Page 1667 of 1850 FirstFirst ... 1662 1663 1664 1665 1666 1667 1668 1669 1670 1671 1672 ... LastLast
Results 41,651 to 41,675 of 46232
    Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    This is what I wondered. Two years ago, niche ski you’d see in well-heeled spots.

This season, every shop has em and I saw entire rental fleets in the Beav and P.C.
    For me - this realization came about *5* years ago. And at that time, IIRC, the brand was already 10 years old. Which surprised me.

My Corvus are chargers. Really like that ski. Haven’t been on any other model. But everybody loves the top sheet too, which is fine I guess.
    focus.

Well I'll admit, the graphics are much more my style, clean and simple, than a lot of the cluttered garbage that we see Buttah post up that runs through his shop.
    I still call it The Jake.

It's only the 15, but these mounted on some pink BC's...
    Name:  1058344_400w_1000h.jpeg
Views: 351
Size:  22.3 KB

And some Lange Pink Panthers...
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

ON3P = On 3 pins?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    And some Lange Pink Panthers...
    Hells yes. Even if they still leak and smash your toes, those were some hot boots.

I was really lucky to have been a bit of a gear whore growing up in the greatest era in ski equipment, the late 80s-late 90s, and of all the kits I had, one of the most rad setups was hot pink/blue Dynastar Vertical Assaults, Lange Pink Panthers, Solly Drivers and those orange and green Scott World Cup poles.

Combine that with my neon jacket and pants and I looked like an electric Skittle heading down the mountain.

Shit that annoys you

I heard Black Crows have been in Europe for a while so maybe that’s where the support for the mass expansion came from? I demoed a pair in JH a few years back (camox IIRC) which were definitely soft but still a very fun ski. They are now ubiquitous at every 800 vertical ft mountain in New England though.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyCarter View Post
    I heard Black Crows have been in Europe for a while so maybe that’s where the support for the mass expansion came from? I demoed a pair in JH a few years back (camox IIRC) which were definitely soft but still a very fun ski. They are now ubiquitous at every 800 vertical ft mountain in New England though.
    ~15 years ago they were the hip new ski in chamonix. Suspect they got €€€ to expand from somewhere

Black Crows have been big in europe for awhile
    c'mon I thought Timberridge and BMills were the rich guys here and now my confidence is shaken.......dare I ask......when was the last time you guys were in Europe?
    skid luxury

Not saying all their skis are bad but the neon green freebirds are probably the worst skis I’ve owned. But everyone loves them. Fight me.

One of the local shops has a rental fleet of camox and navis freebirds w/ resort clamps on them. Makes me smirk.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    c'mon I thought Timberridge and BMills were the rich guys here and now my confidence is shaken.......dare I ask......when was the last time you guys were in Europe?
    To eat, 2019. To ski, before that. Although my son’s classmate is from a burg near The Streif so we’re planning a trip for next year (fingers crossed).

Here’s hoping my Faction Candides aren’t too bougie in their native zone.

Quote Originally Posted by tellybele View Post
    ON3P = On 3 pins?
    Own 3 Pair

And as far as the “what do you do” questions, I just point to whoever I’m skiing with and say “I’m his parole officer”

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    See? You met an interesting person. And if you owned a comedy club in PC and were looking for talent, that guy may have gotten his lucky break and gone on to host the Oscars one day. Like Bobby Stainless says, "always be selling."

The only time I ever judge people on the lift is by their bindings. If they're not on 18 DIN Pivots or Solly's, I know they're hacks.
    When I see people with high DIN bindings I think they’re hacks. Of course if they’re a pro making huge hucks or an elite racer I’ll make an exception

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by jmedslc View Post
    I’ve always considered black crows as toy skis for beaters and posers. Are they in fact real skis?
    Only the 193 Corvus, and I only paid $300 and change new for some 188s that I traded for the 193s.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Hells yes. Even if they still leak and smash your toes, those were some hot boots.

I was really lucky to have been a bit of a gear whore growing up in the greatest era in ski equipment, the late 80s-late 90s, and of all the kits I had, one of the most rad setups was hot pink/blue Dynastar Vertical Assaults, Lange Pink Panthers, Solly Drivers and those orange and green Scott World Cup poles.

Combine that with my neon jacket and pants and I looked like an electric Skittle on PCP heading down the mountain.
    Fify

Combine that with my neon jacket and pants and I looked like an electric Skittle heading down the mountain.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8053.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	452187
    Greatest era will continue as long as those zippers do..

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Fify
    No chimp fighting necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_8053.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	1.59 MB 
ID:	452187
    Greatest era will continue as long as those zippers do..
    Godspeed Equipe bag!

I had the Force9 version of that one but it gave up the ghost thanks to DEN’s baggage handlers sometime around ‘98.

Quote Originally Posted by babybear View Post
    Babybear, babybear...

Comparing the Black Crows to my Igneous Dreamweaver Customs with rosewood top sheet is like comparing the Alpenrose breakfast buffet to dining at Mirazur. Should you ever visit Monaco for the Grand Prix, a short drive along the coast to dine at Mirazur should be on your list. The cannelloni crab is a highlight.

So yes, of course I've been to Europe.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Begs the question then, what does Benny eat when he's a local in the Alps?

Begs the question then, what does Benny eat when he's a local in the Alps?
    Pocket prosciutto?

Pocket pasta?

HAPPY ST PADDIES DAY

Is the most fucking annoying thing. People this morning are effusively throwing out celebrations for this silly green “holiday”.

I shy away from asking them what it actually means to them (fearful of offending anyone on the planet these days) but I can guarantee that 95% of these assholes have no idea what the fuck St. Patrick’s Day is all about anyway. /rant

Did you not get your redhead today?

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Pocket prosciutto?
    Pocket cheese seems like something that would work pretty well. It also sounds like a euphemism for something disgusting.

Seems to fit in this thread as an addendum to a previous gripe…

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/flo...osed-move-over
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident