Page 423 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 ... LastLast
Results 10,551 to 10,575 of 29793

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    When are we going to hang?
    I'll be out the first week of feb and planned to be out there with you in March (once we know the schedule for bachelor week). My kid is in a comp at Revy the second week of January and I'll go unless conditions here radically improve. Or we can just meet in Worcester and drink.

I'll ping you when the sun comes up.

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Or we can just meet in Worcester and drink.
    Dibs. PM rontele. Garnish his wages. Check the spare. Grab popcorn.
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post

And you reminded me of something that REALLY annoys the shit out of me. People who blow their lawn clipping and leaves into the street. #1 it's illegal because it clogs the storm drains, but moreover, when the fuck did the public right of way become a space you can just move shit you don't want to?
    In Sacramento during leaf season people pile their leaves in the street for "The Claw" to pick up. With the aforementioned plugged drains and flooded streets unless people get out in the rain and clear the drains. And for some unfathomable reason some people have decided that leaf piles are a good place for plastic bags of dog shit.

Around here fog lights are the only way to see the barely visible lane lines and shoulder lines, which seem to be repainted in the fall about a week before the plows start scraping them off.

Speaking of lane lines, Alpine Meadows has pink lane lines and parking lot lines. I guess they were supposed to be red but turned out pink.

trying to get more into cooking cause I'm tired of eating the same old stuff...
    and realizing that I know fuckall about cooking.
    reading recipes right now and I don't even know where to get half of this shit, it could take hours

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    reading recipes right now and I don't even know where to get half of this shit, it could take hours
    What kind of "shit" is it you need to get? Ingredients or implements?

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by east or bust View Post
    This suggestion will probably be met with disdain from the good cooks here but i am in the same boat as you.
    Eat same meals, kinda over it/want to branch out but not easy to choose recipe, get random ingredients etc.
    So we have been using the meal services occasionally- blue apron etc and really really have been enjoying it. They send you EXACTLY everything you need for the meal (aside from olive oil and salt and pepper) so there's no brain work going to the grocery store etc
    (Side note i fucking hate going to the grocery store - must be done several time a wk but the extra effort to find some random ingredient for a recipe annoys me)
    They spell out exactly which size to chop etc/ good pictures and there's no assuming you know shit about cooking like with other recipes

It's not cheap but also not that much more than shopping for 2 people and wasting the weird extra ingredients that you have to buy bc you need like 1 carrot for the recipe and having the stuff right there also helps us to not go out and eat (which costs a lot more)

Didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as we have. We have made some dope ass dinners recently that never thot we'd be able to accomplish so in a way it also boosts your confidence as a cook
    skid luxury

You know what's annoying? Every time I make Szechuan chicken and cabbage I can never get the chicken pieces as thin/juicy/perfectly tender as any cheap Chinese carryout, much less a great Szechuan place.

Don't tell me, it's not chicken is it.
    I still call it The Jake.

Still raking on December, 12th. I just raked for the 4th time this year. Trees still probably have 20% of their leaves. Wtf. Fall off already. I need a good windstorm to scour them and send them down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    You know what's annoying? Every time I make Szechuan chicken and cabbage I can never get the chicken pieces as thin/juicy/perfectly tender as any cheap Chinese carryout, much less a great Szechuan place.

Drive around the restaurant neighborhood and look for stray animals, your answer you will find.

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Still raking on December, 12th. I just raked for the 4th time this year. Trees still probably have 20% of their leaves. Wtf. Fall off already. I need a good windstorm to scour them and send them down the road.
    I've got a foot of snow on the ground, had several wind storms and still there are leaves and dingle balls on my Sycamore trees.

Quote Originally Posted by b-bear View Post
    This suggestion will probably be met with disdain from the good cooks here but i am in the same boat as you.
    Eat same meals, kinda over it/want to branch out but not easy to choose recipe, get random ingredients etc.
    So we have been using the meal services occasionally- blue apron etc and really really have been enjoying it. They send you EXACTLY everything you need for the meal (aside from olive oil and salt and pepper) so there's no brain work going to the grocery store etc
    (Side note i fucking hate going to the grocery store - must be done several time a wk but the extra effort to find some random ingredient for a recipe annoys me)
    They spell out exactly which size to chop etc/ good pictures and there's no assuming you know shit about cooking like with other recipes

It's not cheap but also not that much more than shopping for 2 people and wasting the weird extra ingredients that you have to buy bc you need like 1 carrot for the recipe and having the stuff right there also helps us to not go out and eat (which costs a lot more)

Didn't think I'd enjoy it as much as we have. We have made some dope ass dinners recently that never thot we'd be able to accomplish so in a way it also boosts your confidence as a cook
    Seen a couple of consumer report/news stories on the various prepackage dinner services and they all get pretty good ratings.

Back when I used to shovel sidewalks aeons of time ago, I remember one neighbor of a client who used to come out and yell at me for shoveling snow onto their lawn.
    Not so much annoying as amazing in a desperate kind of way.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post

It's all about the velvet, man.
    http://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Velvet-Chicken/

Quote Originally Posted by alias_rice View Post
    Happening here too. Globalz warminz...

Hmm, I had heard about that option but never really followed up with the research. I thought it would be mad $$$. Probably my least favorite part of shopping for ingredients, I live alone and cannot eat all the stuff before it goes bad.. I'm all about leftovers but not leftovers of the same meal for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Have you not had any issues with spoilage with delivery? I've thought about trying these out, but have worried about stuff going bad since it always seems to take an extra day for things to be delivered over here, especially if delivery is UPS. They're the worst. Fed Ex is a little more reliable and our local post office - your lucky if it actually arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by GiBo View Post
    Now that is the best thing I've learned today. Thanks!
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bjenny View Post
    Have you not had any issues with spoilage with delivery? I've thought about trying these out, but have worried about stuff going bad since it always seems to take an extra day for things to be delivered over here, especially if delivery is UPS. They're the worst. Fed Ex is a little more reliable and our local post office - your lucky if it actually arrives.
    I did Blue Apron for a while. They probably only offer it in places where they can guarantee a delivery date, but I never had any spoilage issues. They pack it in a big foil lined bag with numerous ice packs. Every now and then we got something wilted, but for the most part it was all fresh. And if something was spoiled, customer service was stellar (they would credit you for the meal, even if the wilted item didn't keep you from cooking the meal).
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin

Yeah. Did blue apron over the summer. Would sit on the front porch all afternoon, but everything inside would be icy still. Used those big ice packs for our camping cooler a few times.

The main dishes are really good, but the side veggies got kind of repetitive. Saved the recipe cards for our favorites and we make them sometimes ourselves.

Good to know! I've gone back & forth on giving them a try. Blue Apron, plus a few others that I've looked at all show that they will deliver here. Maybe I'll try after the holidays.

Frozen pipes
    ::.:..::::.::.:.::..::.

Use it to develop a skill. Sticking a pantry is not all that hard. I made my family of three pizza and salad for dinner last night from non perishables and some veggies I had in the house. Food cost was under $5. And it was easy. Caveat, I was a chef for years and spent my life working around food.

With a well stocked pantry, you can plan your meals for the week and shop once.

this question: "Where's your coat?"
    Motherfucker if I'm cold I'll put on a coat. In the meantime mind your own business.

Are you 12? Do adults get asked this? Where are your mittens btw? You'll be late for school.

You'll catch a cold.