Page 1167 of 1849 FirstFirst ... 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 ... LastLast
Results 29,151 to 29,175 of 46220
    Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Paying $$$ at the stealership for a synthetic oil change and after getting a "engine service required" warning, finding out they overfilled it by probably ~2 quarts. I've already syphoned out over a quart and it's still more than an inch over the full line on the dipstick. So damn annoyed. Any advice? How bad for the engine is that? It's been a couple of weeks since the oil change.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Definitely get that oil sucked out so it's back in the normal range. Then call up the f****** manager of the service department and tell him you want a full refund.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    The Alexander the Great solution
    You've clearly never seen some of the rack and stack jobs I've had to get re-done.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    You've clearly never seen some of the rack and stack jobs I've had to get re-done.
    Oh, I'm all in favor of Alexander's solution to untying the Gordian knot. It's how I would do it.
    And how did I ever make it this far in life without knowing what rack and stack meant (of course it didn't exist for most of my life.).

Quote Originally Posted by TG View Post
    Thought it might be cultural like driving on the left, or like toilets flushing the opposite direction in the southern hemisphere, but righty-tighty is universal, right?
    I remember hooking up the propane tank to our cabin going left not right. I think some mechanical parts are threaded "backwards" in the opposite direction of travel to prevent loosening over time.

Shit that annoys you

Something went haywire when I posted to gear swap on app. Threw me into tech talk.. annoying!
    I went to advance edit on PC but cannot find a way to move a thread. Does anyone know how? Thanks

There's a fair amount of stuff that's reverse threaded to avoid loosening, left-side bike pedals are one example.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Something went haywire when I posted to gear swap on app. Threw me into tech talk.. annoying!
    I went to advance edit on PC but cannot find a way to move a thread. Does anyone know how? Thanks
    Report your own thread. Ask for it to be moved to where you want it. Anyone who reads the report will have the power to do it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Report your own thread. Ask for it to be moved to where you want it. Anyone who reads the report will have the power to do it for you.
    Complex. Relies on other peeps.
    Why not delete thread/start over?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by highangle View Post
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Complex. Relies on other peeps.
    Why not delete thread/start over?

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    Normally I would but just spent 45 mins creating sale thread with 10+ items and 30 pics

Shit that annoys you

If I were designing an automatic twist tyeing machine, the twist action would be run by a rack or an air cylinder, so one is twisted CW, the next one is CCW on the return stroke.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    If I were designing an automatic twist tyeing machine, the twist action would be run by a rack or an air cylinder, so one is twisted CW, the next one is CCW on the return stroke.
    My grandfather designed industrial machinery for a living. He would love the efficiency of your idea. Or maybe he’d say it should just keep spinning one way and not need a reset.

I remember when I was a kid and I found out you could light up a lightbulb without wires in an electrical field. I decided that would be a great way to light a Xmas tree. Put bulbs wherever you want. No wires. Told my dad and he explained two things: 1. How dangerous that was. 2. My grandfather had already down that one Christmas. The joke apparently was you could actually see the cancer growing in the cat under the tree.

I’m annoyed that my adult self doesn’t get a chance to brainstorm crazy ideas with my grandfather. We would definitely fuck some stuff up: houses, ourselves, conventional wisdom, something. Miss the guy.

forking Amber alert coming across my TV but they don't mute the sound on the TV show so you can barely hear it. All I got is that the father who has the children is a mental patient with an AR15. Great.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    mental patient with an AR15
    This doesn't rule out too much of the population of EWA / N Idaho / Montana....

