Page 520 of 1850 FirstFirst ... 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 ... LastLast
Results 12,976 to 13,000 of 46232
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    And I get shit for the phrase "built like a brick shithouse".
    Arlo Guthrie then
    Attachment 209593
    Now
    Attachment 209594
    Average TGR member when Alice's Restaurant came out
    Attachment 209595
    Yeah but does Alice's Restaurant sous vide their steaks?

If that's what you want...
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Man, touched a nerve with the flip-flop thing. Do what you want in the comfort of your own home, but face it, there's a time and place for closed-toed shoes, and I assert that time and place is any time you leave home (unless of course you are in some beach-centric vacation).

Case in point; remember Reed Timmer from the Storm Chasers show? Dude would cruise around in a semi-tank, looking for carnage inducing hurricanes to park his rig in...in flip flops! Sure enough, he rolls up onto the scene of the aftermath of a big twister where he now has to render aid. Nothing but broken glass and twisted metal as far as the eye can see, he's rocking flip flops. They didn't show the trail of blood he left behind, but there is no way he leaves that scene without at least one cut needing stitches. Plus how effective could he be rendering aid if he's worried about lacerating his toes?

^^^ I wear my flippies all summer, just about everywhere. Funny, I've never found myself in the aftermath of a big twister, needing stitches later. Ymmv.

There used to be a neighborhood dog that was pretty aggressive (some kind of mutt, not huge - maybe 65 lbs), but it was usually chained up. We were walking past with our dogs leashed, but the owner was outside and his dog was loose and started approaching us. I yelled to the owner if the dog came at us, it was getting punted into next week... The owner kind of shrugged like "what am I supposed to do about it?"... As we're about half way past the guy's property the dog charges us - me, the wife, kid, our two dogs... I screamed at the dog, but he kept coming... I took about 5 steps toward the dog and kicked it in the chest hard enough to put it about 4' in the air. The dog seriously didn't dig it. All of a sudden, then the owner was concerned. Fucking cocksuckers... We should just legalize minor assault and let people sort this shit out themselves. The dude was the one who needed the foot to the chest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Conway View Post
    Hugh Conway sucks
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    I guess stfu might be right about steel toed boots
    Quote Originally Posted by pedoherp69 View Post
    I know actual transpeople.
    Quote Originally Posted by rokjoxx View Post
    We is got a good military, maybe cause some kids get to shooting sports early here.

People who don't use apt analogies.

Amazon friggin Prime order Saturday - delivery Tuesday night at 6:30 pm. I'm not good at the maths much but howzat 2 days? No problem for flip flops and sous vide but sucks when you're waiting for car parts.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    We are both about 45 minutes in opposite directions from our respective hometowns here in VT. And as close as we need to be. Funnily enough, I now live within stone throwing distance of where I was born which is closer than when I was growing up. Of course I'd love to go live where my wife lived until she was 7 yo. However, I would need to be independently wealthy to move to Montreal these days. And being able to speak French would be nice.
    45 minutes would be a good balance, but with both families from Buffalo, it's far from ideal.
    I expect this conversation anytime we go back to our hometown, I can set my watch to it.
    The annoying part is that it isn't based in facts or potential personal, professional or financial improvements. It's based on some rose colored nostalgia of years past that doesn't exist anymore.

That's why you marry a girl who is from somewhere you want to live. Problem solved.

Rats, why didn't I think of that?
    At least the chicken wings are good.

Quote Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
    Amazon friggin Prime order Saturday - delivery Tuesday night at 6:30 pm. I'm not good at the maths much but howzat 2 days? No problem for flip flops and sous vide but sucks when you're waiting for car parts.
    Because Sunday doesn't count?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

NYT article on flip flops at work: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/19/n...onvention.html

No way in hell there is a real man named Slade Downs who is 23 and uses the word naïveté in a sentence.

