Page 1436 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1431 1432 1433 1434 1435 1436 1437 1438 1439 1440 1441 ... LastLast
Results 35,876 to 35,900 of 46281

Shit that annoys you

100.00+ trip to gas station to fill my Tundra…

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Why didn't you just fix your boxers?
    Too busy.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post

So, yesterday, it was kinda rough weather here. Dumping rain, just pouring. And wind steady at about 30 with gusts to 50+, some gusts reported to 60. All day this goes on. Late in the day I'm standing by the window of this 5-year-old house looking out the window at it and water starts to leak in just above the window I'm standing in front of. It starts coming in pretty good, which is annoying. First leak in the house I'm aware of.

I scramble and get a bucket and a couple towels. Put them out under the leak, which promptly stops cold. Like a faucet got turned on and off. And for the next 2 hours of rain and wind it doesn't leak a drop. Total volume of water in the house is maybe half a pint if that.

Which wouldn't be annoying except now I don't know which way to jump. Ignore it? Call the builder? Get out there with caulk? This morning I got out there with cault but everything looks dry and tight and I can't caulk the whole house plus the cedar shingles the place is sided with are butted tight and I can't really get caulk in there. You'd have to pull the shingles off to really get after it and who knows where it was actually getting in, it could be pretty far away from where it leaked inside, you'd have to pull off a ton of shingles to be sure you got it.

So what do I do? The call to the builder would be awkward, "hey it leaked a little for 5 minutes and then stopped after it poured in howling wind for 8 hours, can you fix it?" But once water finds a way it will find it again so now I'm just waiting for it to leak again, which will probably happen when I'm not here and shit will get wet. Or wrecked. Annoying.
    Are you the original owner. I don't know what the laws are in Maine but in CA builders are responsible for hidden defects for 10 years. (Assuming they are still in business, etc.) I wouldn't hesitate to call.

Call/email the builder. Even if he can't find or fix it, you have a record of reporting the problem, in case it repeats.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Shit that annoys you

Totally not good — email the picture you took of the water to the builder.
    Cuz you took a picture, right?

It doesn’t matter how it got there; it shouldn’t have gotten there. And you now know it’s inside the wall too.

Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    Totally not good — email the picture you took of the water to the builder.
    Cuz you took a picture, right?
    Nope. Didn't occur to me. It was weird that it just stopped so I just dried it off figuring it would be easier to see any new drips.

It doesn’t matter how it got there; it shouldn’t have gotten there. And you now know it’s inside the wall too.
    Thanks. I was trying to justify ignoring it and I can't.

So, yesterday, it was kinda rough weather here. Dumping rain, just pouring. And wind steady at about 30 with gusts to 50+, some gusts reported to 60. All day this goes on. Late in the day I'm standing by the window of this 5-year-old house looking out the window at it and water starts to leak in just above the window I'm standing in front of. It starts coming in pretty good, which is annoying. First leak in the house I'm aware of.

I scramble and get a bucket and a couple towels. Put them out under the leak, which promptly stops cold. Like a faucet got turned on and off. And for the next 2 hours of rain and wind it doesn't leak a drop. Total volume of water in the house is maybe half a pint if that.

Which wouldn't be annoying except now I don't know which way to jump. Ignore it? Call the builder? Get out there with caulk? This morning I got out there with cault but everything looks dry and tight and I can't caulk the whole house plus the cedar shingles the place is sided with are butted tight and I can't really get caulk in there. You'd have to pull the shingles off to really get after it and who knows where it was actually getting in, it could be pretty far away from where it leaked inside, you'd have to pull off a ton of shingles to be sure you got it.

So what do I do? The call to the builder would be awkward, "hey it leaked a little for 5 minutes and then stopped after it poured in howling wind for 8 hours, can you fix it?" But once water finds a way it will find it again so now I'm just waiting for it to leak again, which will probably happen when I'm not here and shit will get wet. Or wrecked. Annoying.
    For the love of god man, don’t caulk, it will probably make it worse. Is there a gutter above the window?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

About 3 feet above on an overhang that's like 18 inches or maybe 2 feet.

At first I thought maybe water got blown out of the gutter into the soffit in a big gust but it doesn't seem possible when you look at it.

About 3 feet above on an overhang that's like 18 inches or maybe 2 feet.

At first I thought maybe water got blown out of the gutter into the soffit in a big gust but it doesn't seem possible when you look at it.
    I’d check to see if the gutter got clogged, even a little bit, your weather scenario make it possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I mean short of a hurricane or a full on Nor'easter it was pretty much as bad as it gets for around here. The fact that the leak lasted such a short time kinda made me think it was related to a gust.

Weird wind direction for a storm here though, SE/ESE. Window faces SW. The gutter seems to flow fine under normal conditions and no trees above or even close to clog shit but I'll see what I can see. Thanks.

