Page 1276 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1271 1272 1273 1274 1275 1276 1277 1278 1279 1280 1281 ... LastLast
Results 31,876 to 31,900 of 46293
    Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    US Ski and Snowboard Assn fees. Required for the kiddo's ski racing.

Year 1: $35
    Year 2: $85
    Year 3: $100

Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm supposed to be a baller because my kid's in ski racing. But I'm not. And I'm so tired of being nickel and dimed by this shit.
    #whyisthequestion

And this is coming from someone who specifically came out to watch your daughter race, and giver a high five, and I have her colored in mountain sun whatever you call that drip thingie on my wall when she was just a kid, that gives me inspiration.

But why? I know so so so so so so many ski instructors, and instructors of instructors, and Ski Team instructors, and Ski Team athletes, and elite athletes.

And the question I always ask is, why? Danno, we have skied powwow. Haven't you given enougho?

It's I think a placemat? Obviously I'm not a breeder. But it occupies a good amount of a very small square footage of my life and a lot of my small head.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201022_020454254-02.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	568.3 KB 
ID:	344376
    Last edited by MakersTeleMark; 10-22-2020 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
    Better than gymnastics and you outside. This sport costs a fortune, practice 6days a week and 6 months of meets that are usually out of town Fri-Sun. oh, most of the parents are selfish douchenozzles! Do I sound triggered?
    Man, let me tell ya'll bout show jumping. I'm not the one forking the bill as it is my sister that rides but it is astronomically expensive. Board, vet fees, show fees, trainer fees, truck, trailer, hotels, diesel, and, oh yeah, those animals are expensive as fuck, too. It is driving my old man up the wall.
    swing your fucking sword.

The cost of skiing is rather insignificant compared to luxury yachting. A 60' slip at Port Hurcule in Monaco can go for $US 3-4K a day. I personally preferred the Monaco Yacht Club but father always thought the harbormaster there was a bit of a buffoon.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

So it could be worse, my kiddo could be in competitive show jumping or yacht racing. I feel better already.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    ski racing is fun

and

it’s not
    When my kids were young and in a ski program we were approached about having them join the race team. Being douchbags thinking we had Olympians on our hands we were all in on it.

We hooked up with a dad who had a daughter a few years older than ours in the race program and bounced a few questions off of him.

He asked us if we enjoy skiing WITH our kids, we said yes, he said then don’t put them on the race team you will never ski with them.

Can’t imagine how much $ that guy saved us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MTM, as for why, well, it's a good experience to compete in something, to be part of a team, to work hard at getting better at something. And she wants to, the money sucks and the nickel and diming really sucks, but it's super cool that when we told her we signed her up for ski racing she pumped her fist and said "yes!"
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

You should be grateful she has pedestrian tastes. A bespoke French jumping saddle can cost upwards of $3-5000.

Quote Originally Posted by HD333 View Post
    When my kids were young and in a ski program we were approached about having them join the race team. Being douchbags thinking we had Olympians on our hands we were all in on it.

We hooked up with a dad who had a daughter a few years older than ours in the race program and bounced a few questions off of him.

He asked us if we enjoy skiing WITH our kids, we said yes, he said then don’t put them on the race team you will never ski with them.

Can’t imagine how much $ that guy saved us.
    Truth. My kid competed freestyle A level for last few years and I probably skied 10 runs with him every year. The other downside is when I do ski with him I can't keep up in the bumps or off cliffs. So yeah, we missed a lot of together time.

Just be glad she's not into yacht jumping.
    I still call it The Jake.

I'm on a organization meeting that is boring and it has now been publicized that it's not ok to go feed the ducks.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    I'm on a organization meeting that is boring and it has now been publicized that it's not ok to go feed the ducks.
    News you can use in 2020.
    I still call it The Jake.

It does create water quality problems in public parks, so I'm kinda with them on this. Sorry.

People on a conference call with a smoke detector low battery beep going in the background.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

Is it OK to *eat* the ducks?

