Page 1306 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1301 1302 1303 1304 1305 1306 1307 1308 1309 1310 1311 ... LastLast
Results 32,626 to 32,650 of 46278
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I assume you've tried lock deicer?
    I’m annoyed but....haven’t gotten enraged enough to try the above mentioned “de-icing” methods...lol. Thanks though if I need to go that route.

Supposed to be 40* tomorrow...so hoping sun factor will get er dun’....lol.

I know those OR Ubertubes are in there!!

A cup of hot water works pretty well, too, though if you don’t have a warm up coming you just make it worse for next time, or at least not better.

Easier to manage than a butane torch or even lock de-icer.
    focus.

If you can get the key in the lock, but just can't turn it - put the key in and heat the exposed part with a lighter.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    50’s era sub slab radiant pipe burst yesterday
    minor flooding, carpet soaked...don’t know yet what the fix is so I’m dreading the discovery process when the non-emergency heating guy shows up tomorrow to assess [hazmat? Discovery of galv piping? Assessment of efficacy of the entire basement loop?]

this was not a completely unexpected event in a certain sense, given the house’s age, but it’s def a bummer

If you lived in the Southern Hemisphere, this would be a good time to dig into that.

Not to snipe, but any specifics on what may have precipitated the radiant floor heat pipe burst?

Just finished up connecting some new subfloor radiant heat controls and have been facing down some radical cast iron fire suppression pipe failures in the attics, so curious generally on a couple levels. Keep us in the loop so to speak.

Shit that annoys you

*Update....WD40 and sunlight has got the mailbox key debacle unfrozen....lol. “It’s like buttah” now......smooove...

Thanks for the suggestions...

Skied Moment C98’s today.....that was definitely not annoying. (quick review in Moment thread)

Sirens. Give me all the cabs and pissed off drivers honking their horns all day long but fuck the sirens. It's like every firefighter, first responder, and cop has a finger hovering over the siren switch and can't wait to hit it. And then drives a 3 MPH parade lap after they do.

Replace that with train horns and that's me.

When I first moved to SD I lived in a condo tower downtown 2 blocks from the train tracks. Every night between 2-3am a big freight train would roll through blowing its horn. Between federal regs and the engineer unions contract there was a minimum and maximum number of horn blows permitted. With crossings every block downtown there were many complaints to the city, county, transit district, rail company, DOT, etc. This must have escalated at some point and pushed the wrong buttons because after that the engineers started blowing the horn the maximum number of times allowed at every crossing. It got to the point people downtown were so irate some locals tried to board the train one time to go after the engineer. We got a downtown quiet zone a few years after that. I still hear train horns occasionally way out here in OB/Pt Loma.

Quote Originally Posted by martinmalk View Post
    voicemails containing zero useful information (95% of all voicemails)
    Yeah in this day and age, if you’re under the age of 70, just don’t.

A friend who works in IT-

“I check my email at least hourly while awake, I check my texts a few times a day, I’ve never checked my voicemail. “
    There's nothing better than sliding down snow, and flying through the air

Oncoming traffic, winter driving on two lane mountain roads. Why do so many people drive on the center line, or so damn close that their side mirror is right up against the double yellow? Move the fuck over into your own lane.

There are times when I turn on the offensively bright LED light bar just to get oncoming drivers to move away.
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Oncoming traffic, winter driving on two lane mountain roads. Why do so many people drive on the center line, or so damn close that their side mirror is right up against the double yellow? Move the fuck over into your own lane.

There are times when I turn on the offensively bright LED light bar just to get oncoming drivers to move away.
    Around here drivers are 1'-3' over the center line on every lefthand curve when the roads are damp or covered with any amount of snow.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Replace that with train horns and that's me.
    First thing I remember knowing . . .

Cop pulled me over yesterday for not turning off my high beams early enough.
    Maybe I waited a little longer than normal, but anyway...car is coming at me, I hit the dimmer switch, car passes. I see in the rear view that the guy makes a U-turn so I know it’s a cop.
    He didn’t give me a ticket I think he was just bored.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Maybe I waited a little longer than normal, but anyway...car is coming at me, I hit the dimmer switch, car passes. I see in the rear view that the guy makes a U-turn so I know it’s a cop.
    Probably looking for an easy DUI score.

