Page 1209 of 1852 FirstFirst ... 1204 1205 1206 1207 1208 1209 1210 1211 1212 1213 1214 ... LastLast
Results 30,201 to 30,225 of 46293
    Quote Originally Posted by TurxSki View Post
    Still in businessAttachment 320280

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using TGR Forums mobile app
    not a 3M brand though. Thought it was. My bad. I do know the stuff is worthless for ducts.

From Wikipedia (where else)
    During World War II, Revolite (then a division of Johnson & Johnson) developed an adhesive tape made from a rubber-based adhesive applied to a durable duck cloth backing. This tape resisted water and was used as sealing tape on some ammunition cases during that period.[1]

"Duck tape" is recorded in the Oxford English Dictionary as having been in use since 1899;[2] "duct tape" (described as "perhaps an alteration of earlier duck tape") since 1965.[3]

Goddamn ignorant impertinent millenials.(That's from Wikipedia too.)

There's only two things live in sports on TV tonight - UFC and Liga Mexicana. I can't stand UFC so Liga it is. But it sure would be nice if they had it in english too. I wonder if the SAP button works in reverse. Hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Plumbers around here have a 2 year waiting list for bidets.
    (Plumbers around here are backed up (pun intended) for everything, but that could change in a hurry.)
    It’s a real shitty time (pun intended) to be a plumber.
    (Not that I am, in any way, connected to plumbing)

they just shut down all the ski areas in Switzerland. Closed all the bars last night too. Kids are out of school for the till the end of April.

Greedy asshats like this guy. Guy bought up 17,700 freaking bottles of hand sanitizer:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/t...article_inline
    https://nypost.com/2020/03/14/hoardi...and-sanitizer/
    Infuriating...

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    There are way too many rat beer flu threads.
    Seriously. Stop making more of them. There's already a mega thread in the PR, and pick one of the half dozen 'the ski area closed' threads and stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinFromSA View Post
    Greedy asshats like this guy. Guy bought up 17,700 freaking bottles of hand sanitizer:
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/t...article_inline
    https://nypost.com/2020/03/14/hoardi...and-sanitizer/
    Infuriating...

The socks, the fucking cargo shorts... it all checks out. Fuck that douche.
    I still call it The Jake.

I was amazed the guy let the Times use his name and location, and I'm sure he got a lot of hate sent his way but I bet some people have contacted him looking to buy some sanitizer for cash money.

I'll bet some of their fellow Tennesseans are out looking for that garage, and they don't have any cash.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I always wonder what I should be doing for socks. Any insight would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    However many are in a shit ton.

“Family Business” shirt. Fuck that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by jm2e View Post
    I always wonder what I should be doing for socks. Any insight would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Well, consider this my 2c and general applications, ymmv:

No white socks with dark shoes. If you have dark running/tennis/sports shoes white socks may work but minimize it. Wear ankle-high socks or full Under-Armor crossfitter uniform socks, not the half in, half out lazy fat white guy socks the profiteer is wearing.
    White socks make you look like a tool in general. I see you out with white socks I'm judging you. So is every reasonable female on the planet.

No socks with boat shoes. Ever. Maybe if there's snow on the ground, but if there is then you're not wearing the right shoe. That's another prepper thread for another day.

No socks with loafers unless absolutely required, and then only decent, thinner dress socks.

Oxfords and other dress shoes require an equally sophisticated sock, preferably one that isn't a distraction or something that draws your attention to your feet. You aren't fucking Gallagher or Mork from Ork and people really don't like your silly socks.

In general unless you have to, or your activity makes your feet sweat, don't wear socks between Memorial Day and Labor Day, ymmv as always.

In general wear dark colored socks from Labor Day to Memorial Day. Special dispensation is granted for the holidays for socks with Santa drinking a fifth of bourbon to the head.

Socks with sandals. Just get the fuck out. Get. The. Fuck. Out.

Truth.