Asking for... a friend.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    People on a conference call with a smoke detector low battery beep going in the background.
    Did it wake you up? Mine only starts chirping around 3am. It would suck to have that wake you up mid zoom call.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    It would suck to have that wake you up mid zoom call.
    Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Is it OK to *eat* the ducks?

Asking for... a friend.
    Humane Society says no; Seattle police say meh.

https://komonews.com/news/local/man-...-at-green-lake

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    Ugh, my wife has a few of those calls every day. I hear it and immediately trigger, and start looking for our unit needing a battery. Fuckers. Replace your smoke alarm batteries.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    MTM, as for why, well, it's a good experience to compete in something, to be part of a team, to work hard at getting better at something. And she wants to, the money sucks and the nickel and diming really sucks, but it's super cool that when we told her we signed her up for ski racing she pumped her fist and said "yes!"
    I know this is the "shit that annoys you" thread - but I thought I'd make it opposite Thursday and say - this does NOT annoy me.
    In fact, it's such an awesome thing.

It's really easy to push your kids to do what you like to do. And my father, bless the guy, also always seemed to infer some moral good in his preferred activities. So, I, being really different (personality wise) than the rest of my family - who always wondered if aliens dropped me off there - well, I always really tried to like the same stuff my dad did. But I didn't. And I always felt bad about simply being me. And honestly, I probably do some of the same with my child. I honestly try really hard not to, but it's hard to accomplish well, even if you have good role models.

So, big kudo's to you for watching, caring and being really interested in helping your kids find what *THEY* want to do and encouraging them. That's really important for a ton of reasons!

Is that a euphemism for masturbating during a zoom meeting?

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    I know this is the "shit that annoys you" thread - but I thought I'd make it opposite Thursday and say - this does NOT annoy me.
    In fact, it's such an awesome thing.

It's really easy to push your kids to do what you like to do. And my father, bless the guy, also always seemed to infer some moral good in his preferred activities. So, I, being really different (personality wise) than the rest of my family - who always wondered if aliens dropped me off there - well, I always really tried to like the same stuff my dad did. But I didn't. And I always felt bad about simply being me. And honestly, I probably do some of the same with my child. I honestly try really hard not to, but it's hard to accomplish well, even if you have good role models.

So, big kudo's to you for watching, caring and being really interested in helping your kids find what *THEY* want to do and encouraging them. That's really important for a ton of reasons!
    Thanks! But of course, I may have had just a wee bit of influence on skiing being part of her chosen activity.

I have no ski racing background and didn't push her to racing at all (and in some ways would have preferred that she chose something else), but skiing was not an optional activity as she has been growing up.

I’m annoyed when my kids call me “bruh.” It’s critical, however, that they don’t see my annoyance, or bruh will be the only thing they call me.

(Note that I do correct them when we’re have a serious conversation about school or behavior or shit - “I’m not your bruh I’m your dad.” Which I guess serves as their marker that this is one of those conversations.)
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I’m annoyed when my kids call me “bruh.” It’s critical, however, that they don’t see my annoyance, or bruh will be the only thing they call me.

(Note that I do correct them when we’re have a serious conversation about school or behavior or shit - “I’m not your bruh I’m your dad.” Which I guess serves as their marker that this is one of those conversations.)
    Ha...sounds familiar

My 8 yr old daughter now says "yes ma'am" to everything I say now
    If it's green, smoke it...if it's pink, poke it

BUY THESE------> 193 iM 103 - $50 http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/s...d.php?t=179797

When I was 15 or so I started calling my parents Pépé and Mémé which is grandpa and grandma in French. To mock them for being old since I was a shithead.
    They were annoyed but didn't show it so my sister adopted it. Within a few years some of their friends started using it and now it's their universal nickname. They just became actual grandparents, 22 years after they got the name.
    Beware the long game!

Quote Originally Posted by booner View Post
    My 8 yr old daughter now says "yes ma'am" to everything I say now
    8 yr old and already with the savage burn? Vibes booner.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by frorider View Post
    Is that a euphemism for masturbating during a zoom meeting?
    Yes.

I get this occasionally, and respond with and eyeroll and "OK, Zoomer."