Page 1173 of 1843 FirstFirst ... 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 1174 1175 1176 1177 1178 ... LastLast
Results 29,301 to 29,325 of 46052
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny Profane View Post
    That would be a bit dramatic, no? And probably illegal somehow.
    Pushed his couscous around the plate nervously...
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Wow, Benny, so brave to almost do that.

Well, this is the Shit that annoys you thread, not the Shit that you're doing time for thread.

Shit that annoys you

Christmas kind of annoys me.
    Last edited by Mustonen; 12-16-2019 at 04:56 AM.
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustonen View Post
    Christmas kind of annoys me.
    Merry Saturnalia rolls off the tounge so much nicer than merry christmas

Had a bizarre and lengthy ordeal with a local ski shop here. I wrote a very lengthy letter to the GM of the store, describing what happened, giving kudos to some employees and harsh criticism of others. I didn't ask for anything in the letter, but I certainly expected a response.

I emailed the letter to the GM almost 2 weeks ago, and followed with hard copy a day later. I still have not heard back. That's fucking annoying.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Had a bizarre and lengthy ordeal with a local ski shop here. I wrote a very lengthy letter to the GM of the store, describing what happened, giving kudos to some employees and harsh criticism of others. I didn't ask for anything in the letter, but I certainly expected a response.

I emailed the letter to the GM almost 2 weeks ago, and followed with hard copy a day later. I still have not heard back. That's fucking annoying.
    Which, if I am not mistaken, we are still waiting to hear the detail of...

dude just ain’t that into ya.....

Twitter thread it and tag the shit out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by beece View Post
    Which, if I am not mistaken, we are still waiting to hear the detail of...
    yeah, I didn't want to do a full call out with details until I gave management the opportunity to hear about it and respond.

But I will post it soon, it's pretty mind-blowing. I'm just not sure where. In the kid's gear thread? In a thread of its own? In what forum?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

But I will post it soon, it's pretty mind-blowing. I'm just not sure where. In the kid's gear thread? In a thread of its own? In what forum?
    Ask a moderator.

My kid home on winter break from MSU hit Copper today with his buddy. They caught rope drop on Cabin Chute. That's pretty fucking irritating to me.

Quote Originally Posted by m2711c View Post
    dude just ain’t that into ya.....
    That's funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    Ask a moderator.
    And that's even funnier.

File a complaint with the AG's office.

Oh, wait.

Breaking taps. Got it out without damaging anything thoughClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20191216_181210.jpeg 
Views:	88 
Size:	26.0 KB 
ID:	306439

Shit that annoys you

Fucking news articles about Twitter reactions

Intro paragraph or two, then:
    Person1 said, “it was better than cats”
    Image/link showing verbatim tweet
    Person2 said, “I’d see it again and again”
    Person3 said, “I retweeted this shit”
    Etc

What a waste of space...

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Dangit. What annoys me more is that I typically don't have it done there. I only had it in there for a radio service and thought while it is was in the shop, might as well get them to change my oil too. Well, that was a mistake.

What also annoys me is the stupid radio that broke on me which brought me to the dealer to begin with. [formerly] Awesome Dynaudio setup in there. Only dealer can service it as it's programmed somehow to the VIN and only they have the right computers to service it, and NO aftermarket head units that I can find. All that super integrated infotainment crap. This is on a Volvo XC70 so you can probably understand how limited my options are here. After some diagnostics, they believe it's the ICM (infotainment control module) that's the culprit. Looking at $1500-1800. No way I'm spending that on this aging worthless car. I have a cross-country trip coming up next week, so looks like I'll be rocking my little bluetooth speaker. Haha. Bummer because the car has the DVD screens built into the back of the headrests for the kiddos and that's totally inop now. Grrrrrr...... Surround sound used to sound incredible in that car! The old THX intro in there? WOOH! Not any more.

Integrated infotainment/radio/climate controls/everything. Volvo led the charge on this front, but now the entire car industry has followed suit. This is the road ahead folks! I always feared that it would be big bucks if (or rather WHEN) this crap would fail. I was right. Not too long before everybody eventually feels my pain on this front. Haha.
    So huzzah! Unlike my retarded local dealership and other misc. shops, I got my car stereo and DVD player all functioning again! Whereas those dipshits took like two days to diagnose and quoted me the $1500-1800 to repair to replace the entire infotainment module, I spent an hour digging around and it ends up (I think) that we had some bad connections on the amplifier that sits under the front passenger seat. Pulled the plugs, cleaned the contacts, reseated them, replaced a blown associated fuse I found in the trunk, and voila!!! Works like a champ!

Also after their extreme overfill, I got them to drain/fill and do an engine inspection, but it still wasn't running quite right. Those derps couldn't figure that out either, so I pulled the airbox apart, replaced the air filter, and cleaned the oil fouled Mass Airflow Sensor. Put it all back together, reset the codes, and bam. All running smooth as butter now.

