Page 1600 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 1605 ... LastLast
Results 39,976 to 40,000 of 46183
    Sure if you got or can get 2. Absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    It's kind of bizarre that we all have docking station problems. You would think it is a pretty simple device. But then I'm no rocket surgeon, so...
    It can be complicated remounting and reinitializing all the devices from the system bus. There's lots of potential for hardware incompatibilities and weird bus timing stuff.

My laptop is a ThinkPad, don't see a brand name on the dock but presumably not Dell.
    ThinkPad is IBM.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Aren't ThinkPads Lenovo now? Pretty sure IBM spun that whole thing off.

In 2005.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    ThinkPad is IBM.
    that's why I said "presumably not Dell", lol
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Aren't ThinkPads Lenovo now? Pretty sure IBM spun that whole thing off.
    Sorry, I don't make the distinction.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I'm sure you're right not to, I'm not well-informed on the topic I had just heard that somewhere.

Cancelled transatlantic flight followed by airline-provided accommodations that don't allow for dietary needs rust the airline knows about.

Sent using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Take laptop out of docking station - go to meeting/whatever.
    Come back to desk. Put laptop back in docking station.
    Mouse/Keyboard don't work. WHY!!!!

This happens like 1/5 times and I can't figure out why. Drives me nuts.
    This happens to me, also. The other thing that's been happening to me recently, but only when I'm working at my office, never at home is that randomly my Outlook and Skype will ask me for a password. Problem is we don't use passwords anymore. It's pretty wacky. Only rebooting seems to fix it.

I just bombard IT with this sort of shit. They always seem slightly irritated when I ask why this thing isn’t working or what is this error message.

Occasionally they ask me to check a setting and I get to remind them that their system wide security settings prevent me from even installing a printer.

Quote Originally Posted by plugboots View Post
    Untossed salad.
    Attachment 432421
    Why bother serving salad if you don’t toss it?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Sigh...fucking bullshit. After 38 years in the industry, I have forgotten more of the business (due to evolving rules and program changes) than the schmucks you know have likely learned yet. Whatever, I am almost done with this annual waste of my time.
    Do you know what hubris means?

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Why bother serving salad if you don’t toss it?

Because there's no syrup available.

Sent using TGR Forums mobile app

Getting a $69 euro ticket for accidentally going down a restricted street in Florence after 5 months. That is a tough town to drive in.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Man, Hulu and Disney+ are annoying. I had the initial 3 year sub to Disney which was expiring, and a 1-yr promo rate on Hulu which was expiring.

• Wanted to change my credit card on Disney before the sub renewed. Nope, can't do it. Had to let it expire, and change the card after that, then renew. Annoying, but I did that.
    • Wanted to add them together to get one of the bundles. Nope, can't do it through Disney, tried on my own and got an error (because of the Hulu promo sub). Contact Disney, and they say they can't do it without them canceling my existing sub and have me sign up for the bundle because they were having system problems and couldn't do it for me, but they couldn't answer my questions about the promo rate problem. And again, they could not do it on their end, I had to do it (all they could do was cancel my yearly sub that I had just signed up for). Didn't trust them at all, because they knew nothing about the Hulu promo rate problem that their system had.
    • Contacted Hulu, and basically got the same thing. They couldn't do anything through their system because problems but claimed I could do it on my end, but again couldn't explain the Hulu promo rate problem and gave me no confidence that it wouldn't be a problem for me.
    • Basically, the best solution they both had was for me to let my promo rate expire and THEN sign up for the bundle.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

That is a tough town to drive in.
    Yeah, just dodging the scooters and mopeds, let alone the crazy street layout and hot blooded Italian drivers.

Though, gotta say, I kinda enjoy it.

If you wait for it to expire, they will auto-renew you at the newest regular rate and charge your cards, then will make it impossible to transfer the payment or get it back…

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    If you wait for it to expire, they will auto-renew you at the newest regular rate and charge your cards, then will make it impossible to transfer the payment or get it back…
    I canceled. And have confirmation that it won't be auto-renewing. I wasn't going to let that happen.

Took me 4 months to cancel 3 lines through Centurylink. Kept getting bills and collection notices well after I had made "Final" payments. So glad to be done with that shit company (hopefully).

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Took me 4 months to cancel 3 lines through Centurylink. Kept getting bills and collection notices well after I had made "Final" payments.

Getting a $69 euro ticket for accidentally going down a restricted street in Florence after 5 months. That is a tough town to drive in.
    The only time I visited Florence with a car, I stopped in Empoli and took the train in.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Took me 4 months to cancel 3 lines through Centurylink. Kept getting bills and collection notices well after I had made "Final" payments. So glad to be done with that shit company (hopefully).
    Oh, I suspect you're not done yet...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Oh, I suspect you're not done yet...

There's a good chance that you are right. MFers.

Yeah, fuck centurylink. They've actually installed fiber in my neighborhood, and although the speed would be better than anyone else, no way I'm ever voluntarily dealing with them again.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I canceled. And have confirmation that it won't be auto-renewing. I wasn't going to let that happen.
    Fuck companies that make it a pain in the ass to cancel.

I subscribed to NHL Center Ice for a few years. Decided to cancel after the Covid break since they were going to charge full price for a shortened season. Called in to cancel 30 days out. Then started getting emails from NHL.com saying the charge for my subscription fee wouldn't go through. Fortunately the credit card on file had to be re-issued since the prior year. Call NHL.com to tell them to knock it off. "Oh yeah, I see you called on X day to cancel" so we'll take care of it. Each time the call was followed by another billing attempt. Eventually Visa processed the charge anyway linking my old number to my new card. Called Visa to report the unauthorized charge. Since it wasn't fraud though they said NHL would have to credit it back, which seemed like bullshit. Eventually NHL did credit funds back but was the most painful process to get them to do it. Each call to them was the typical corporate circle jerk where you get transferred 3 different times on a call and each person you talk to has to ask the same questions yet again to verify your identity. Oh, and of course "we're currently experiencing high call volumes".