Page 1466 of 1521 FirstFirst ... 1461 1462 1463 1464 1465 1466 1467 1468 1469 1470 1471 ... LastLast
Results 36,626 to 36,650 of 38003
  1. #36626
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Where the climate suits my clothes.
    Posts
    5,214
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post


    Did someone say acoustic?
    The whole Nirvana MTV Unplugged is incredible. Kurt's end with Where Did You Sleep Last Night haunts me every time I hear it.



    The set with black candles and white lillies to represent a funeral, the song list, and the fact that (afaik) this was the last music he recorded all contribute toward the levity of the final song.

    Maybe not your jam.

    It always hits me where it hurts.

  2. #36627
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    7,774
    Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    The whole Nirvana MTV Unplugged is incredible. Kurt's end with Where Did You Sleep Last Night haunts me every time I hear it.



    The set with black candles and white lillies to represent a funeral, the song list, and the fact that (afaik) this was the last music he recorded all contribute toward the levity of the final song.

    Maybe not your jam.

    It always hits me where it hurts.
    Great album and my favorite track on there, also. He was an absolute fucking genius when it came to music.

  3. #36628
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    18,150
    Must not have kept up with the water today, feels like I'm trying to crap out a bowling ball. And I didn't even take any opioids.

  4. #36629
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    in a suite of vigorous disturbances
    Posts
    2,106
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1642189518.615816.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	166.6 KB 
ID:	401134

  5. #36630
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    17,120
    There are so many ways to avoid that.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

  6. #36631
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    7,162
    Well, first get a new garbage disposal (previous discussions) cuz yer old one can't even homogenize a HB egg.

  7. #36632
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    8,897
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech Tonics View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1642189518.615816.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	166.6 KB 
ID:	401134
    I hear ya man! Even tho Iíve tried a multitude of ideas to avoid that, there seems to be one mother fucker who just doesnít want to be peeled every so often.

  8. #36633
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    24,532
    Buy an Instant Pot and hard-boil your eggs using it. Shell comes off in one piece almost every time!

  9. #36634
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    19,860
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Buy an Instant Pot and hard-boil your eggs using it. Shell comes off in one piece almost every time!
    Buying an instant pot to boil an egg--that's what's wrong with this country.

  10. #36635
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    24,532
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Buying an instant pot to boil an egg--that's what's wrong with this country.
    Well, if you're only using it for that you're doing it wrong. They're pretty useful all around.

  11. #36636
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    idaho panhandle!
    Posts
    8,897
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Buy an Instant Pot and hard-boil your eggs using it. Shell comes off in one piece almost every time!
    Have one, still every now and then one little sumbeech rebels.

  12. #36637
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    11,367
    A little salt and a little vinegar in the water helps make they easier to peel. That and shocking them with some cold water once you take them out - just time it correctly because you will obviously stop cooking with residual heat quicker.

  13. #36638
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I can still smell Poutine.
    Posts
    18,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Shirk View Post
    A little salt and a little vinegar in the water helps make they easier to peel. That and shocking them with some cold water once you take them out - just time it correctly because you will obviously stop cooking with residual heat quicker.
    And still, despite all that, eggs sometimes rebels. Especially if they are fresh. When we had hens I would go buy eggs at the store if I needed a whole bunch of hard-boiled at once.

  14. #36639
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,821
    Our (gigantic) school district just announced that next year they are moving start times for elementary schools back to 9 AM (from 8:25) and high schools up to 7:00 AM. Middle schools are in the middle. Basically they're doing it to save money as they can use some buses on three rounds instead of two and so use less of them. I find this is outrageous as every single academic study finds that high schoolers perform better with later start times. Our district is already terrible and this sure isn't going to help them. Plus, it makes it harder for parents with normal time jobs to drop the kids off. Just so short-sighted all around.

  15. #36640
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    907
    Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Buy an Instant Pot and hard-boil your eggs using it. Shell comes off in one piece almost every time!
    Truth!

  16. #36641
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    157
    Did someone mention eggs?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	egg.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	1,004.0 KB 
ID:	401154

    Name:  egg1.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  202.0 KB

    Name:  egg7.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  170.6 KB

    Name:  egg6.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  188.5 KB
    Relatively low post count.

  17. #36642
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    384
    Quote Originally Posted by aqua toque View Post
    Did someone mention eggs?

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	egg.jpg 
Views:	157 
Size:	1,004.0 KB 
ID:	401154

    Name:  egg1.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  202.0 KB

    Name:  egg7.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  170.6 KB

    Name:  egg6.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  188.5 KB
    This was not annoying.

  18. #36643
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    27,856
    I didn't know that eggs put out beacon signals. Learn something new every day.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  19. #36644
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    13,857
    Must carry bacon and eggs to cover dog and beacon avi rescue.
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  20. #36645
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    17,120
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcusBrody View Post
    Our (gigantic) school district just announced that next year they are moving start times for elementary schools back to 9 AM (from 8:25) and high schools up to 7:00 AM. Middle schools are in the middle. Basically they're doing it to save money as they can use some buses on three rounds instead of two and so use less of them. I find this is outrageous as every single academic study finds that high schoolers perform better with later start times. Our district is already terrible and this sure isn't going to help them. Plus, it makes it harder for parents with normal time jobs to drop the kids off. Just so short-sighted all around.
    Cry me a fucking river.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

  21. #36646
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,142
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Cry me a fucking river.
    Whatever, old man.

    High school test scores and placement can drive a district's home values. The extra two hours for first start Calculus is no fuckn joke.

  22. #36647
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    17,120
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    Whatever, old man.

    High school test scores and placement can drive a district's home values. The extra two hours for first start Calculus is no fuckn joke.
    Pulleez. I was taking calc in 10th grade and I left every morning at 5:00 to do so. And then I took calc at the university, again, in 11th grade, again at 5 in the morning. Then calc 2 in 12th. It was boring, but I found plenty of other ways to amuse myself during the long commute.

    OMG, outrageous!

    Wrong fucking thread.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

  23. #36648
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    27,856
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Cry me a fucking river.
    wut?

    He's right, our school district is doing the exact opposite, moving high school start times later because of those studies. And 9am is way late for working parents to be dropping off elementary age kids. And in any event, it sure seems like an appropriate post in a "shit that annoys you" thread, not to mention that you're not exactly the best person to judge what challenges a parent. Because a, you're not one, and b, your childhood was not the same as most.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  24. #36649
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    PRB
    Posts
    27,856
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Pulleez. I was taking calc in 10th grade and I left every morning at 5:00 to do so.
    so fucking what? You want a medal for that? I left at the crack of fucking dawn every day for my 1 hour commute to school, that doesn't mean that I'm awesome or that it made sense from an education point of view.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

  25. #36650
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    lakeside
    Posts
    903
    Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    Pulleez. I was taking calc in 10th grade and I left every morning at 5:00 to do so. And then I took calc at the university, again, in 11th grade, again at 5 in the morning. Then calc 2 in 12th. It was boring, but I found plenty of other ways to amuse myself during the long commute.

    OMG, outrageous!
    uphill both ways in a snowstorm

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •