Page 1161 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 ... LastLast
Results 29,001 to 29,025 of 30079
    ^ Cute.
    And I guess that I just don't know

My company changing my schedule from 4x10 to 5x8 eliminating 1/3 of my ski/fish/bike days.

FUUUUUUCK
    YOOOOOOUU
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by happytimefunbox View Post
    My company changing my schedule from 4x10 to 5x8 eliminating 1/3 of my ski/fish/bike days.

FUUUUUUCK
    YOOOOOOUU
    That blows. Nothing you can do about it I take it?

Hell, I work 5x10 and get paid for 5 x 8.

FUUUUUUCK
    YOOOOOOUU
    Just refuse the change? If my company eliminated our WfH benefit, I'd almost surely find something else...

FUUUUUUCK
    YOOOOOOUU
    FOOOK THAT!
    I left my previous job less than 2 months after they made me give up my 4-10s. Took me 3 years to get the schedule and I had it for less than a year before going back to 5-10s basically. I asked my boss for 3-13s at some point and she thought I was joking. She never understood that to me a day at work is a day ruined and I'd rather spend a few extra hours there if it gives me extra days off...

Quote Originally Posted by ULLRismyco-pilot View Post
    Wife asked me to help fix the dryer yesterday. Of course I immediately dropped a pencil in it and couldn't get it out without tearing the whole thing apart. Hour later, after talking to customer service, come to find out that the child lock was on and that was all that was wrong with it. Ugh!
    Always thought this was hilarious.

If auto makers are going to continue to produce crappy little front wheel drive cars that get stuck in a few inches of snow, at least they could install sufficient recovery hooks underneath so I can tow them out instead of risking everyone’s health thrying to push the thing up an icy hill.

Or better yet, not underneath since the front fairing is 2 inches off the ground. How about a flip out compartment with a hook about a foot off the ground?

Name:  03A5FC30-A411-4121-A774-B6145CEECC45.jpeg
Views: 237
Size:  23.8 KB

satan approves.....

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    They have belay skirts now too.

Attachment 303868
    Is that a grigri in your skirt or are you just happy to see me?

Not going to lie, I've seen girls wearing those at the ice park in Ouray and all it elicited from me was jealousy. A puffy skirt would make belaying ice significantly less shitty...

Shit that annoys you

I share a driveway with my next door neighbor. It’s a dumb setup and is just begging for disputes.

We had a snow storm today. 10-16” of wet heavy snow. Closed work early. Came home to the neighbor’s boyfriend and 4 teen boys shoveling the snow from their side into my side. They were parked all a cluster and there were massive piles of snow in my driveway and I couldn’t actually park my car anywhere, so I just stopped in the street, got out, and asked them what the actual fuck was going on? (I think what I actually said was “hey guys........... what’s up?”)

They said something about how they figured they’d move the snow across my driveway to the front of my house, which, honestly, isn’t terrible thinking other than it isn’t THEIR fucking house.... but given the layout there aren’t a lot of good places to put the snow. Mind you, we get 200”+ year and the piles we make today won’t melt until April, so it is long range planning going on here.... so even if it makes sense, fuck that because where am I going to put snow in February?

Anyways. Ok. Sure. I tell them let me get my kids and groceries inside and I’ll grab a shovel and help them. I walk out not 2 minutes later after shoving the frozen stuff in the freezer and changing into my shell and grabbing some gloves and putting on boots and the guy barks at me to move my car. Whatever, I get in and drive it around the block. He tries to follow in his lifted truck with a plow and apparently gets stuck (didn’t see it happen, he was just no longer behind me at one point). I end up back at my house. Park as out of the way as I can, and grab my shovel. The 4 teen boys are gone. The guy finally shows up, says he got stuck. I offer to try to pull him out with my car (allroad with snow tires and a hitch) and he says it’ll never work. Whatever. He says he called a wrecker. Ok.

Then he walks off to what I presume was his truck. I yell after him and ask him where all the kids went?? He says he doesn’t know. At this point I’m starting to get a little hot. Motherfuckers doubled the already considerable amount of snow I need to move and none of it’s his problem? So I yell what In the actual fuck?! (Literally what I yelled). He shrugs and leaves. I don’t see any of them again.

My driveway is clear now. I’m tired. And pissed. And plotting my revenge.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    I share a driveway with my next door neighbor. It’s a dumb setup and is just begging for disputes.

We had a snow storm today. 10-16” of wet heavy snow. Closed work early. Came home to the neighbor’s boyfriend and 4 teen boys shoveling the snow from their side into my side. They were parked all a cluster and there were massive piles of snow in my driveway and I couldn’t actually park my car anywhere, so I just stopped in the street, got out, and asked them what the actual fuck was going on? (I think what I actually said was “hey guys........... what’s up?”)

They said something about how they figured they’d move the snow across my driveway to the front of my house, which, honestly, isn’t terrible thinking other than it isn’t THEIR fucking house.... but given the layout there aren’t a lot of good places to put the snow. Mind you, we get 200”+ year and the piles we make today won’t melt until April, so it is long range planning going on here.... so even if it makes sense, fuck that because where am I going to put snow in February?

Anyways. Ok. Sure. I tell them let me get my kids and groceries inside and I’ll grab a shovel and help them. I walk out not 2 minutes later after shoving the frozen stuff in the freezer and changing into my shell and grabbing some gloves and putting on boots and the guy barks at me to move my car. Whatever, I get in and drive it around the block. He tries to follow in his lifted truck with a plow and apparently gets stuck (didn’t see it happen, he was just no longer behind me at one point). I end up back at my house. Park as out of the way as I can, and grab my shovel. The 4 teen boys are gone. The guy finally shows up, says he got stuck. I offer to try to pull him out with my car (allroad with snow tires and a hitch) and he says it’ll never work. Whatever. He says he called a wrecker. Ok.

Then he walks off to what I presume was his truck. I yell after him and ask him where all the kids went?? He says he doesn’t know. At this point I’m starting to get a little hot. Motherfuckers doubled the already considerable amount of snow I need to move and none of it’s my problem? So I yell what In the actual fuck?! (Literally what I yelled). He shrugs and leaves. I don’t see any of them again.

My driveway is clear now. I’m tired. And pissed. And plotting my revenge.
    I'm totally in for chapter 2 of this saga. Please update with revenge sequence when that occurs.

Shit that annoys you

There’s no chapter 2. I’m not going to start a feud with my next door neighbors. Next time I see them I’m going to tell them not to put snow on my side. Figure it the fuck out.

There’s backstory here.... I shoveled her and her daughter out for a year and a half with zero thanks and zero reciprocity. I finally stopped halfway through last year, and suddenly they realized the snow removal was a problem, I guess.... the last half of last year was it’s own special shit show in re this. I posted about it here somewhere. Probably in this thread.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post
    If auto makers are going to continue to produce crappy little front wheel drive cars that get stuck in a few inches of snow, at least they could install sufficient recovery hooks underneath so I can tow them out instead of risking everyone’s health thrying to push the thing up an icy hill.

Or better yet, not underneath since the front fairing is 2 inches off the ground. How about a flip out compartment with a hook about a foot off the ground?
    Don't most cars have a spot for the tow hook in the front and rear?

There’s no chapter 2. I’m not going to start a feud with my next door neighbors. Next time I see them I’m going to tell them not to put snow on my side. Figure it the fuck out.

There’s backstory here.... I shoveled her and her daughter out for a year and a half with zero thanks and zero reciprocity. I finally stopped halfway through last year, and suddenly they realized the snow removal was a problem, I guess.... the last half of last year was it’s own special shit show in re this. I posted about it here somewhere. Probably in this thread.
    I'm not gonna lie. Kinda disappointed there's no chapter 2. I remember the old thread, so maybe that would be chapter 3...

Quote Originally Posted by The Tortoise View Post
    Don't most cars have a spot for the tow hook in the front and rear?
    This ^^^ it's usually in with the tire wrench, pop open the little door in the bumper and screw it in.

I remember Mustonens story from last winter, these skels need to shovel their own shit.
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

C’mon - dog shit, door handles. Right?
    And I guess that I just don't know

Word.

Needing an MRI after having one for the other knee 10 days ago.
    Grumble.
    StokePimpin' ain't easy

Quote Originally Posted by Rideski View Post

My wife’s old VW had a hook you would screw into a hole in the front bumper. Pretty smart actually

Quote Originally Posted by dunfree View Post
    It's from this cookbook https://www.runningpress.com/titles/...9780762458295/

the various samosa recipes end up being tasty meat or fruit pies too.
    No shit!?! Asha Gomez' restaurant here in ATL, Cardamom Hill, was truly remarkable. Fine dining Indian that focused on different regions.

She's done a couple more casual concepts since, but is one hell of a chef. Nice find there.

To quote Paul Harvey, this was Page 2. After this message from Cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiCAL..................

PAGE 3.

(can't wait)

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    This ^^^ it's usually in with the tire wrench, pop open the little door in the bumper and screw it in.

I remember Mustonens story from last winter, these skels need to shovel their own shit.
    Yup, 2x2 panel hides the universal screw tow hook receptacle. For some reason tuner fanbois like to sport it year-round as if having to get hauled out of the wall is some kind of shitty-driver badge of honor.

Name:  61JGFRrtMjL._SX466_.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  26.2 KB
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    For some reason tuner fanbois like to sport it year-round as if having to get hauled out of the wall is some kind of shitty-driver badge of honor.
    Maybe for some, but some of us just lose them.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Yup, 2x2 panel hides the universal screw tow hook receptacle. For some reason tuner fanbois like to sport it year-round as if having to get hauled out of the wall is some kind of shitty-driver badge of honor.
    I was getter mine towed enough at one point that I thought about just leaving the cap off all the time. But then a tow driver solved my problem by losing it for me. Buying another piece of 5’’x5’’ plastic was something like 50 bucks and they came unpainted. So I have a constant bug catcher on the front now. Which is nice.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Interesting. See if I thought of it first, it could go in the million dollar idea thread, but alas.
    It was my neighbor’s brother”s rental car. I asked loudly if it had a recovery hook and nobody found it. We pushed it out and they parked it in a better spot, I’ll see if it’s still out there tomorrow. Didn’t even really look what car it was. Def no snow tires, bastard rental companies.