point or I will ignore you.

You pay me to get things done; that's all I will do.
    But I will get as much shit done as five of your other employees combined, as long as you all LEAVE ME ALONE TO DO THE WORK.

“needs improvement”

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    “needs improvement”
    "posts thousands of messages to random message boards while on the clock"

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    <snip>
    He also told me, "I like to start at 'Needs Improvement' and go up from there." The fuck? You've been here 5 months, you have no fucking clue what I do and you're going to start at 'Needs Improvement'? I guarantee you, if I get an eval with all areas marked 'Needs Improvement', I ain't signing that motherfucker.
    I received "Does not meet expectations" in one category (fuck if I can remember which one) at my last job's mid-year review. To which, I told my boss in the review meeting, "That's fair - 'cause I have NO idea what the expectations are."

I had a new job in ~3 months.

Quote Originally Posted by muted View Post
    "posts thousands of messages to random message boards while on the clock"
    Nothing at all random about the ONE FIRUM TO RULE THEM ALL!!!