Page 1373 of 1395 FirstFirst ... 1368 1369 1370 1371 1372 1373 1374 1375 1376 1377 1378 ... LastLast
Results 34,301 to 34,325 of 34872
    When you go to the pharmacy with a prescription from a doctor
    Then you come back to pick it up and they tell you they can't fill it.
    Because they need a prior authorization

"But doesn't that prescription sort of tell you it's been authorized prior to now"?

No, that's not how it works. The pharmacy has to fax the Rx filled out by the doctor back to the doctor for them to authorize.
    And no, we are not talking about a controlled substance.
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Pretty sure no body could back up before back alarms were invented.
    Well, in fairness, a former neighbor ran over one of her kids when backing out of the garage. Put him in a wheelchair for life.
    They had like 7 kids and she lost track of all their positions.
    This was before back up alarms and cameras on Suburbans.
    Check Out Ullr's Mobile Avalanche Safety Tools for iOS and Android
    www.ullrlabs.com

Backup alarms on vehicles where the driver cannot see behind the vehicle don't seem like a terrible idea to me.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Huh. Well I had no idea. That sort of shit would piss me off.

In Canada we get the following which are country-wide days off as far as I know. And if you have to work then you get either time off in lieu or double pay. I'm 99% certain this is the law:
    January 1 - new years day
    Good Friday
    3rd Monday in May - Victoria Day
    July 1 - Canada Day
    1st Monday in September - Labour Day
    3rd Monday in October - Thanksgiving Day
    December 25 - Festivus

Like even your minimum wage burger flipper would qualify for some form of paid holiday for these.

Then there are the other days sort of scattered about the provinces that I don't think are legal requirements to have paid time off but for the most part people still get it:
    3rd Monday in February - Family Day
    1st Monday in August - Civic Holiday

Certain provinces have their own variations but for the most part this is what happens up north.
    I thought Boxing day was a stat holiday? I always got that off.

US gets Black Friday off otherwise people get similar days to the first list. Companies I've worked for down here did not give any day off over Easter.

Some other days people can get off -
    Martin Luther King Day (3rd Monday in Jan)
    President's Day (3rd Monday in Feb)
    Veterans Day (Nov 11)

Last company I worked for only had 7 stat holidays. Later they added Presidents Day and also gave us two flexible holiday days we could use on any holiday that mattered to us. I thought that was a cool idea.

Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post

US gets Black Friday off otherwise people get similar days to the first list. Companies I've worked for down here did not give any day off over Easter.

Veterans Day (Nov 11)

Last company I worked for only had 7 stat holidays. Later they added Presidents Day and also gave us two flexible holiday days we could use on any holiday that mattered to us. I thought that was a cool idea.
    Apparently boxing day is only a holiday in Ontario so I left it off the list.

I get friday and monday off at easter - it's nice. There's a push to make Nov 11 remembrance day a national holiday as well but I don't really care because any day in November anywhere in Canada sucks ass. We need an early June Veteran Memorial Honor Day or something like that instead.

US gets Black Friday off otherwise people get similar days to the first list.
    Many companies do, but it's certainly no given. I sort of like the system my company uses. We get Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, and the two days at Thanksgiving, but the entire week between Christmas and New Year's. From New Year's to Memorial Day is a long haul, but that's what vacation time is for...

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post

"But doesn't that prescription sort of tell you it's been authorized prior to now"?

No, that's not how it works. The pharmacy has to fax the Rx filled out by the doctor back to the doctor for them to authorize.
    I thought it was possible to buy boner pills online these days.

I don't get "Black Friday" officially, but am allowed to trade Veterans Day for it, and they pretty much always give us one extra day to use on black Friday or Christmas Eve or New Year's Eve.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

Hm. I was under the impression that prior authorization has to do with whether insurance will cover the medication.

Quote Originally Posted by PB View Post
    Pretty sure no body could back up before back alarms were invented.
    I'm crap at convoluted sarcasm.

We follow the FRB holiday schedule. Otherwise we hem and haw over every damn holiday.

https://www.frbservices.org/about/holiday-schedules
    focus.

Quote Originally Posted by ötzi View Post
    Hm. I was under the impression that prior authorization has to do with whether insurance will cover the medication.
    I was under the impression that "prior authorization" is code for "we have no fokin clue what that Dr. -wrote/was thinking when he wrote- whatever is on this Rx"

I hear the ring of truth.

