Page 1205 of 1205 FirstFirst ... 1200 1201 1202 1203 1204 1205
Results 30,101 to 30,106 of 30106
    I fucking love spider rolls, though.
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    It actually reminded me of the Beaver Inn in Bham.
    Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    That is quite probably the first time a sushi place has ever been compared to The Beaver. I have fond memories of that bar.
    The Beaver ain't the Beaver anymore. For starters, it changed hands __? number of years ago. Then it moved to Holly St next door to the Horseshoe. Then the owners bought the Horseshoe as well. Both are "cleaned up". The Beaver is now more the idea of a dive bar, than an actual one. Craft IPAs are sipped from micro brewery logo'd glasses.

In other bar news, I was in The Shakedown - formerly known as the 3B - recently, and was happy to see how little it's changed.

Name:  sdb.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  142.6 KB

Fuck me. The Horseshoe got cleaned up? I'm sure I didnt even see it in its glory days, but wow. I heard the Up and Up is no more as well?

Yeah the Up & Up (and Rudy's) closed last summer. There was a really tragic incident involving one of the patrons that I won't get into, and I think Steve had just had enough.

Change is inevitable I guess, especially in a little college town. I haven't frequented any of those spots in almost 20 years but still have fond memories. Glad we can turn a complaint about a sushi place in Vail into a drunken stumble down memory lane in Bellingham.

There are multiple people in the office right now on the same conference call, listening in on separate un-muted speakerphones and sitting close enough together that the phones are echoing off one another. No idea how they can have a productive conversation with all that fucking noise.