Page 1514 of 1849 FirstFirst ... 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 ... LastLast
Results 37,826 to 37,850 of 46225
    Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Ironically. Or not.

I’d rather do business with bible thumpers.

They tend not to fuck you over.
    Yeah. You have to tolerate their holiness. But you can take their money.
    I had a Bible thumper HVAC guy try to pull a bait and switch on a furnace install for me. They thump the bible precisely so rubes like you think they're more honest.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Amish Built! What a scam

Ironically. Or not.

Yeah. You have to tolerate their holiness. But you can take their money.
    OMG. I've been cheated more times than I can count by people who claim to be good Christians. The minute you hear them mention that they are good Christians warning bells should be going off. Serious.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Walking out of the lumber yard and just as I got to my rig, stepped in a dogshit. Fucking assholes.
    At least there were a few water filled potholes to clean the tread out.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Good brats usually come in packs of 4 or for some reason, 5. Occasionally 6. Buns come in 6 or 8. You are almost always left with extra of one or the other and if you're like me and hate throwing food away you end up buying more of each to avoid that which only perpetuates the cycle. It's annoying.
    I get good brats at the butcher shop. They’re made there and sold by the pound so you just order however many you want.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Amish Built! What a scam
    They do build shit. A friend lives in Amish country and had them come by and build a few things for him and he's been impressed by the quality and price. But, if you live in VT and there's no Amish around, then the provenance becomes harder to prove?
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    What, like overturning Roe v. Wade?
    Touche acknowledged.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    OMG. I've been cheated more times than I can count by people who claim to be good Christians. The minute you hear them mention that they are good Christians warning bells should be going off. Serious.

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    Maybe the dumbest shit I've ever read on the TGRz. You haven't done much business in Utah it seems? They have a million and one ways to justify their shadiness in business practices. Especially if you aren't of the flock.
    "If you're doing business with a religious son-of-a-bitch, get it in writing
    His word isn't worth shit, not with the good lord telling him how to fuck you on the deal
    Words of advice for young people "

- William Burroughs
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    His word isn't worth shit, not with the good lord telling him how to fuck you on the deal

- William Burroughs
    He was not wrong.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Amish Built! What a scam
    What happened to that barn thread?!

Shit That Annoys You

Waiting on the fridge repair guy. Fifth service call for those keeping track, Fuck LG.

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Waiting on the fridge repair guy. Fifth service call for those keeping track, Fuck LG.
    Been there but only for 3 calls. I’m sure I’ll catch up next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    They do build shit. A friend lives in Amish country and had them come by and build a few things for him and he's been impressed by the quality and price. But, if you live in VT and there's no Amish around, then the provenance becomes harder to prove?
    Mennonites in Wolcott build sheds. That's provenance you can prove. That's Lamoille County as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Been there but only for 3 calls. I’m sure I’ll catch up next year.
    Next year?! You'll need to hurry it up some. This is the fifth call since last November. For a fridge purchased new last June. ffs lol

Next year?! You'll need to hurry it up some. This is the fifth call since last November. For a fridge purchased new last June. ffs lol
    last November was last year.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

And yet it wasn't a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    There is a proper thread in polyass. I never venture over there, but checked, and there has been a long-standing one. The issue deserves its own thread, and it would have ended there anyway.
    I was wondering that in my barely awake slumber. Thx

Edited: it still f'ing annoys me

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

- William Burroughs
    I quit a steady job and moved to work for a dude who less than a month later tells me:

"The lord told me I need to move to California."
    Best regards, Terry
    (Direct Contact is best vs PMs)

SlideWright.com
    Ski, Snowboard & Tools, Wax and Wares
    Repair, Waxing, Tuning, Mounting Tips & more
    Add TGR handle to notes & paste 5% TGR Discount code during checkout: 1121TGR

Shit that annoys you

Quote Originally Posted by Alpinord View Post
    I quit a steady job and moved to work for a dude who less than a month later tells me:

"The lord told me I need to move to California."
    So he packed up his bags and moved to Beverly.

Hills that is.

Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    If we're gonna wear uniforms, we should all wear somethin' different!

- William Burroughs
    Just start quoting the bible to them or better yet ask them if they know what the bible says about making a display of faith:

Matthew 6:1 “Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven.

Oh... and just to get back to the funny:

10 ROCK ACTS INSPIRED BY WILLIAM S BURROUGHS
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Office Space that bastard! 😆

Ironically. Or not.

I've found them to be at least as likely to fuck you over as anyone.

When I was a med student on an anesthesia rotation I was working with an older, Hungarian anesthesiologist. We had an awake patient in the prep room putting in lines for a big operation when the doc asks me, in front of the patient, if I believed in god. I said no. God must not have minded because the patient did fine, but I wonder what she thought about it. That was annoying.

As an intern, the chief of cardiac surgery, who operated about once a month, was doing a case on a very small infant. There was a problem and the surgeon asked all of us to pray for the child. I didn't, but god must not have minded because the baby did ok. I guess enough other people prayed. That wasn't annoying. More like terrifying.

The evangelical Christian Romanians who redid our kitchen did a fine job, especially the granite guy, and charged us what they said they would charge us. One call back which they didn't charge us for, and came the same day. IME the correlation between what people believe in and how they conduct their personal lives is zero.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    IME the correlation between what people believe in and how they conduct their personal lives is zero.
    True but I'm specifically speaking to those who make a big deal about telling you what a good Christian they are then screw you over. Had it happen a couple times now I just walk away when I hear that shtick because you're right... it has nothing to do with anything so why tell me unless you're trying to set me up to trust you so you can be dishonest.

Shit that annoys you

I think if you need the promise of heaven to do the right thing, then maybe you aren’t a good person. And, if you need to go around telling everyone how good and Christian you are, you’re probably not either.

Most of the worst people I’ve ever met spent a lot of time pretending to be perfect. On the flip side, some of the most kind, generous, and good people I know are godless, unmarried, pot smoking, childless heathens.