They had like 7 kids
    That must have been annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

People who use electric lawn tools.. sorry, I just don't get it. You can't mix gas and oil? You think you're better than me because your energy usage is "cleaner" Learn to adjust a carb and grow a pair.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

See my reply.
    Forum Cross Pollinator

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    Apparently boxing day is only a holiday in Ontario so I left it off the list.

I get friday and monday off at easter - it's nice. There's a push to make Nov 11 remembrance day a national holiday as well but I don't really care because any day in November anywhere in Canada sucks ass. We need an early June Veteran Memorial Honor Day or something like that instead.
    We always got Boxing day off everywhere I worked in BC and Alberta. In fact, can't recall ever hearing about anyone who didn't get it off. Except of course poor bastards working retail.... Winter in Socal is the reason I loved getting MLK and Prez day off - great weather in the desert. Same for 4 days off at Thanksgiving. Winter here is my favorite season.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Many companies do, but it's certainly no given. I sort of like the system my company uses. We get Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, and the two days at Thanksgiving, but the entire week between Christmas and New Year's. From New Year's to Memorial Day is a long haul, but that's what vacation time is for...
    At my last company we used to have a similar arrangement - whole week from Christmas to New Years off, plus the few other days you mention. Having that week off was awesome since I'd always travel home anyways. Having fewer other holiday days was a fair tradeoff. When we were acquired the first thing that got taken away was that week off, with nothing added to compensate. Boy were people pissed. Eventually management turnover brought some common sense and a realization that if you want to hire and retain good people you have to have good policies.

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post
    People who use electric lawn tools.. sorry, I just don't get it. You can't mix gas and oil? You think you're better than me because your energy usage is "cleaner" Learn to adjust a carb and grow a pair.

Is this a joke? I honestly can’t tell around here during summer sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by JayPowHound View Post

I dunno, my neighbor's electric lawnmower is pretty cool. He can neglect his lawn for a month and then mulch it when it's a foot high and that thing just tears it up.

No way my old Honda is going to pull that off. Also I've never had to adjust the carb but the crankshaft seal blew out once and baptized my lawn in 10w30.

The biggest downside had to be the cord.

Sent from my BND-L24 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    I dunno, my neighbor's electric lawnmower is pretty cool. He can neglect his lawn for a month and then mulch it when it's a foot high and that thing just tears it up.
    Not to mention he doesn't have to worry about forgetting to fill up his gas can.

Quote Originally Posted by waveshello View Post
    The biggest downside had to be the cord.
    80v batteries.

The smell of newly mown grass is So much better than gasoline exhaust.

So this goes a ways beyond being annoyed. The pandemic really jumped people moving to my neighborhood and driving up home prices. The city has done a recent evaluation and my home value has increased 67% from last year. They expect the mill rate to go down, but still looking at a fifty percent tax increase myself and six closest neighbors have all lived here thirty years or more. So the folks who made the neighborhood desirable will be forced to leave. Started the process with city hall, but not expecting much

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    So this goes a ways beyond being annoyed. The pandemic really jumped people moving to my neighborhood and driving up home prices. The city has done a recent evaluation and my home value has increased 67% from last year. They expect the mill rate to go down, but still looking at a fifty percent tax increase myself and six closest neighbors have all lived here thirty years or more. So the folks who made the neighborhood desirable will be forced to leave. Started the process with city hall, but not expecting much
    This happened in my town last year, go contest the new assessment I know several people who did and the assessor was using incorrect square footage and didn't have the number of rooms right. Most of them got their assessments reduced, I was too lazy and saw about a 35-40% increase in my taxes. Sucks, but at least I have a lot of equity now?

Well, in fairness, a former neighbor ran over one of her kids when backing out of the garage. Put him in a wheelchair for life.
    They had like 7 kids and she lost track of all their positions.
    This was before back up alarms and cameras on Suburbans.
    Guy runs over his 18 month old with his Mercedes. Kid comes to the ER with tires marks on his abdomen. The only thing wrong with the kid turned out to be the incision at his ankle where I put the IV in--got infected.

Veterans Day (Nov 11)

We used to get MLK day off but had to use a vacation day for it.

Quote Originally Posted by cat in january View Post
    See California Prop 13

It's getting close to July 4th. I'm gonna miss the TGR pictorial update on the fireworks at Flowing Lake again.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang