Page 393 of 1850 FirstFirst ... 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 ... LastLast
Results 9,801 to 9,825 of 46232
    I am annoyed by people who drive in the dusk or rain or fog or snowstorm or gloamings of any sort without headlights.

You can naturally select yourself, but please leave me out of it.

Then again, I am annoyed by the unnecessarily bright headlights so in vogue today. But not so much as no headlights.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    I am annoyed by people who drive in the dusk or rain or fog or snowstorm or gloamings of any sort without headlights.

Then again, I am annoyed by the unnecessarily bright headlights so in vogue today. But not so much as no headlights.
    And people that don't bother to clear snow off their head/taillights when they drive in the aforementioned conditions or at night.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    And people that don't bother to clear snow off their head/taillights when they drive in the aforementioned conditions or at night.
    Or the roofs of their cars.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Or the roofs of their cars.
    Here we go again...
    I see hydraulic turtles.

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Here we go again...
    During a storm when you're driving 25, no problem (as long as you at least cleared your windows and mirrors. Once it's clear and you're driving 65---woman was killed here a few years ago by snow coming off another car's roof. You can't deal with that, move to Florida. And while we're at it--don't blow the snow in your driveway into an already plowed street.

I'm with you goat. Here in the valley, it seems like people think it's cool to drive down from the hills after a storm with 2 foot of snow on their roof. To not understand how incredibly dangerous that is boggles my mind.

And you reminded me of something that REALLY annoys the shit out of me. People who blow their lawn clipping and leaves into the street. #1 it's illegal because it clogs the storm drains, but moreover, when the fuck did the public right of way become a space you can just move shit you don't want to?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    It's still going. Fuck.
    Sunday I did yard work, went to the gym and then came home. Listened to music for legitimately 3 hours. On the way home from the gym stern was doing a bit about how nickelback sucks. So what's stuck in my head? Nickelback.

The way I got it out was repeatedly singing Catholic Girls; specifically the line "with a tongue like a cow she could make you go wow". It worked.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post

And you reminded me of something that REALLY annoys the shit out of me. People who blow their lawn clipping and leaves into the street. #1 it's illegal because it clogs the storm drains, but moreover, when the fuck did the public right of way become a space you can just move shit you don't want to?
    In my 'hood, it's the Republican zealots who consistently dump their yard waste onto neighbors woods, respect for private property and all.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Their rationale: You ain't using it and it good for the animals.
    Did the last unsatisfied fat soccer mom you took to your mom's basement call you a fascist? -irul&ublo
    Don't Taze me bro.

Dumb fucks who drive with their fog lights on when visibility is not impaired. They do not help with visibility. The added light only increases glare making visibility worse for all driving towards them.

Turn them off unless it's foggy, snowing or raining. Dumb fucks.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Sunday I did yard work, went to the gym and then came home. Listened to music for legitimately 3 hours. On the way home from the gym stern was doing a bit about how nickelback sucks. So what's stuck in my head? Nickelback.

The way I got it out was repeatedly singing Catholic Girls; specifically the line "with a tongue like a cow she could make you go wow". It worked.
    When are we going to hang?

In my 'hood, it's the Republican zealots who consistently dump their yard waste onto neighbors woods, respect for private property and all.
    If you're not dumping your fall cleanup just across the property line that hasn't been visited by Ned Flanders on the other side for years, then you're not living dangerously enough.
    I still call it The Jake.

Looks like we got us a badass over here.
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    Looks like we got us a badass over here.
    You have no idea.

5 years of leaves 1 foot over the property line.

Come at me bro.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    When are we going to hang?
    I'll be out the first week of feb and planned to be out there with you in March (once we know the schedule for bachelor week). My kid is in a comp at Revy the second week of January and I'll go unless conditions here radically improve. Or we can just meet in Worcester and drink.

