Page 989 of 1849 FirstFirst ... 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 ... LastLast
Results 24,701 to 24,725 of 46225
    It felt like a broadcast of the precipice of a mid life crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by Obstruction View Post
    I’m w/ Trooper Lewis on this one (even if he can’t spell brake). Here in MA the whole highway merge thing is spelled out with yield signs at the end of the ramp. If the road is occupied tough shit - wait your turn. Zipper merge is cool if traffic is stop an go.

On the other hand I almost always move out of the slow lane when passing a ramp, if traffic is light unless I feel like being a dick, cause wtf it’s Massachusetts.
    Yes, this. If I see someone merging and the left lane is open, I'll move over out of courtesy. What I won't do is slow down to let the merger in. It's their responsibility to accelerate or decelerate to merge, not mine. People just need to follow the rules of the road. There have been many times where I'm the car merging and the dipshit next to me brakes to let me in, meanwhile I'm braking to let him get ahead leading to an impasse. You can't read the other guy's mind so if everyone follows the rules of the road problems are (generally) avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Sorry, I don't listen to FM or watch trendy music shows on TV like American Idol.
    This. I had no fucking idea who *any* of those halftime performers were...

My kids DID let me know that I had, at some point in the not-too-distant past, asked who the fuck Maroon 5 was, so...

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Is it just me, or does it seem like the Super Bowl Halftime show producers' sole goal is to make every show as cringy as possible? They're always SO bad.
    I don't remember Tom Petty being terrible... but I don't remember much and that was a *LONG* time ago.

Richmond. After years of hearing how the city has been cleaning up it's act I finally had a reason and the time to visit for a few days. I couldn't believe how excited I was to get back to Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Yes, this. If I see someone merging and the left lane is open, I'll move over out of courtesy. What I won't do is slow down to let the merger in. It's their responsibility to accelerate or decelerate to merge, not mine. People just need to follow the rules of the road.
    I agree with all this. Yes, moving over for courtesy if possible. But the *best* I can do if that isn't possible is simply maintain speed and make sure there is sufficient gap in front for merger to get in. If they can't fucking sort it out, that's not my problem.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Is it just me, or does it seem like the Super Bowl Halftime show producers' sole goal is to make every show as cringy as possible? They're always SO bad.
    There were a few years in there where it was good. Bruno Mars and Lady Gaga were decent shows IIRC.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    This. I had no fucking idea who *any* of those halftime performers were...

My kids DID let me know that I had, at some point in the not-too-distant past, asked who the fuck Maroon 5 was, so...
    Big boi was a part of outkast back in the day if that helps

Quote Originally Posted by delco714 View Post
    Big boi was a part of outkast back in the day if that helps
    Yeah... that probably would have helped... a little.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Yeah... that probably would have helped... a little.
    Considering he performed his half of an outkast song then ran away... Hahaha. Not even something new or original. So weird

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    There were a few years in there where it was good. Bruno Mars and Lady Gaga were decent shows IIRC.
    NTTAWWT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Actual shit...that annoys me.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9777.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	266.9 KB 
ID:	268092
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda

Considering he performed his half of an out last song then ran away... Hahaha. Not even something new or original. So weird
    I only noticed him coming out in that shitty old caddy. I missed his actual 10-second performance.

Considering he performed his half of an outkast song then ran away... Hahaha. Not even something new or original. So weird
    Just cashing a check the white guys wrote in hopes of some cred. Laughing all the way, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Sorry, I don't listen to FM or watch trendy music shows on TV like American Idol. Nor do I listen to modern country [whatever that is].

Halftime show was Suckville X 2.
    That's me every time I watch SNL and they announce the musical act, then the guest host..

me "Who?"

me "Who are they?"

Then I feel old.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    Wait until you get the bill and see that taxes and fees bump that up to $50/day.
    Well woohoo for me! Just turned the car back in and the total bill was $53 after taxes and fees! Came out to $17 and change per day all said and done. Not too shabby!

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    That's me every time I watch SNL and they announce the musical act, then the guest host..

me "Who?"

me "Who are they?"

Then I feel old.
    Oh that dreaded moment which, while it comes at the same exact time, it always feels too soon. You come back from commercial and the host is alone on stage, the crowd is hushed with anticipation and then you hear it....

“Ladies and gentlemen, whothefuckever!” The crowd gives some limp dick ass applause in anticipation of the shit act. Ugh.
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

The Matthew Mcconaughey Lincoln commercials persist.

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Two local pizza shops aren't delivering. WTF? ETA: apparently it was because traffic was a nightmare so I'll give them a pass.
    God's way of saying, learn to cook.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    My wife and I were at the Vatican museum many years ago. We were literally the first people in line when it opened (that tells you how long ago it was). We go up to the guy selling tickets and I hand him a 50,000 Lira note to pay for 2 10,000 Lira tickets. The old guy starts screaming at me, waving his arms frantically. I thought he was going to have a stroke. This went on for minutes until I figured out the problem, took back the 50,000 and gave him a 20,000.
    Hence, the Euro and credit cards.

Idiot semi drivers

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    You can bet none of the drivers of the autos that crashed had appropriate tires.

People that say "I'm not really a _________" or even worse, "I'm too smart to be a _________"

The very next time I hear that I'm going to reply, "you're fired. I guess you weren't smart enough to see that coming."

Licenses are given out way to ez. I assume there’s fines for not having winter rated tires. I see them either driving way to fast or way to slow. The slow drivers infuriate the fast drivers making them more reckless. If you’re only able to drive 20-40kph in the snow you shouldn’t be on the highway. Like wise, if everyone is driving 10 or 20 below max because of snow you don’t need to pass . A lot don’t know how to feather their brakes as well. General stupidity/lack of training kills people