Shit that annoys you

Prolly.
    My daughter was cracking up because this was in our 2005 Honda Odyssey where the plastic on the headlights is completely cloudy, so if I would’ve left my highbeams on he probably never would’ve noticed.
    Still annoying.

where the plastic on the headlights is completely cloudy
    you know that is a really easy fix, right?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I'm annoyed that my high beams turn off automatically when another car is coming (also when they reflect off street signs or there is a bright street light etc) so I can't annoy people who refuse to turn off theirs by turning mine back on too soon. There's probably a way to disable that feature buried in the owner's manual, which I'll read after I finish War and Peace. Also annoying--I can't turn off the radio, turn it down, or change the station while backing out of the garage. My wife says I should get it fixed--she refuses to believe that recent year Suby's do that. Maybe there's a fix for that in the manual, which I'll read after I finish the Koran in Arabic.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    you know that is a really easy fix, right?
    i just this AM bought some PlastX and some Nu-Finish. lasts for 4-6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post

While not 100% effective, I've noticed this happening less once those centerline and median lines rumble strips became commonplace. But ya, hogging the cleared centre of the road on narrow highway is a recipe for disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Choss Jonger, Sr. View Post
    Not to snipe, but any specifics on what may have precipitated the radiant floor heat pipe burst?
    age & poor material decisions -- galv piping
    [& "burst" is maybe a little aggressive...I should have characterized more like "leak" but anyway...]

Quote Originally Posted by Choss Jonger, Sr. View Post
    Just finished up connecting some new subfloor radiant heat controls and have been facing down some radical cast iron fire suppression pipe failures in the attics, so curious generally on a couple levels. Keep us in the loop so to speak.
    pro advice was to abandon floor loop in bsmt & pipe via clg to modern wall radiators for room heat

Also, we have a combo of new/old radiant floor & OG cast iron baseboard wall radiators & apparently the boiler is set up to run the floors so the wall units are sub-optimal currently (140 boiler temp vs 180 boiler temp for old cast iron baseboard rads)...the proposed solution is to run it higher & use mixing valves to get the floors to the correct lower temp. I have questions about this proposal so not sure what we're going to do yet...

Also annoying--I can't turn off the radio, turn it down, or change the station while backing out of the garage. My wife says I should get it fixed--she refuses to believe that recent year Suby's do that. Maybe there's a fix for that in the manual, which I'll read after I finish the Koran in Arabic.
    This annoys me daily with my Forester and there is no fix. If the backup camera is rolling the radio is in its own independant little bubble. I guess I could back into the driveway when I get home but that would present its own set of annoyances...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by ntblanks View Post
    i just this AM bought some PlastX and some Nu-Finish. lasts for 4-6 months.
    I did the same on my (since sold), ‘98 Audi with two different versions, rain X and something else, and it doesn’t work really well and doesn’t last. I think this is a better option:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4330.JPG 
Views:	83 
Size:	668.3 KB 
ID:	355379
    Nonetheless there is not a single quarter panel on this car that isn’t dented, it’s held together w/zipties and bailing wire, the slidingdoors barely work, (and I ordered the parts for those & have to install them), etc. etc. The engine works perfectly and I maintain that impeccably. I really don’t want to spend any money on it it. It takes two trips out of the valley a year, otherwise it’s our valley trailhead car.

Also annoying--I can't turn off the radio, turn it down, or change the station while backing out of the garage. My wife says I should get it fixed--she refuses to believe that recent year Suby's do that.
    There is no fix for that, and don't get me started about Subaru's Starfire or whatever the fuck it is, the infotainment software. My petty gripe (in addition to the one you mentioned): USB stick with music on it, and it needs to spend 2 minutes re-indexing the whole thing every time the car is restarted (it remembers the song previously being played, at least, which means that it should be able to very quickly determine if I switched to a different stick while the car was off).

As for fixes, I had the software re-flashed at the dealer recently, which improved some things (it no longer waits until you turn on the stereo to index the USB stick, AND indexing doesn't sometimes fail to occur entirely). However, for the first week or so after the reflash, some electric window functions weren't working properly (amusingly, the car healed itself), and even still the colored line guides on the backup camera are now random squiggles instead of being where they're supposed to.