Quote Originally Posted by idahospud View Post
    This doesn't rule out too much of the population of EWA / N Idaho / Montana....
    LOL!! Yeah... they caught him up in Cheney:

Amber Alert: Children found safe in Eastern Washington; parents in custody
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Ran into an old high school buddy, and, we've been reminiscing of sorts. Both of us are kind of pissed that a lot of these rock stars are still alive and even performing. It just isn't fair. I mean, if they start dying tomorrow, which they will, that's cool, because they'll be in their fucking 70s. That's usually the end of the road. Here we are, eating fairly well, stopped smoking, exercising, you know, living healthy, and these guys had all the fun and it didn't kill them. Fuck, David Crosby, just to pick one. How is he still alive? He was the size of a house, and probably did enough cocaine to fill a Cadillac. He sounds good. Fuck, it just isn't fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Fuck, it just isn't fair.
    What's fair has got nothing to do with it.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Sure Benny, It sucks for you that these rock stars that provided us with great music that brightens our day aren't dying fast enough. Have a cheeseburger and a large coke.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    Ran into an old high school buddy, and, we've been reminiscing of sorts. Both of us are kind of pissed that a lot of these rock stars are still alive and even performing. It just isn't fair. I mean, if they start dying tomorrow, which they will, that's cool, because they'll be in their fucking 70s. That's usually the end of the road. Here we are, eating fairly well, stopped smoking, exercising, you know, living healthy, and these guys had all the fun and it didn't kill them. Fuck, David Crosby, just to pick one. How is he still alive? He was the size of a house, and probably did enough cocaine to fill a Cadillac. He sounds good. Fuck, it just isn't fair.
    Wait, David Crosby is still alive?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    If you want to use the return stroke and tie them all the same direction, you can run two lines of wires though that station, in opposite directions. However, it's a solution in search of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    Definitely get that oil sucked out so it's back in the normal range. Then call up the f****** manager of the service department and tell him you want a full refund.
    Dangit. What annoys me more is that I typically don't have it done there. I only had it in there for a radio service and thought while it is was in the shop, might as well get them to change my oil too. Well, that was a mistake.

What also annoys me is the stupid radio that broke on me which brought me to the dealer to begin with. [formerly] Awesome Dynaudio setup in there. Only dealer can service it as it's programmed somehow to the VIN and only they have the right computers to service it, and NO aftermarket head units that I can find. All that super integrated infotainment crap. This is on a Volvo XC70 so you can probably understand how limited my options are here. After some diagnostics, they believe it's the ICM (infotainment control module) that's the culprit. Looking at $1500-1800. No way I'm spending that on this aging worthless car. I have a cross-country trip coming up next week, so looks like I'll be rocking my little bluetooth speaker. Haha. Bummer because the car has the DVD screens built into the back of the headrests for the kiddos and that's totally inop now. Grrrrrr...... Surround sound used to sound incredible in that car! The old THX intro in there? WOOH! Not any more.

Integrated infotainment/radio/climate controls/everything. Volvo led the charge on this front, but now the entire car industry has followed suit. This is the road ahead folks! I always feared that it would be big bucks if (or rather WHEN) this crap would fail. I was right. Not too long before everybody eventually feels my pain on this front. Haha.

The backup camera on my Forester is always getting road grime on it during the winter. Can someone invent a tiny washer/wiper unit for it please? We old people need our backup cameras.
    And how do I convince my wife that the reason you can't turn off the radio while backing up is because Subaru designed it that way and that the dealership can't fix it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Annoying.PNG 
Views:	85 
Size:	140.2 KB 
ID:	305789

^ what's annoying about this?

Ahhhhhhhahahaha. Private school.

Tough gig, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    ^ what's annoying about this?
    Death by a thousand cuts. We pay tuition and "tithe" (mandatory) and they have a hard line directly into my bank account so every month I get a new email about how I have a mandatory donation to make and if I don't provide it in time voluntarily, they directly deduct an additional penalty. I got this email immediately after spending 4 hours of my 50 hour quota of volunteer hours in the rain volunteering for the school. And for every hour of the 50 I cant get done, you know because my wife and I have jobs to pay for all these mandatory voluntary donations, they deduct $75 bucks from my bank account. Its worse than the mafia.

Cue glade and dunfree - guys, this is just shit that annoys me. I know I can send my kids somewhere else and not deal with this shit.