Page 1021 of 1145 FirstFirst ... 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 ... LastLast
Results 25,501 to 25,525 of 28608
    People who fucking park their carts diagonally in the MIDDLE of the isle at the store. It's like they are TRYING to passive-aggressively take up as MUCH space in the aisle as possible.

I bet it doesn't even occur to them that they are being dumb fucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    My daughters’ piano teacher’s husband doesn’t want to use salt, but he’s also too old to really maintain the sidewalk or steps that we have to walk around to go to the piano studio (rather than just let us walk through the house). So every Friday is a treacherous ice rink to steep icy wooden steps that I have to guide my 13yo and 8yo through every Friday at 4:30. I’ve offered to help shovel or pick ice or spread salt multiple times.... but really that needs to happen at 2pm-3pm, it’s frozen rock hard by 4:30 most days, and he doesn’t really have the right tools around, and aren’t I just being a monumental pain in the ass anyways? I’m pretty sure footed, even in my oxfords, but I’ve had to console kids multiple times who forget to pay attention and take a digger on the way in or out.
    You should ask him how much insurance he's carrying on the house for personal injury. See if that gets his attention.

"You have some kind of umbrella policy that would cover someone that slipped on your sidewalk and was permanently injured/disabled?"

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    This reminds me...

Yellow paint used to mean “no parking”. Now I see it on parking curbs all over the place. So which is it: no parking, or a highlighted parking space?

Fuck I am easily annoyed.
    Neither. Yellow paint means “don’t sue me for tripping on this bright yellow curb that I painted yellow so you wouldn’t be able to say in court that I didn’t try to make it easy for you to see it by painting it yellow.”
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    You should ask him how much insurance he's carrying on the house for personal injury. See if that gets his attention.

"You have some kind of umbrella policy that would cover someone that slipped on your sidewalk and was permanently injured/disabled?"

It’s a very nice house with views of Lake Superior.

It would be a fine place to sit and gaze out at the sunrise while I rehabilitate from my neck injury......
    focus.

I’ve had to console kids multiple times who forget to pay attention and take a digger on the way in or out.
    Let them wear crampons to practice, duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    Let them wear crampons to practice, duh.
    Hah. That would teach him to skip the salt to preserve his nice wood floors.
    focus.

Las Vegas commercial running during March Madness.....premise is funny, but I immediately change channel when I hear the “Champiooon” chant.

I’ve offered to help shovel or pick ice or spread salt multiple times.... but really that needs to happen at 2pm-3pm, it’s frozen rock hard by 4:30 most days, and he doesn’t really have the right tools around, and aren’t I just being a monumental pain in the ass anyways? .
    So sand. Works better to prevent falls than ice melter IME, although personally I use a combination of both.
    Option 2--bring skates, sticks, pucks, and play a little hockey--way more fun than piano lessons, no?

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    So sand. Works better to prevent falls than ice melter IME, although personally I use a combination of both.
    Option 2--bring skates, sticks, pucks, and play a little hockey--way more fun than piano lessons, no?
    Even a nice session of broomball might get the point across with less equipment to deal with.

He doesn’t like sand either. He might like it less. Not really the point. You don’t need to tell me how to resolve slippery sidewalks.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Even a nice session of broomball might get the point across with less equipment to deal with.
    When the kids were young we used to play a version we called deck ball--requires brooms, a volleyball, and a foot or two of fresh powder.

My stomach just made a noise just like the text alert in my phone. Apparently I am becoming one with my phone.

Stomach's full of spam, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Stomach's full of spam, eh?
    good one

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    point is he’s being a passive aggressive asshole who’s pissed
    his life partner is having strangers come over their house.
    So sand. In her vagina, is the problem. The old guy's not getting any. And he obviously is hoping the old lady breaks a hip, but it might be him who breaks it. Meantime, easy enough to put traction chains on the kids' shoes or boots, but Mustonen is, as he said, not looking for solutions, just wants to be annoyed, which is his right.

but Mustonen is, as he said, not looking for solutions, just wants to be annoyed, which is his right.
    Hear hear.
    focus.

Hear hear.
    Some of us just like to be annoyed.

Some of us just like to be annoyed.
    And some of us just like to annoy people. I blame it on my dad. I found some of his grade school report cards and his teachers wrote that he enjoyed annoying the other kids. That was in the early 1940's, to put it in perspective.

My credit union replaced their perfectly functional, easy to use online portal with a shitty cartoonish one, and in the process deleted all of my Bill Pay payees. Pricks.

I think I've posted this before, but has anyone ever been part of a webinar or video presentation/powerpoint that actually ran smoothly? Because I've never seen it. Even coming from large, seemingly well funded, organized companies. WTF? Why is it so hard to accomplish this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    I think I've posted this before, but has anyone ever been part of a webinar or video presentation/powerpoint that actually ran smoothly? Because I've never seen it. Even coming from large, seemingly well funded, organized companies. WTF? Why is it so hard to accomplish this stuff?
    https://youtu.be/kNz82r5nyUw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup. I probably participate in 3-4 per week on average. They rarely go poorly.
    focus.

We have a company wide monthly progress/update call, which is basically our Prez going over results, updates and upcoming plans. Everyone is expected to join, either call in or via computer. They can't seem to auto-mute everyone and half don't seem to mute their own phones, so you hear all kinds of background noise - coughing, clearing throat, sniffling, typing, farting, talking, shuffling paper. Otherwise they usually go well. Still hunting for who ever has the world's loudest keyboard.

I'm talking about a recorded webinar that I sat through that took 1 hour. No big deal, but took the speakers 7 minutes of me and everyone else's time, to get their shit on the right page to begin the seminar. Glad I skipped the original seminar, which was given during skiing hours, and I could have wasted time on from the chairlift, but didn't. But I'm pretty surprised that it wasn't immediately edited out.

Maybe my industry just hasn't yet evolved to the point of others, that is entirely likely. But for fucks sakes, we should at least be able to hire a few good AV nerds who can get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    We have a company wide monthly progress/update call, which is basically our Prez going over results, updates and upcoming plans. Everyone is expected to join, either call in or via computer. They can't seem to auto-mute everyone and half don't seem to mute their own phones, so you hear all kinds of background noise - coughing, clearing throat, sniffling, typing, farting, talking, shuffling paper. Otherwise they usually go well. Still hunting for who ever has the world's loudest keyboard.
    Years ago I had a weekly meeting that had a serial pisser. Dude. Mute button. Use it. Best part ? We never heard him wash his hands. Nobody ever fessed up or figured out who it was.