I'd say that 90% of "window leaks" are leaks that run down the wall, hit the header then enter the living space. Many times troubleshooting leaks requires tearing out drywall while the leak is occuring.

A LSD Steakhouse somewhere in the Wasatch
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Too busy.
    has anybody told you you dont need to make a dozen posts a day
    "When the child was a child it waited patiently for the first snow and it still does"- Van "The Man" Morrison
    "I find I have already had my reward, in the doing of the thing" - Buzz Holmstrom
    "THIS IS WHAT WE DO"-AML -ski on in eternal peace
    "I have posted in here but haven't read it carefully with my trusty PoliAsshat antenna on."-DipshitDanno

You could spend a solid few hours with a hose trying to recreate it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

PM Blurred

^^ Has hose, will travel.

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    has anybody told you you dont need to make a dozen posts a day
    I like his posts, but ya. Too busy to fix his underwear, but has time to complain about it and make 11 other posts. lol

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I was at Wal-Mart today. They were playing Christmas music.

I really miss celebrating Thanksgiving. Why we don't move it to coincide with Canada's I will never know but then again, it would probably get swallowed up by Halloween so maybe move it to September.
    No TG in Sept! Some of us heathens need an early winter celebration. And TG day is perfectly situated prior to most good skiing so I don’t have to choose between skiing and family.

Bought a new pair of hunting bibs this year, they've got an awesome Zipper pocket pocket right on the chest..Annoying part is it's right next to the open unzippable crappy pocket. I lost my phone in the snow four times today, as I kept thinking I put it in the zippered pocket and then I would zip the pocket up.I had no other options at the time, as I didn't have a jacket or pack with me.

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    Bought a new pair of hunting bibs this year, they've got an awesome Zipper pocket pocket right on the chest..Annoying part is it's right next to the open unzippable crappy pocket. I lost my phone in the snow four times today, as I kept thinking I put it in the zippered pocket and then I would zip the pocket up.I had no other options at the time, as I didn't have a jacket or pack with me.
    My Moto pants are similar. There's a vent right above the thigh pocket. If you drop your phone in the vent, it comes out the bottom of your leg. Of course I do that frequently.

Yeah I mean short of a hurricane or a full on Nor'easter it was pretty much as bad as it gets for around here. The fact that the leak lasted such a short time kinda made me think it was related to a gust.

Weird wind direction for a storm here though, SE/ESE. Window faces SW. The gutter seems to flow fine under normal conditions and no trees above or even close to clog shit but I'll see what I can see. Thanks.
    My office window (and a lot of other people's) leaked during really bad rain/wind storms. They fixed it. First floor of a multistory building, fixed window. I'm guessing all they did was caulk but different situation. And I don't know, maybe the roof was leaking and the water came down the wall. I seem to remember that with that particular storm--the one where the Sacramento levees came within inches of overtopping--there were buckets catching the water on the top floor of the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I like his posts, but ya. Too busy to fix his underwear, but has time to complain about it and make 11 other posts. lol
    When your back is as jacked as mine taking your shoes off, taking your pants off, switching your trou around, putting your pants back on, and finding someone to tie your shoes takes longer than you might think. Especially if there's no chair handy. I guess there's the toilet to sit on, if haven't dribbled all over the seat. And don't tell me to lift the seat up to pee--I have to bend over to do that too.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    When your back is as jacked as mine taking your shoes off, taking your pants off, switching your trou around, putting your pants back on, and finding someone to tie your shoes takes longer than you might think. Especially if there's no chair handy. I guess there's the toilet to sit on, if haven't dribbled all over the seat. And don't tell me to lift the seat up to pee--I have to bend over to do that too.
    Ok. I got back issues too. Not that bad but can relate. I need a chair to put on socks. I wear slip on shoes when I can get away with it.

And there we have it: sooner or later, we'll all be begging for the Foley catheter and dreamin' of the good old days when you could sit down to pee.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    And there we have it: sooner or later, we'll all be begging for the Foley catheter and dreamin' of the good old days when you could sit down to pee.
    He probably wears Depends, I’ve seen them in bulk at Costco.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Shit that annoys you

I realized I had my shirt on inside out the other day.
    And I’m 30 years or so younger than old goat so I give him the pass on the backwards underwear.
    We’ll all be there some day, dog willing
    skid luxury

Putting my boxers on backwards (and t-shirt for that matter) is a regular occurrence. Boxers all used to have a white tag only on the back like a T-shirt so it was easy to tell which way was front. The last couple batches I've bought have a white label on the front too so you have to look for the fly for directional confirmation. Somehow I still manage to put them on backwards after finding the fly. I don't leave them like that all day though.