Page 693 of 1848 FirstFirst ... 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 ... LastLast
Results 17,301 to 17,325 of 46183
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    (A) Not to be nit-picky, but I never said she was wearing yoga pants..rather she was a yoga goddess. As in she is an instructor and expert at it. Ironically, I've actually never seen her wear yoga pants.
    and
    (B) Do you blindly follow people who are the "Do as I say, Not as I do" types? I said up front, my premise sounds hollow, but I still think there's something to be said for a person who practices what they preach and walk the walk, versus those who give just give you expert advice that they read about at some point. Right or wrong, it's tough to look at 100% objectively.

Who SHOULD we have taken nutrition advice from between the two examples I presented?
    Actually I like advice from people that have faced and over came similar challenges as me.

A fitness instructor is different from a doctor and instructs people on different things...

The op was about a doctor visit for a baby. I have no idea what the doctor recommended but I'm pretty sure a pediatrician or family doctor is a better resource for baby medical conditions than a yoga instructor...

As for the baby doctors weight... did she tell you your baby was fat? Do you know her medical history?

You are being judgemental.

The op was about shit that annoys you. Like thrunting.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    The op was about shit that annoys you. Like thrunting.
    thrunting

TelemarkTips lingo for “thread cunting”. That’s when some asshole “cunts up” a thread by acting like an asshole.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Hey--it beats wearing a chastity belt

I miss the Sealtest milkman that brought our milk when I was a kid. Now I have to go to the store to get my dairy stuff. I'm completely out of butter--now I'm have to go to Safeway and stand there like a zombie while I try to decide whether to use self checkout or the express lane.

The houses in my neighborhood had milk doors--a hole in the brick wall with doors on either side where the milkman put the milk. My friend Kenny had his thumb cut off when his older brother slammed one of the little doors on it. Putting M80's in the milk boxes was a popular pastime in our neighborhood.
    You're still pissed about the horseless carriage too, aren't you?
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    You're still pissed about the horseless carriage too, aren't you?
    Yeah sure. My grandfather delivered bread in a horse drawn wagon. OTOH I have a hard enough time cleaning up after a pound dog. Don't need to be picking up after a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    He didn't say his baby doctor had killed her own babies.. he said she was fat.
    While both visits were for unrelated reasons, both visits DID result in each professional giving us nutritional advice. The doctor I mentioned was simply giving us bad advice that had nothing to do with the very problem we brought the baby in for, and in the end was totally unhelpful in solving the initial problem. The "wellness expert" we went into for my wife's issue was giving us nutritional information that WAS directly related to the problem at hand, and you know what? Her suggestions worked with 100% effectiveness, and without prescription drugs too! We knew her from around town, and not just judging by her physique, but knowing her very active lifestyle, we just happened to take her advice with a bit more seriousness. The "proof" was right there in front of us. If you're almost 50 but look like you're not a day past 24 (with no makeup either), with a body that most 18 year olds would kill for, you must doing SOMETHING right. Or should I pay more attention to advice given from the dentist with rotting teeth, the life coach who's never seen success, the personal trainer who can't make it up a flight of stairs, et cetera ad infinitum.

I'm not saying my preconceptions are necessarily correct! I understand that an overweight, chain smoking doctor might actually have superior knowledge about this or that. But when they don't practice how they're telling others to live, can't you see how it makes it more difficult to listen to them seriously? Yes, in the end it's up to US to sort good from bad advice, but then again that's why we also pay to rely on THEM, the experts.

If you're almost 50 but look like you're not a day past 24 (with no makeup either), with a body that most 18 year olds would kill for, you must doing SOMETHING right.
    You'd fit right in in LA. What's important there is that 50 year old spent a fortune on plastic surgery and looking good, not whether their information is valid or useful.

The fact is that appearances matter, for men and for women. There's a lot of talk about objectification on this forum. We are all objects to strangers until they get to know us. We all form judgements about each other based on first impressions. One of the joys of life is having our impressions of people change as we get to actually know them. Or sometimes one of the horrors.
    First impressions can certainly be misleading.