So while I am super stoked that I got my old car pretty much totally sorted out (minus the catalytic convertors), I'm still super annoyed that after taking my car to THREE shops (two of them specializing in European cars) and the dealer, none of them knew what to do with the radio, nor did any of them inform me of a recall that my OBDII scanner told me about that explains the crappy air conditioner that I've put up with for years and all three looked at and couldn't figure out. NONE of them looked up recalls on my VIN, when my fancy new scanner told me in about 5 seconds? WTF?

I'm mostly annoyed because I am not a freaking mechanic. I don't know what the hell I'm doing here, yet I got my car all figured out when none of them could, and I spent a bunch of money with all of them on diagnostics and failed services. I miss my old Euro shop I had in Bozeman. Those guys were actually great.

Oh yeah, and I'm also pleased with myself that my first brake job ever was a solid success! New brakes and rotors all the way around. Everybody else was quoting $1000-1300 for the job. Lol nope! Screw those guys. I don't trust anyone any more, and that's what annoys me. Idiots can't even figure out a simple oil change. A shame because that particular dealer used to be really good. New ownership apparently. Fancy new showroom. Godawful on the service side of the house.

Good on you figuring all that shit out Austin! Clueless, careless and wickedly expensive repair experiences is what turned me into a born-again DIY mechanic.
    Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Talking to a guy at the pool last night and he was telling me "four days of work left. Three this week and one next week..." I'm like, "yeah, my last day is Friday then I'm off till January 6th." Then it dawned on me he has four days left EVER--he's retiring...Fucker.

Props Austin. Must have been beyond frustrating at the time, but ultra satisfying now, looking back.

Today's annoyance. Bought powder skis a week or two ago. First new skis in over a decade, and have never been on true powder skis before. Today we have a rare for Ontario powder day. I've got time off work, and am sick as a dog.

A shit that really would annoy you.

Flushing away time: tilted toilet aims to increase employee productivity

StandardToilet estimates having staffers sit at a 13-degree angle will lead to a 25% reduction in time spent on toilets
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Quote Originally Posted by Thaleia View Post
    Props Austin. Must have been beyond frustrating at the time, but ultra satisfying now, looking back.

Today's annoyance. Bought powder skis a week or two ago. First new skis in over a decade, and have never been on true powder skis before. Today we have a rare for Ontario powder day. I've got time off work, and am sick as a dog.
    So? I mean, you skied anyway didn't you?

Bought a replacement ski bag in January, supposed to fit up to 195cm skis. Put on shelf until today... tried fitting skis in there. 190s barely fit, 192 diagonally with nothing else in bag, 195 no chance.

At least Evo has a 365 day return policy. Sending it back...
    Quote Originally Posted by powder11 View Post
    if you have to resort to taking advice from the nitwits on this forum, then you're doomed.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chupacabra View Post
    Bought a replacement ski bag in January, supposed to fit up to 195cm skis. Put on shelf until today... tried fitting skis in there. 190s barely fit, 192 diagonally with nothing else in bag, 195 no chance.

At least Evo has a 365 day return policy. Sending it back...
    Took a trip last winter to Utah and the dude driving had a rocket box that would *barely* fit my 190 Ranger 106's. Dafuq? He was annoyed, I was more amused.

plugboots: I want to cancel this order, since you lied on the confirmation on when it would ship.
    Stephanie: When did you order?
    plugboots: today
    Stephanie: Has is been over an hour?
    plugboots: I just got the confirmation at 10:24. (It was 11:50 at the time.)
    Stephanie: Once an order is placed, we're unable to edit or make changes. While we can cancel orders within 60 minutes of them being placed, we're no longer able to cancel your order as we're now outside that time frame and have already started processing it. Sorry about that!
    plugboots: Also sat on your chat for over 30 minutes
    plugboots: JHC.
    plugboots: That's it?
    Stephanie: I'm sorry, I'm not sure what JHC means?
    plugboots: Jesus Hercules Christ.
    Stephanie: As your order is within our return policy, you can take it into a store along with the documents inside the package for an immediate refund or exchange. If you're not near a store you can set up a return either through our website or though us, and we'll provide you with a complimentary return shipping label.
    Stephanie: Or since you no longer want this order, I can submit a request to have the package returned to our warehouse for a refund. Please keep in mind this is a request and not guaranteed. If the request isn't successful, we'd be happy to help you set up a return to your original method of payment.
    plugboots: Don't do anything. I'll deal with this.
    Stephanie: Ok, is there anything else I can help you with today?
    plugboots : you've got to be kidding
    Stephanie: I gave you all the options we have.
    Well maybe I'm the faggot America
    I'm not a part of a redneck agenda