I'll ping you when the sun comes up.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Or we can just meet in Worcester and drink.
    Dibs. PM rontele. Garnish his wages. Check the spare. Grab popcorn.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post

In Sacramento during leaf season people pile their leaves in the street for "The Claw" to pick up. With the aforementioned plugged drains and flooded streets unless people get out in the rain and clear the drains. And for some unfathomable reason some people have decided that leaf piles are a good place for plastic bags of dog shit.

Around here fog lights are the only way to see the barely visible lane lines and shoulder lines, which seem to be repainted in the fall about a week before the plows start scraping them off.

Speaking of lane lines, Alpine Meadows has pink lane lines and parking lot lines. I guess they were supposed to be red but turned out pink.

trying to get more into cooking cause I'm tired of eating the same old stuff...
    and realizing that I know fuckall about cooking.
    reading recipes right now and I don't even know where to get half of this shit, it could take hours

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    reading recipes right now and I don't even know where to get half of this shit, it could take hours
    What kind of "shit" is it you need to get? Ingredients or implements?

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    This suggestion will probably be met with disdain from the good cooks here but i am in the same boat as you.
    Eat same meals, kinda over it/want to branch out but not easy to choose recipe, get random ingredients etc.
    So we have been using the meal services occasionally- blue apron etc and really really have been enjoying it. They send you EXACTLY everything you need for the meal (aside from olive oil and salt and pepper) so there's no brain work going to the grocery store etc
    (Side note i fucking hate going to the grocery store - must be done several time a wk but the extra effort to find some random ingredient for a recipe annoys me)
    They spell out exactly which size to chop etc/ good pictures and there's no assuming you know shit about cooking like with other recipes

It's not cheap but also not that much more than shopping for 2 people and wasting the weird extra ingredients that you have to buy bc you need like 1 carrot for the recipe and having the stuff right there also helps us to not go out and eat (which costs a lot more)

Didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as we have. We have made some dope ass dinners recently that never thot we'd be able to accomplish so in a way it also boosts your confidence as a cook
    skid luxury

You know what's annoying? Every time I make Szechuan chicken and cabbage I can never get the chicken pieces as thin/juicy/perfectly tender as any cheap Chinese carryout, much less a great Szechuan place.

Don't tell me, it's not chicken is it.

Still raking on December, 12th. I just raked for the 4th time this year. Trees still probably have 20% of their leaves. Wtf. Fall off already. I need a good windstorm to scour them and send them down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    You know what's annoying? Every time I make Szechuan chicken and cabbage I can never get the chicken pieces as thin/juicy/perfectly tender as any cheap Chinese carryout, much less a great Szechuan place.

Don't tell me, it's not chicken is it.
    Drive around the restaurant neighborhood and look for stray animals, your answer you will find.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Still raking on December, 12th. I just raked for the 4th time this year. Trees still probably have 20% of their leaves. Wtf. Fall off already. I need a good windstorm to scour them and send them down the road.
    I've got a foot of snow on the ground, had several wind storms and still there are leaves and dingle balls on my Sycamore trees.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    This suggestion will probably be met with disdain from the good cooks here but i am in the same boat as you.
    Eat same meals, kinda over it/want to branch out but not easy to choose recipe, get random ingredients etc.
    So we have been using the meal services occasionally- blue apron etc and really really have been enjoying it. They send you EXACTLY everything you need for the meal (aside from olive oil and salt and pepper) so there's no brain work going to the grocery store etc
    (Side note i fucking hate going to the grocery store - must be done several time a wk but the extra effort to find some random ingredient for a recipe annoys me)
    They spell out exactly which size to chop etc/ good pictures and there's no assuming you know shit about cooking like with other recipes

It's not cheap but also not that much more than shopping for 2 people and wasting the weird extra ingredients that you have to buy bc you need like 1 carrot for the recipe and having the stuff right there also helps us to not go out and eat (which costs a lot more)

Didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as we have. We have made some dope ass dinners recently that never thot we'd be able to accomplish so in a way it also boosts your confidence as a cook
    Seen a couple of consumer report/news stories on the various prepackage dinner services and they all get pretty good ratings.