Page 1313 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1308 1309 1310 1311 1312 1313 1314 1315 1316 1317 1318 ... LastLast
Results 32,801 to 32,825 of 46281

Thread: Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    When it dawns on you that an album you thought wasn't that old, kinda is. Was jamming out to Pantera's "Vulgar Display of Power" the other day when I came to the realization that the album came out in 92. (Recorded in '91). Freaking 30 years old. Still kicks ass tho, but dayum. Now I know how some of you old bastards feel. Because I guess I am one now too. Lol. Time flies when you're rocking out!
    A high school friend of mine recently pointed out that if you're still listening to '80s music now (he mentioned Van Halen and Springsteen) that's the equivalent of people who listened to Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters then. Kinda crazy when you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    A high school friend of mine recently pointed out that if you're still listening to '80s music now (he mentioned Van Halen and Springsteen) that's the equivalent of people who listened to Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters then. Kinda crazy when you think about it.
    I resemble this comment.
    The truly crazy part is that I can now regard both to much the same degree. Wishing mom was still around to chuckle at me and say 'I told you so!'

OMG. You're right! This morning, I was listening to some Leo Kottke with my kiddos while making breakfast. It also dawned on me that the dude is mid 70s now. Still kicks ass on the 12 string.

Funny you say that tho. I actually do listen to Bing Crosby, but then again also Bach/Beethoven/Chopin/etc. Sometimes even pull up some Jewish Psalms sung in ancient Hebrew. You can say that my musical taste spans the ages.

You know what REALLY cracks me up? Look up bardcore. Genre's really taken off lately. So random but so awesome.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    My University gym had these weird structures in the newly refurb'd locker room - circular with nozzles and a bar that turned on the water off of a central post. Every one peed in it for several weeks, until tape and signage completely covered them indicating that they were "sinks" for washing your hands ........ sink peeing!!!!!!
    I saw those someplace too, I was confused as hell. Finally I pissed in it. I guess I fucked up.

Re: Bardcore

Who woulda thought? It's a huge thing. LMAO. Kinda luv it tho 🤣

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

7 million views is pretty impressive. Can't say I dig it though.

Re: Bardcore

Who woulda thought? It's a huge thing. LMAO. Kinda luv it tho ��
    New Zealand's The Verlaines sort of prefigured this in the mid '80s. Although this track is sort of a one-off on the album, there's a bit of a medieval thread running through the entire thing. Even the cover reflects it.

The difference between then and now, though, is that millions of teens and millennials also listen to 80’s rock today.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    The difference between then and now, though, is that millions of teens and millennials also listen to 80’s rock today.
    That’s what I’ve noticed. Until (relatively) recently I never cared for my parents’ music at all, thought it was totally L7. But my daughter and her friends (mid-30s) listen to (or at least seem to respect) a lot of stuff from the 60s-80s. On one hand I find myself thinking that’s cool, on the other I’m kind of surprised.

Having normal seasonal allergies in the age of covid. Might as well have leprosy or the plague with the way people be acting.

Signed,

Perpetually Persecuted in Plano

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Signed,

Perpetually Persecuted in Plano
    Like.

Wells-Fargo has mailed me three letters and emailed me twice to tell me that they are refunding my escrow and to expect a check (refinance).

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Wells-Fargo has mailed me three letters and emailed me twice to tell me that they are refunding my escrow and to expect a check (refinance).
    You could have put a period after Wells Fargo.

Having normal seasonal allergies...
    I'd have though you'd have less of the "normal" allergic reactions, from pollen, dust etc., this year?
    'Cos you're wearing a mask.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    You’re probably getting one letter and one phone call for each extra account they opened for you without you asking.

Putting on lip balm forgetting I'm going to have to wear a mask. Ick.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Took a good chunk out of my pinky finger cranking my boots on a cold morning. Now the bandaid is like a fat finger on the keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Took a good chunk out of my pinky finger cranking my boots on a cold morning. Now the bandaid is like a fat finger on the keyboard.
    (Feel you shoulda misspelled last section for comic affect...badum boom, etc...)

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon3 View Post
    You’re probably getting one letter and one phone call for each extra account they opened for you without you asking.
    Ha!

The new fuel line for my snowblower is 1 inch too short.

That's less annoying than not needing a snow blower for weeks and weeks.

The postmaster at my local is a raging fucking cunt. Everyone hates her, and there has even been a petition circulated to remove her (good luck).

She goes out of her way to not only not help you, but to be outright a complete bitch.

Today she sarcastically informed me that duct tape is not an expressly approved method of taping a package, only packing tape, and that most locations won't even accept it. Then, as a topper, she again educated me that the zip code must be on the same line as the town and state. So she crossed it off and crammed it in the line above. Finally, she enlightened me that I needed the +4 on the zip on my return address, which she also crossed out an put it on the line above, because if it got returned, they would know where to return it, "got it?". Like my P.O. Fucking Box isn't on the 2nd line????!!!!!

Man, she really gets me going. I just kept my mouth shut under my mask (which she wasn't even wearing), and rolled my eyes.

Put dogshit under her door handles.