Page 1243 of 1843 FirstFirst ... 1238 1239 1240 1241 1242 1243 1244 1245 1246 1247 1248 ... LastLast
Results 31,051 to 31,075 of 46052
    Quote Originally Posted by rideit View Post
    Broken ribs annoy me.
    Tree root to Superman to barrel roll to elbow to the gut?
    Bummer yo.

Annoyed - shortening days. Winter is nice and all. But man I like the evening sunlight.

I'm a believer in the theory that when on a leash a dog should be by your side, not ahead of you or roaming on a long leash. When they're on the leash they know you're the boss, when they're off the leash they have some freedom. I seem to be in a small minority though. Pain in the ass walking my son's Berner. He doesn't believe in my theory or in any dog training for that matter.

try and teach a dachshund to heel

Bicyclists who hang out right next to the road at a bike lane crossing with no intention of crossing but still causing cars to stop. There’s miles and miles of bike path for you to stop at but right here is the spot for you huh? Right next to the sign telling motorists to stop for you. Fucking morons.

Yesterday two old guys were just sitting in a turn lane all spandisexualed out yacking it up completely ambivalent to the fact that they were blocking motorist trying to turn into a neighborhood.

I know there’s a thread for this too.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    Bicyclists who hang out right next to the road at a bike lane crossing with no intention of crossing but still causing cars to stop. There’s miles and miles of bike path for you to stop at but right here is the spot for you huh? Right next to the sign telling motorists to stop for you. Fucking morons.

Yesterday two old guys were just sitting in a turn lane all spandisexualed out yacking it up completely ambivalent to the fact that they were blocking motorist trying to turn into a neighborhood.

I know there’s a thread for this too.
    They don't just block the cars, they block the other cyclists.
    Yesterday I was hiking down a narrow trail while 2 women are hiking up. I manage to scramble to a precarious position far enough off the trail to avoid giving the cooties to the ladies as they pass--who decide to stop in the trail to chat before they get to me, because apparently what they had to say was too important to say while walking. I finally had to tell them--kindly--to move.

Ordered the final car parts I needed to get my project Audi running right again so I ordered it on Monday to get in time for the weekend in which I FINALLY have a rare opportunity to have the family gone so I can get it done. First window of opportunity like this in almost 5 years. Seriously. Normally the company ships out pretty quick and I get my packages within 2-3 days. They got it out next business day so I thought I'd be good for delivery Th/Fr, but just checked tracking and apparently it's been sitting at the origin shipping facility all freaking week. JUST left today. Not getting it til next week. Dammit FedEx!!!

I've had a few interesting delivery experiences lately. Package companies are swamped. On the plus side I am now the proud owner of a free $500 espresso machine (cheap for the aficionados I know). UPS shows delivered but not at my house. I check the neighborhood, can't find. I call Google Shopping to have UPS search. The next day they give me a full refund, even though I told them I would wait a few days. So I order another from Amazon (the missing one was the last one on Google shopping) Two days later UPS delivers it to my back door (accessed by a different road than the front so they must have delivered to the wrong street originally) The revised tracking shows delivered that day so it wasn't a neighbor delivering it. I ask Google shopping to email me a paid shipping label to send the first one back. They tell me to throw the machine out or give it away. I'm going to contact the merchant to see if they want it back. Otherwise it might show up on TGR.

My annoyance--"classy" cop shows that have constant droning music from start to finish, every episode. It creates an atmosphere of foreboding that should be created by the plot and acting.
    Last edited by old goat; 07-03-2020 at 06:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DBdude View Post
    try and teach a dachshund to heel
    lulz

Marry123 is annoying right now

Quote Originally Posted by Iowagriz View Post
    Marry123 is annoying right now
    I would think it would be great for the parents of the bride being that they won't have to pay big $ for a reception.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    I would think it would be great for the parents of the bride being that they won't have to pay big $ for a reception.
    I have a daughter getting married in 1 year. It's annoying when I want to buy something and I get reminded of the upcoming expenses.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

My niece was getting married 10/20/20; been planning it for a year. Now on hold. I’m a jaded old asshole who just wants to be left alone, but they were so psyched for the whole experience - I feel bad for them. They wanted the whole Holy Roman Empire wedding experience; instead they get a small gathering of family.

Goddamn fireworks. My dogs are all wigged out and panting heavy and beside themselves so the neighbor can blow up $80 out on the street.

This is a stupid fucking tradition.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Goddamn fireworks. My dogs are all wigged out and panting heavy and beside themselves so the neighbor can blow up $80 out on the street.

Yup, for all animals. Fireworks are loud and annoying noise and waste pollution. Especially on our beaches...makes me want to puke seeing the amoint of trash on 7/5.

100%, can't stand that shit. The veterans I've known all said it really messed with them as well.

Hey and you get twice the fireworks in Utah! I flew in from Boston on pioneer day and everyone was looking out the window wondering why there were so many fireworks when it wasn't the 4th.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Pain in the ass walking my son's Berner. He doesn't believe in my theory or in any dog training for that matter.
    My parents had a Berner that they/we ‘’trained’’ when she was a pup. As an adult she was well behaved for the most part. But even into her golden years she would just act weird and occasionally bossy on the leash. Sometimes she’d just stop and sit in the middle of the road when we were crossing the street. Found other Berners that behaved similarly on the leash. I think it’s easy to believe they’re completely trained as they usually behave so well with people and other pets. I found a few tricks and moves I could do with her on the leash that annoyed her enough to get her under some control, but that took a while to figure out.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0142.JPG 
Views:	94 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	333501Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0157.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	868.3 KB 
ID:	333502

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Hey and you get twice the fireworks in Utah! I flew in from Boston on pioneer day and everyone was looking out the window wondering why there were so many fireworks when it wasn't the 4th.
    Don't get me started....

Quote Originally Posted by Dantheman View Post
    Don't get me started....
    I could write a book on my beef with fireworks and how shady our state legislature is regarding them.

Battle rocket wars.
    Black cats.
    Shit that was childhood fun.

Nobody ever had mortars however.
    That shit can kill you.

Tried to buy old fashioned bottle rockets again this year. Can’t get them.
    But I can get shit that can kill me.
    . . .

First one of the day[decent sized one as well] set off about 10 minutes ago.
    Suspicious that last night there was only a couple of small aerials and a few strings of firecrackers.
    Expecting tonight to erupt.

They just started allowing the sale of non-explosive fireworks here and it's so weird to see them in grocery stores. $100 gets you a bunch of sparklers, fountains, and lame rockets. No fun stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by JongDoe View Post
    They just started allowing the sale of non-explosive fireworks here and it's so weird to see them in grocery stores. $100 gets you a bunch of sparklers, fountains, and lame rockets. No fun stuff.

I dug a post hole yesterday, put a corner brace in place, and bolted it to the upright. I planned to fill the hole with quickrete today. But overnight a gopher filled the hole back in. Now I get to take the brace apart, pull it from the hole, and dig it all back out again.

Those little fuckers are thick this year.