I think the idea of touchless faucets and paper towel dispensers in restrooms is good, but it seems like a fair percentage of the time I'm waving my hands in front of the sensor and nothing happens. Maybe I have stealth hands or something.

Quote Originally Posted by stfu&gbtw View Post
    We should just legalize minor assault and let people sort this shit out themselves.
    I agree, but the problem with this is when the person delivering the beat down doesn't have enough restraint to stop before permanently damaging the other person.

When you have to wake up before 4 so you can catch your flight that leaves at 6 and then when you arrive at the airport you find out the flights been delayed a couple of hours. As result I miss my next flight and then the one they rebooked me on is delayed for a couple of hours.

People who can't understand that you can enter through a revolving door at the same time someone is exiting through the revolving door. Savages.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

Quote Originally Posted by Jong Lafitte View Post
    People who can't understand that you can enter through a revolving door at the same time someone is exiting through the revolving door. Savages.
    How DO they work???
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    How DO they work???
    Magnets. It's gotta be magnets.

Websites that don't respond to a "back" click. So annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Phildo_Baggins View Post
    NYT article on flip flops at work: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/19/n...onvention.html

No way in hell there is a real man named Slade Downs who is 23 and uses the word naïveté in a sentence.
    i learned the phrase "toe cleavage" in a lawyer office attire thread somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I think the idea of touchless faucets and paper towel dispensers in restrooms is good, but it seems like a fair percentage of the time I'm waving my hands in front of the sensor and nothing happens. Maybe I have stealth hands or something.
    Is your name Gloria Burgle. Do you have problems with automatic door openers too?

Quote Originally Posted by boarddad View Post
    Man, touched a nerve with the flip-flop thing. Do what you want in the comfort of your own home, but face it, there's a time and place for closed-toed shoes, and I assert that time and place is any time you leave home (unless of course you are in some beach-centric vacation).

Case in point; remember Reed Timmer from the Storm Chasers show? Dude would cruise around in a semi-tank, looking for carnage inducing hurricanes to park his rig in...in flip flops! Sure enough, he rolls up onto the scene of the aftermath of a big twister where he now has to render aid. Nothing but broken glass and twisted metal as far as the eye can see, he's rocking flip flops. They didn't show the trail of blood he left behind, but there is no way he leaves that scene without at least one cut needing stitches. Plus how effective could he be rendering aid if he's worried about lacerating his toes?
    I always wonder about stuff like this when I see news reports of tornado aftermath with people walking all over torn up homes. You just know there are nails sticking up all over the place and yet they are crawling around all over the place with wholly inappropriate footwear.

Saw an interview with Toby Keith once after a tornado ripped through his town and he bragged about how his son was right there helping and how great the emergency personnel were \why they even patched up his son who had managed to hurt his foot when he stepped on a nail. Toby was so proud of his son's efforts - had a huge grin on his face and a puffed up chest. Great. That's what I call "helping". Rush in and get yourself injured so you can divert emergency services to your stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    ^^^ I wear my flippies all summer, just about everywhere. Funny, I've never found myself in the aftermath of a big twister, needing stitches later. Ymmv.
    and what about us women who wear open toed shoes that are non-flip flops?

I'm not a flip-flop wearer (they say they are dangerous to drive in) because I need a little more on my feet esp when it's cold but I know a lot of people who wear them in the dead of winter. Rusty Nails for example.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Man, I guess there's a shit stained lining on every cloud. Even flip flops and volunteers can't catch a break around this place.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Man, I guess there's a shit stained lining on every cloud. Even flip flops and volunteers can't catch a break around this place.
    He didn't volunteer officially he just drove to a spot and rushed in on his own without proper preparation. As the flight attendants say "secure your own mask before securing your childs". If you aren't able to breath (or have proper shoes, gloves, whatever) you can't help others and you become a liability rather than an asset adding to the problem. Pretty simple.

You know what they say about fools rushing in......
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

I never considered the tornado angle. I'll never wear flip-flops again!