Page 1206 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 ... LastLast
Results 30,126 to 30,150 of 46279
    I think I posted this a few hundred pages ago...
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1455.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	318912

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCamper View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1455.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	318912
    Doesn’t appear to be flashing, good luck

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Tape libraries. Those fucking things annoy the shit out of me.
    Microfiche.
    Fuck that shit
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Goddammit! Scammer is spoofing my friend's phone number so naturally I answer but it's not them it's a damn scammer!
    That is an FCC violation, but the FCC never does anything about it. It is very easy to modify the CLID and ANI in the modern Telephony World. They can make it look like they are down the street from the other side of the world.
    Own your fail. ~Jer~

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Goddammit! Scammer is spoofing my friend's phone number so naturally I answer but it's not them it's a damn scammer!
    I got a call a few years ago from someone spoofing my own number. I didn’t answer; couldn’t risk a rip in spacetime.

Backed into the garage door. I was adjusting my rear view and must have bumped the garage door button on the mirror. The door was down to the top of the lift gate when I hit it--too high for the backup camera and warning to detect it. Minimal dent--the door still works fine, just enough damage to generate a lecture from my wife.

Now the other morning my battery was dead. No lights left on or doors left open I could see. I drove the wife and kid to dinner the other night--one of them must have left a door ajar, noticed it later after the battery was already dead, closed it, and didn't bother telling me. I could lecture my wife about it, but I don't see that working out well.

Maybe too much technology for an old man, although I did get to use the little jump starter my wife gave me for xmas. Nifty gadget to be sure.

My wife is great for lectures. She replaced the fire resistant hearth rug with an ordinary rug--on top of the wall to wall. A tiny ember lands on it--too small to notice and sets it on fire--slow burn through the rug and into the carpet. Now there's a 4 in black hole in the carpet. I get lectured for missing a tiny ember, despite the fact that it was she who put the wrong kind of rug there. I've wanted to replace that part of the carpet with tile--the stove sits too close to the edge of the stone hearth--so this is a good excuse to do it, no big deal.

I could lecture her about all the pots she's ruined by boiling them dry, but in the interest of domestic harmony I will not.

Maybe it's time for memory care.

Future you is calling current you to say don't get the gas station sushi.
    watch out for snakes

Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    I think I posted this a few hundred pages ago...
    I wonder how many duplicates are in this thread

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Backed into the garage door. I was adjusting my rear view and must have bumped the garage door button on the mirror. The door was down to the top of the lift gate when I hit it--too high for the backup camera and warning to detect it. Minimal dent--the door still works fine, just enough damage to generate a lecture from my wife.

Now the other morning my battery was dead. No lights left on or doors left open I could see. I drove the wife and kid to dinner the other night--one of them must have left a door ajar, noticed it later after the battery was already dead, closed it, and didn't bother telling me. I could lecture my wife about it, but I don't see that working out well.

Maybe too much technology for an old man, although I did get to use the little jump starter my wife gave me for xmas. Nifty gadget to be sure.

My wife is great for lectures. She replaced the fire resistant hearth rug with an ordinary rug--on top of the wall to wall. A tiny ember lands on it--too small to notice and sets it on fire--slow burn through the rug and into the carpet. Now there's a 4 in black hole in the carpet. I get lectured for missing a tiny ember, despite the fact that it was she who put the wrong kind of rug there. I've wanted to replace that part of the carpet with tile--the stove sits too close to the edge of the stone hearth--so this is a good excuse to do it, no big deal.

I could lecture her about all the pots she's ruined by boiling them dry, but in the interest of domestic harmony I will not.

Maybe it's time for memory care.
    That one kinda belongs over here - https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-Christ/page28

"Thank you for calling the City of LA Finance department. We are currently experiencing extremely high call volume. Calls are answered in the order received. There are 3,185 people ahead of you"

That was Monday, just got the call back today. Being fair they are actually easy to deal with once you get them on the phone.

When I call the CA Franchise Tax Board all you get is "we are currently experiencing an extremely high volume of calls. Goodbye"

How is it that every phone system is currently experiencing high volume of calls?

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    I wonder how many duplicates are in this thread

That one kinda belongs over here - https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...-Christ/page28
    I was thinking more along the lines of Things That Amuse You as I was thoroughly amused reading that.

I like hoodies and hooded jackets. So by default, I grab the hoodie. This presents a layering challenge, though. Right now at the airport, due to poor planning, I have a hooded sweatshirt, a hooded light puffy, and a hooded shell.
    focus.

Daylight savings time. Fuck this shit.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Here we go.

Shit that annoys you

Non daylight savings time.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    There it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I like hoodies and hooded jackets. So by default, I grab the hoodie. This presents a layering challenge, though. Right now at the airport, due to poor planning, I have a hooded sweatshirt, a hooded light puffy, and a hooded shell.
    I saw someone at Killington last week in a hooded clear garbage bag thing on a misty day. I thought, genius. Probably could have them made in China for a penny and sell them for ten bucks if marketed right.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Same. Not sure I see this as a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    Bingo
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Bingo
    I don't care which one they pick - daylight savings time or standard time - JUST FRIGGING PICK ONE AND STAY THERE!

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Tape libraries. Those fucking things annoy the shit out of me.
    Tape libraries are still a thing?

They are on the third floor with the microfiche.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    People who call it, “Daylight Savings Time.”
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Tape libraries are still a thing?
    Yes, and one just melted down where I work, fortunately it's not my problem. Big ripple effects.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Yes, and one just melted down where I work, fortunately it's not my problem. Big ripple effects.
    Yup - they're like mainframes... if your company has tape libraries, it'll take an act of GOD to get rid of them.