Name:  hockey players.jpg
Views: 231
Size:  71.6 KB

Name:  brawl.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  129.6 KB

Which reminds me--why do hockey and basketball coaches wear business suits? Who are they kidding? Or the old, overweight baseball manager wearing a baseball uniform, like he could possibly go out and play. Football coaches' attire makes the most sense. Although it would be fun seeing Belichek dressed like an NFL cheerleader.

Although it would be fun seeing Belichek dressed like an NFL cheerleader.
    This is interesting.

Which reminds me--why do hockey and basketball coaches wear business suits? Who are they kidding? Or the old, overweight baseball manager wearing a baseball uniform, like he could possibly go out and play. Football coaches' attire makes the most sense. Although it would be fun seeing Belichek dressed like an NFL cheerleader.
    I was actually thinking about this recently. Personally I wish football coaches wore suits like Tom Landry did back in the '70s. Of course most of them these days are too fat and out-of-shape to look decent in a suit.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I was actually thinking about this recently. Personally I wish football coaches wore suits like Tom Landry did back in the '70s. Of course most of them these days are too fat and out-of-shape to look decent in a suit.
    Or like 'The Bear'.
    Name:  download (3).jpeg
Views: 246
Size:  8.7 KB

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    IDK, Nolan tried to take the suit route at the niners. He was such a douche, I just as soon not see any more sideline suits

It would be better if the coaches had to wear the same unis as the players

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Back on track. Miserable stupid cunts annoy me.
    Your obsession annoys me and makes you sound like a stupid, miserable cunt

you know who you are
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by simple View Post
    gender reveal parties
    I'll reveal my gender...then the whiners will complain about the big hairy things hanging out in the open. They're never happy.

If you're almost 50 but look like you're not a day past 24 (with no makeup either), with a body that most 18 year olds would kill for, you must doing SOMETHING right.
    Seems to me this could all be settled with a few photos of hot yoga goddess.

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    IDK, Nolan tried to take the suit route at the niners. He was such a douche, I just as soon not see any more sideline suits

It would be better if the coaches had to wear the same unis as the cheerleaders
    fify

Gifs.

Also those dumb boomerang video clips people post on Instagram. It was funny once.

The amount of disposable coffee cups present at a sustainable buildings conference. You can build a passive home but you can't bring a travel mug?

Sent from my SM-G950U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder View Post
    The amount of disposable coffee cups present at a sustainable buildings conference. You can build a passive home but you can't bring a travel mug?
    Wow. Those people have reached the pinnacle of hypocrisy. Then again, for many of the builders who brag about eco this and sustainable that, it's more about being trendy than anything. They probably couldn't care less about the environment.

If they actually DO care, then they remind me of too many folks I've known out here who can simultaneously complain to me about global warming while having no problem going on Alaskan heliskiing trips, driving their gas guzzling 4x4 Tundra or Taco, and generally leading a VERY high footprint lifestyle....oh yeah, and using disposable coffee cups on the reg. Haha.

Wow. Those people have reached the pinnacle of hypocrisy. Then again, for many of the builders who brag about eco this and sustainable that, it's more about being trendy than anything. They probably couldn't care less about the environment.

If they actually DO care, then they remind me of too many folks I've known out here who can simultaneously complain to me about global warming while having no problem going on Alaskan heliskiing trips, driving their gas guzzling 4x4 Tundra or Taco, and generally leading a VERY high footprint lifestyle....oh yeah, and using disposable coffee cups on the reg. Haha.
    Seems like they could hand out mugs with the name of the conference on them or something.
    As far as carbon footprint--seems like we all have a big one, but some of us certainly have bigger footprints than others.

Seems like they could hand out mugs with the name of the conference on them or something.
    Like the kind made in China and then shipped across the Pacific on a container vessel, then moved across the US via long-distance truck haul, that ultimately winds up in the land fill 'cause everyone has a dozen fucking mugs already?

Not an attack on you, Dr. Goat.

Sent from my XT1650 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

There's nothing eco friendly or sustainable about new housing construction.

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    There's nothing eco friendly or sustainable about new housing construction.
    Cool, then give your house to one of the homeless people in Seattle, and go live in a cave somewhere.