Page 515 of 1849 FirstFirst ... 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 ... LastLast
Results 12,851 to 12,875 of 46221
    I got new rubber on my old 4Runner years ago and it took me walking back to the service bay and watch them take the tires off to prove to him that it didn't have TPS sensors that he was trying to tell me were mandated by law at $18 a piece.

Go fuck yourself asshole.
    I still call it The Jake.

my fucking ten pound dog yappin' at dogs that would tear her to shreds

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    So if you follow the rules then it should be sek-kwim or seh-kwim, not skwim because who are we kidding, s-kwim is never going to be pronounced as two syllables.
    I told you. The E in Sequim is like the per in the pool. We just don't talk about it.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    I told you. The E in Sequim is like the per in the pool. We just don't talk about it.
    Hey, I wasn't the one proposing that we follow some rules.

I dodged a bullet today... some friends invited my wife and I to a cancer walk. I declined, and am instead about to go for a nice run. My wife went, and just sent me this picture of what I'm missing.

So I'm not annoyed at all; quite pleased, in fact. But my wife is VERY annoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    I dodged a bullet today... some friends invited my wife and I to a cancer walk. I declined, and am instead about to go for a nice run. My wife went, and just sent me this picture of what I'm missing.

So I'm not annoyed at all; quite pleased, in fact. But my wife is VERY annoyed.
    Yeah, that's one of those things that might sound like a good idea at first - I mean, because fuck cancer, right? But when you think about it some...

We were walking in the Marina area of SF along the bay. They were setting up for a huge after party for a Susan Komen cancer walk. Bleachers, bandstand, speakers, etc. All paid for by cancer money. (Same goes for Wounded Warriors, which spends a ton on advertising and promotions. Hope for the Warriors does the same thing as Wounded Warriors, without the high non program spending--at least that was true the last time I looked, which was a few years ago.).

Don't get me started on Komen...

Try this: S'quim

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Try this: S'quim
    Maybe when you get the per out of the pool.
    Last edited by mtngirl79; 07-15-2017 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    People who chop out stumps and roots and dig out rocks on trails. I have been working on that corner, and I almost had it and now you ruined it and its fucking easy. Thanks for robbing my success, jerks. There was even a ride around on this one. Is your penis so small that you cant handle not being able to ride something so you have to make it so nobody can? Fuck you. Grrr.
    People chop holds into rock climbs too.

Flip flops. Yeah, I know they shouldn't, but how lazy/self centered/douchey do you have to be to wear these things on a regular basis? Not only that, but, IMHO, wearing them makes you more lazy. You can't just walk around like you can in shoes or even barefoot, you have to scrape your foot along the ground to keep them on. Sorry, but the sound and the ensuing attitude is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

^^ Why the hate?

I work at home, so I'm usually barefoot. Other than running shoes, hiking boots, fishing waders, and cycling shoes, the only thing on my feet all summer are Keen Waimea flip-flops. They have toe protectors; they strengthen my calves because I have to "grip" them with my toes; they require no socks; they're comfy as hell. No need to drag them to keep them on.

Haters gonna hate.

...Keen Waimea flip-flops.

^^^ LOL

More comfy than dress shoes. Or these:

Quote Originally Posted by boarddad View Post
    Flip flops. Yeah, I know they shouldn't, but how lazy/self centered/douchey do you have to be to wear these things on a regular basis? Not only that, but, IMHO, wearing them makes you more lazy. You can't just walk around like you can in shoes or even barefoot, you have to scrape your foot along the ground to keep them on. Sorry, but the sound and the ensuing attitude is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.
    WTF, if it's over 80 and I'm not working you can bet I'm wearing flops.

Never thought we'd need a flip flop trigger warning on this site.

Mandals.

If you cant pull off a simple Rainbow flop you probably shouldn't be wearing flops.

#aboveaverageTGRpost
    I still call it The Jake.

Got turned onto these hangin around here.

Could work for u uppity types.
    ​I am not in your hurry

I wear hiking boots all goddam day, up and down a goddam mountain. Sometimes by day's end of chainsawing in the rain my pruned-to-fuck feet are minutes from sloughing clean off, or spiraling off into some trench foot derivative thereof- If I don't air those puppies out afterwards I won't make it to Wednesday.

Also I just like them. Boo fucking hoo, look at my smashed up Shaq-esque hooves! LOOK AT THEM AND SQUIRM IN THEIR GNAR. HEAR ME APPROACH LIKE A GREAT GUMBY FOAM HORSE GALLOPING AND KNOW THAT ZERO FUCKS SHALL BE GIVEN!!
    "If you limit your choices only to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise." -Robert Fritz

Quote Originally Posted by skifishbum View Post
    not enough nun fisters in that community

i hate flip flops and a lot of sandals. if they have no support they destroy my back and knees if i have to walk any distance, particularly on cement.

Shit that annoys you

I have grown to love flip flops

(As long as they don't become dangerously slide-y when wet)

Chaco flip flops currently doing it for me

Seriously. Who in a ski forum doesn't like flip flops? With all the time my feet spend in ski boots and climbing shoes, flip flops are great for giving the feet a little break.

Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    I wear hiking boots all goddam day, up and down a goddam mountain. Sometimes by day's end of chainsawing in the rain my pruned-to-fuck feet are minutes from sloughing clean off, or spiraling off into some trench foot derivative thereof- If I don't air those puppies out afterwards I won't make it to Wednesday.

Also I just like them. Boo fucking hoo, look at my smashed up Shaq-esque hooves! LOOK AT THEM AND SQUIRM IN THEIR GNAR. HEAR ME APPROACH LIKE A GREAT GUMBY FOAM HORSE GALLOPING AND KNOW THAT ZERO FUCKS SHALL BE GIVEN!!

You should play drums bro. You get good dynamics with that flipfloppy rhythm.

I hate shoes. But if you want to go around long beach in Bermuda shorts, calf length dress sox, and wing tips, knock yourself out. I won't even be annoyed.

^^^ LOL

More comfy than dress shoes. Or these:

But you can ski in those.

Rainbows aren't the greatest thing for my back, but I wear them anyway. My son uses them as approach shoes on stuff that scares me in hiking boots--class 3 slabs, steepish snow, that sort of thing. Chacos and Keens are better for my back but mess up the skin on my heels, so I go back and forth.

I am annoyed by people who name wild animals that hang around the neighborhood. Makes people forget they're wild so they let them keep hanging around, until they break into a house or run off with a toy poodle or wind up dead.

I cannot stand having the thing between my toes. Sandals for me.