Well, consider this my 2c and general applications, ymmv:

No white socks with dark shoes. If you have dark running/tennis/sports shoes white socks may work but minimize it. Wear ankle-high socks or full Under-Armor crossfitter uniform socks, not the half in, half out lazy fat white guy socks the profiteer is wearing.
    White socks make you look like a tool in general. I see you out with white socks I'm judging you. So is every reasonable female on the planet.

No socks with boat shoes. Ever. Maybe if there's snow on the ground, but if there is then you're not wearing the right shoe. That's another prepper thread for another day.

No socks with loafers unless absolutely required, and then only decent, thinner dress socks.

Oxfords and other dress shoes require an equally sophisticated sock, preferably one that isn't a distraction or something that draws your attention to your feet. You aren't fucking Gallagher or Mork from Ork and people really don't like your silly socks.

In general unless you have to, or your activity makes your feet sweat, don't wear socks between Memorial Day and Labor Day, ymmv as always.

In general wear dark colored socks from Labor Day to Memorial Day. Special dispensation is granted for the holidays for socks with Santa drinking a fifth of bourbon to the head.

Socks with sandals. Just get the fuck out. Get. The. Fuck. Out.
    Flip flops are the only acceptable footwear with that outfit.

A prison uniform would be a better look though.

Flip flops are the only acceptable footwear with that outfit.
    OG, it's not that I disagree that flip flops would technically work with this tool's outfit, but I'm guessing that (i) this jackoff has hideously maintained feet, and men with hideously maintained feet should keep those dogs under cover (and not equally hideous mandals or keens or whatever mass of thatched leather you may think looks good), and (ii) he is wearing exactly the right socks for a panic-buying profiteering, hoarding, cargo shorts wearing, sanitizerfag.

I think he or his brother are military...I hope they get kicked out for dishonor.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw View Post
    How the hell did the tp thing start? According to NY times article, the vast majority of tp is produced in the US and around 10% imported from Ghina. So wtf. They're not ramping up capacity and I don't blame them. There's only so much shitting going on. Slight increases annually due to population growth.
    Russian disinformation campaign. They are getting revenge cause everyone was laughing at the Soviet Union lack of TP

We try to encourage our little cockapoo to go out the side door and walk out past the back of the house to pee. I keep a path shoveled to an area she can pee. So why does she pee next to the house and THEN walk out past the back. I'd rather not have to put on my boots to walk her out every time she goes, but it's going to come to that.

I’ll add another two cents... dress socks should match your pants, not your shoes. For example, Brown shoes with blue pants = blue socks.
    Because rich has nothing to do with money.

hand sanitizer guy is giving it all away

he claims to have not understood that people needed this stuff & restocking was going to be challenging when everyone was trying to buy it -- so, the marking it up was just savvy marketing, then?

jfc, at least he seems to be now aware...

Anyone so clueless as to wear those awful shorts, dorky t shirt and mid rise white tube socks with black shoes just might be so clueless to think that we’d believe that load of crap.

We try to encourage our little cockapoo to go out the side door and walk out past the back of the house to pee. I keep a path shoveled to an area she can pee. So why does she pee next to the house and THEN walk out past the back. I'd rather not have to put on my boots to walk her out every time she goes, but it's going to come to that.
    Well, in two weeks you will have to eat her anyway.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    I’ll add another two cents... dress socks should match your pants, not your shoes. For example, Brown shoes with blue pants = blue socks.
    Who do you think you are? Imelda Marcos?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I was amazed the guy let the Times use his name and location, and I'm sure he got a lot of hate sent his way but I bet some people have contacted him looking to buy some sanitizer for cash money.
    This story was on my local Massachusetts news and they got busted. They gave supplies to a local charity and the remaining stuff was "confiscated"! Serves him right!

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Why don't you go practice fallin' down? I'll be there in a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by spanky View Post
    To follow on this, color blocking is cool too. Different shade of blue from the blue pants for example solid grey with grey herringbone, etc.