Page 1255 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1250 1251 1252 1253 1254 1255 1256 1257 1258 1259 1260 ... LastLast
Results 31,351 to 31,375 of 46293
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    I should mention that a real plumber not only has all the parts, but knows what parts exist, what part is needed in the particular situation, and can sweat pipe. (And a whole bunch of other stuff of course.)
    Hey, man... i know how to sweat pipe. And i ain't no real plumber.

Shit that annoys you

I should mention that a real plumber not only has all the parts, but knows what parts exist, what part is needed in the particular situation, and can sweat pipe. (And a whole bunch of other stuff of course.)
    I need a part to tighten the kitchen faucet nut up under my sink/kitchen counter.....the plumber (young kid) I mistakenly used must of given up....cuz it’s a real tight spot up under there....so he just hand tightened it, and now the kitchen faucet/base moves/is very loose and doesn’t shut off properly.

Sucks...it’s a brand new Delta faucet that the plumber recommended and installed....and now it’s worse than the faucet we replaced..lol. So for the time being, I climb under there...and hand tighten this nut, but I know there’s gotta be a tool they use to tighten it better.

^^^ Basin wrench.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyoverland Captive View Post
    ^^^ Basin wrench.
    Thanks brotha....just looked it up, definitely worth a try.

Glad to help. You can also try this thing:

https://www.lowes.com/pd/IRWIN-3-in-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

If this wrenches don’t work, there’s not much a bfh won’t fix.

Cross post from Bobby’s thread just cause these tool bags annoyed me at least 3 more times today:

I am so fucking sick of these brodozer pickup trucks with 3 foot lifts and oversized blinged out wheels taking up a space and a half everywhere I go that will never see any sort of action bigger than a speed bump.

Fun fact, I was in a parking lot two days ago where one of these very douchedozers was in a standoff with another douchedozer because they were too wide to both fit through the lane in front of a business at the same time.

In my first get off my lawn moment of August I rolled down the window and yelled for one of them to use their manly off road machine and drive on the damned curb so we can all get on with it.
    I still call it The Jake.

there’s some sorta burr in my shirt in the middle of my back and I can’t reach it
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Cross post from Bobby’s thread just cause these tool bags annoyed me at least 3 more times today:

I am so fucking sick of these brodozer pickup trucks with 3 foot lifts and oversized blinged out wheels taking up a space and a half everywhere I go that will never see any sort of action bigger than a speed bump.

Fun fact, I was in a parking lot two days ago where one of these very douchedozers was in a standoff with another douchedozer because they were too wide to both fit through the lane in front of a business at the same time.

In my first get off my lawn moment of August I rolled down the window and yelled for one of them to use their manly off road machine and drive on the damned curb so we can all get on with it.
    Reminds me of this

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    there’s some sorta burr in my shirt in the middle of my back and I can’t reach it
    Pro tip--take off your shirt. (Especially effective if you have matching scars down the middle of your chest and the middle of your back.)

Just checkin in

Checkin in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas89 View Post
    Checkin in.
    This guy annoys me.

Oh plumbing... About a week ago I hop in the shower and the water is tepid. The blinky light on the water heater is off (WH is about 1 year old), I figure the pilot somehow blew out. 5 attempts at re-lighting it later all I get is a series of 7 flashes on the Honeywell control valve. Google tells me that it's code for Gas Control Valve Failure and shows an impressive list of complaints about said valve, reports of known design flaws, blah blah... It's Pie and Beer Day weekend in UT meaning the 2 plumbers I know are busy celebrating their weird jeebus and would probably charge me $300/hr if I managed to convince them to come. There are videos on how to deal with the fix, I figure I'll source the part myself and give it a shot. I called plumbing shops and eventually find the part at the 3rd one, apparently quite a miracle since every plumber buys them by the dozen since they constantly die on people. I get my valve and dive into the project.

I disconnect the gas line and pull the valve controller off. That opens a small hole at the bottom of the WH to access the part that broke, a glass ampule of sorts (gas flow sensor) that fits snuggly in a slot below the tank itself. The opening is maybe 8" by 4" at floor level. I can only get in there with my left hand while laying on the floor with my back against the washer and my head resting on the litter box. There are shards of glass all over the area I'm dragging my hand around and I can't suck them up with the shop vac cause the opening is too small to allow the hose to bend properly. I can get a light in there but it takes serious magic to get it to stay in place and show me something. A wrench fits but I can't really pinch the thing I need to remove and pull it straight up since there's no room to maneuver. My left hand is broken and I can't pinch anything, let alone pinch hard enough to yank something upward. The only solution is to go in with the right hand but given the cramped space I won't be able to get a hand in there while seeing inside. So I flop on my stomach, more or less dislocate my shoulder, and go in blind. Took 10 minutes of wiggling the part to pull it out then another 10 to get the new one in. Backwards. Another 15 minutes to flip it back then reassemble the whole thing.

Right as I wrapped things up and managed to re-light the pilot I get a VM from the plumber saying it would be $300 just to come out. On the following Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    This guy annoys me.

Oh plumbing... About a week ago I hop in the shower and the water is tepid. The blinky light on the water heater is off (WH is about 1 year old), I figure the pilot somehow blew out. 5 attempts at re-lighting it later all I get is a series of 7 flashes on the Honeywell control valve. Google tells me that it's code for Gas Control Valve Failure and shows an impressive list of complaints about said valve, reports of known design flaws, blah blah... It's Pie and Beer Day weekend in UT meaning the 2 plumbers I know are busy celebrating their weird jeebus and would probably charge me $300/hr if I managed to convince them to come. There are videos on how to deal with the fix, I figure I'll source the part myself and give it a shot. I called plumbing shops and eventually find the part at the 3rd one, apparently quite a miracle since every plumber buys them by the dozen since they constantly die on people. I get my valve and dive into the project.

I disconnect the gas line and pull the valve controller off. That opens a small hole at the bottom of the WH to access the part that broke, a glass ampule of sorts (gas flow sensor) that fits snuggly in a slot below the tank itself. The opening is maybe 8" by 4" at floor level. I can only get in there with my left hand while laying on the floor with my back against the washer and my head resting on the litter box. There are shards of glass all over the area I'm dragging my hand around and I can't suck them up with the shop vac cause the opening is too small to allow the hose to bend properly. I can get a light in there but it takes serious magic to get it to stay in place and show me something. A wrench fits but I can't really pinch the thing I need to remove and pull it straight up since there's no room to maneuver. My left hand is broken and I can't pinch anything, let alone pinch hard enough to yank something upward. The only solution is to go in with the right hand but given the cramped space I won't be able to get a hand in there while seeing inside. So I flop on my stomach, more or less dislocate my shoulder, and go in blind. Took 10 minutes of wiggling the part to pull it out then another 10 to get the new one in. Backwards. Another 15 minutes to flip it back then reassemble the whole thing.

Right as I wrapped things up and managed to re-light the pilot I get a VM from the plumber saying it would be $300 just to come out. On the following Monday.
    Actually, it sounds like $300+ might have been worth it.

Classic plumbing home repair story. +++ vibes, man.

Today’s annoyance: The caps on cans of Watco oil (other brands too) that require you to press down on them to get some internal teeth to engage to open them. They sorta work like maybe the first time you open the can, but good luck trying to open them again after they’ve been sitting for a month or 12. I had to use slip-joint (aka channellock) pliers and press down with all my weight on the goddam thing and it still took me ten minutes to get the f’n teak oil can open. I just wish I could use the whole quart or gallon on each project, but how often does that happen?

Finally find an online vendor that has the item I've been looking for in stock. Use their chat function to talk to a rep and confirm stock status. Place the order. Fast forward a few days and get an email "Unexpected problem with your order: We are unable to ship your item as planned. This item typically comes directly from our supplier, and it is on back-order. It will be available in 2-3 months." So, did you have it in stock or not? Thanks for "checking"

Blerg.

So much wrong, so little energy left to deal........

Name:  2020t.png
Views: 373
Size:  275.7 KB
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

If this wasn't already mentioned, it should have been ...... but it's soooooo annoying that it bears repeating:

house cats on a leash being "walked" on the sidewalk, bike path, hiking trail, etc.

I call that animal abuse, but I'm biased as a cat lover.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    If this wasn't already mentioned, it should have been ...... but it's soooooo annoying that it bears repeating:

house cats on a leash being "walked" on the sidewalk, bike path, hiking trail, etc.

I call that animal abuse, but I'm biased as a cat lover.
    I call the 2.4 billion birds free-roaming cats kill every year animal abuse.
    And around here free roaming cats usually wind up as dinner.

Drove past the beach, most parking on the right side facing the beach is huge RVs. Yeah, lets got to the beach and enjoy the outdoors by hanging out inside our trailer! And take up three parking spots rather than one so there's not enough room for everyone else!

I used to live close to there.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Rode the motorcycles up a local peak yesterday on 4wd trails. Signs advising people to stay on the road, and off the tundra everywhere. Stopped for a break on top and some dude in a new Chevy CO comes blasting over the hill, totally off the road spinning tires and almost runs into us. We are like "WTF are you doing dickbag?" and his reply is "I live here". "So do we, didn't you see the signs?" He says "Such is life" and drives off. Hauling ass all over the other roads in the area and driving aggressively around all the other trail users.

Really wish I would have put a rock through his windshield. Regrets... they are annoying.

Fuck ‘em, forward that cell phone picture to the relevant authorities...

Sous vide or grilled? What sides go with cat?

And what of all the bird on bird killing?
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Pet birds?
    Otherwise irrelevant.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app

...Remember, those who think Global Warming is Fake, also think that Adam & Eve were Real...