Page 1710 of 1842 FirstFirst ... 1705 1706 1707 1708 1709 1710 1711 1712 1713 1714 1715 ... LastLast
Results 42,726 to 42,750 of 46041
    Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post

At least the Memorial Day sales are still active… but of course the dryer will have to match…

Nah... mine haven't matched for years and they work just fine.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I'm guessing that the reason for the "have to match" would be posted in this thread.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I'm guessing that the reason for the "have to match" would be posted in this thread.
    Actually, her wanting to look fine and feel fine, I’m ok with that.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Scored a nice six foot teak table with leaves that way last weekend. It's weathered and grey so will need to be refinished, but otherwise there's nothing wrong with it. Free shit is the best shit.
    Are you going to put it inside? If you’re leaving it outside just leave it alone, the weathered grey looks good and requires no care. Refinish it and you’ll have to maintain it.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Are you going to put it inside? If you’re leaving it outside just leave it alone, the weathered grey looks good and requires no care. Refinish it and you’ll have to maintain it.
    Yup. That's what teak does best.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

OMG!!! You are just asking for bad things to happen!!!

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    OMG!!! You are just asking for bad things to happen!!!
    I know and they're not even the same height yet somehow... some way I manage to get laundry done. Must be black magic.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Yes, outside. Point taken.

An option for the teak table would be to oil it. Much easier to maintain than polyurethane or other film finish and you can let it go back to gray if you get tired of reoiling every few years.

Quote Originally Posted by powdrhound View Post
    I am thoroughly annoyed that I have to throw away an almost perfectly good, immaculate looking 19 year old washer, only because they used plastic gears in the non-rebuildable transmission.
    And, of course the transmission is no longer available. I found a possible link to one for $629. More than the cost of the washer.

At least the Memorial Day sales are still active… but of course the dryer will have to match…

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Speed Queen

Quote Originally Posted by MagnificentUnicorn View Post
    Speed Queen

I wish I had your budget. And a level concrete pedestal to mount it to. Those things spin so fast they would shake my house to toothpicks. And my wife won't hear of having to go to the basement with laundry. But damn, ya it would be nice to have one.

I know and they're not even the same height yet somehow... some way I manage to get laundry done. Must be black magic.
    Pure voodoo.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    I wish I had your budget. And a level concrete pedestal to mount it to. Those things spin so fast they would shake my house to toothpicks. And my wife won't hear of having to go to the basement with laundry. But damn, ya it would be nice to have one.
    It’s a lifetime purchase. I’m not in the market, I’m still using a Kenmore washer and dryer bought new in 1993. Looks like they were built by Speed Queen though. Sadly lacks a bedding setting

being sick fucking annoys me

this is like my fourth cold in six months
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post

Don't hangout with sick people. YW.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post

You should get vaccinated

Looks like we miss out on some valuable cycles this side of the world:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D8597EC8-5576-4280-A615-36D30170E858.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	333.1 KB 
ID:	460526

That's actually just a recipe on the left hand side there. Provecho!
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    Looks like we miss out on some valuable cycles this side of the world:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D8597EC8-5576-4280-A615-36D30170E858.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	333.1 KB 
ID:	460526
    I definitely spill a bunch of that on my clothing, I need those settings.

I view it as a menu. Put clothes in wash, order some wine for the wait.

Sent from my SM-X200 using Tapatalk

I got notice of a refund from the local hospital system, to a credit card number that did not look familiar. I went into my account and could find no explanation. I sent them a message asking what it was about. Well, it was a refund from something from 3 years ago, and without contacting me they just refunded it to the card that was charged at the time. A card I no longer have, from an an address that is 2 homes ago. WTF?

I have no idea how and whether I will ever get the money. I assume that if the credit card company gets a refund to a closed account they would send a check, but no idea if that happens. And no idea if that check will ever find me.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Shit that annoys you

That’s bizarre. I cant believe they wouldn’t send a chk because of this exact situation. I’m annoyed by this dumb assery and it didn’t even happen to me!

Exactly. The message response I got was so matter of fact, no recognition that the charge was 3 years ago, and a simple "we refunded to the card that was originally charged, maybe you no longer have that card?" No shit sherlock.

Thankfully, I have current cards with Citi, Chase, BarclayCard, and US Bank, so they may have my current address even if the card in question was closed when I was at my old home in Boulder.

State governments have unclaimed money websites. Check yours. I did this a few months ago and I’ve received a half dozen checks. If amounts are small, you do the math to see if the brain damage is worth it. For me the principle of getting what is mine made it worth it to get a $5 refund check. Total received was over $1000 though.

Wait ...., three years ago??
    A new world's record for speedy turn around.

I always pay cash up front for my co-pay for a medical visit, and without fail 3-5 days later get a bill in the mail for the co-pay amount. Made the mistake of paying it the first time, because ...... geezer. 6 months later a get a refund check.