Page 1419 of 1427 FirstFirst ... 1414 1415 1416 1417 1418 1419 1420 1421 1422 1423 1424 ... LastLast
Results 35,451 to 35,475 of 35658
    wtf is wrong with people?

Quote Originally Posted by ntblanks View Post
    wtf is wrong with people?
    They parked nicely between the lines?
    Quote Originally Posted by DoWork View Post
    We can tell you think you're awesome- it's pretty obvious. I love it when you try to convince us all too, It's like a tripped out Willy Wonka boat trip across the galaxy of fail you call an existence and it is indeed awesome to watch. I mean, your fail is so dense it has become a "black hole of fail" that has a gravitational pull strong enough to attract the fail of others, hence the "dating sucks" thread scenario.

The cigarettes butts. They are only half smoked so a bum will probably pick them up.

Quote Originally Posted by krp8128 View Post
    They parked nicely between the lines?
    I was going to make the same joke. Salvewhatever is pretty new here, probably doesn't have his official TGR sarcasm meter yet. Maybe it's held up in some container ship anchored outside LA Harbor.

My in-laws annoy me, today more than usual...

I get a panicked call from Ms Boissal around 9 AM, her parents are out jeeping in SoUt and have just activated their SPOT beacon with the "shit's hitting the fan send help ASAP" message. Not once mind you, the SOS went out 8 times.
    They're experienced desert roamers, have been to every nook and cranny of the state, know how to handle themselves 4-wheeling, and have dealt with shitty situations in the past without outside help. They're no spring chickens though and there are reasons to think this is one could be serious: the GPS says they're on the well established Kolob Terrace road within sight of a bunch of houses and at least 1 opened business and there's no way they'd activate the SPOT unless they got in a bad accident or one of them had a random heart attack. Ms B had already been in touch with SAR and given them coordinates along with a a full med history of her parents. In the middle of her freak out I gathered that she was ready to drive down there (Kolob area) or talk to Life Flight at the hospital to see if they can assist. She's also talking about our upcoming trip to France and whether she can even go if one of her parents is in the hospital, the works.. I talk her off the ledge, pointing out that driving 5 hours wouldn't help much with SAR on their way and all she could do was wait. She agrees not to drive down until she actually knows what's going on.

About an hour ago, after running out of tears and fingernails to gnaw on, she finally gets a call. From her dad. Who has walked 10 minutes down the road to a spot where it turns out he has reception. And who proceeds to rant for 10 straight minutes straight that the Jeep has died and he's going to need to get it towed, and it's probably dead for good, and he's not going to be able to replace it cause it would cost money and he doesn't like spending money, and here we are getting rid of our 4-year old truck when he doesn't have an off-road vehicle anymore, and the world is so unfair and woe is him... Apparently she let him go on for a bit then blew up at him, asking if he really thought the best way to deal with a disabled vehicle on a reasonably popular road, within sight of multiple cabins and within walking distance of at least 50 more and a few opened businesses, with food and water for days, was to alert half of the rescue personnel of the county and terrify their progeny. He didn't like that and hung up on her. I fucking hope he gets charged the cost of dispatching a team out there to make sure he doesn't have to walk 100 yards to a place where he had reception to call a tow truck.
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    My in-laws annoy me, today more than usual...

I get a panicked call from Ms Boissal around 9 AM, her parents are out jeeping in SoUt and have just activated their SPOT beacon with the "shit's hitting the fan send help ASAP" message. Not once mind you, the SOS went out 8 times.
    They're experienced desert roamers, have been to every nook and cranny of the state, know how to handle themselves 4-wheeling, and have dealt with shitty situations in the past without outside help. They're no spring chickens though and there are reasons to think this is one could be serious: the GPS says they're on the well established Kolob Terrace road within sight of a bunch of houses and at least 1 opened business and there's no way they'd activate the SPOT unless they got in a bad accident or one of them had a random heart attack. Ms B had already been in touch with SAR and given them coordinates along with a a full med history of her parents. In the middle of her freak out I gathered that she was ready to drive down there (Kolob area) or talk to Life Flight at the hospital to see if they can assist. She's also talking about our upcoming trip to France and whether she can even go if one of her parents is in the hospital, the works.. I talk her off the ledge, pointing out that driving 5 hours wouldn't help much with SAR on their way and all she could do was wait. She agrees not to drive down until she actually knows what's going on.

About an hour ago, after running out of tears and fingernails to gnaw on, she finally gets a call. From her dad. Who has walked 10 minutes down the road to a spot where it turns out he has reception. And who proceeds to rant for 10 straight minutes straight that the Jeep has died and he's going to need to get it towed, and it's probably dead for good, and he's not going to be able to replace it cause it would cost money and he doesn't like spending money, and here we are getting rid of our 4-year old truck when he doesn't have an off-road vehicle anymore, and the world is so unfair and woe is him... Apparently she let him go on for a bit then blew up at him, asking if he really thought the best way to deal with a disabled vehicle on a reasonably popular road, within sight of multiple cabins and within walking distance of at least 50 more and a few opened businesses, with food and water for days, was to alert half of the rescue personnel of the county and terrify their progeny. He didn't like that and hung up on her. I fucking hope he gets charged the cost of dispatching a team out there to make sure he doesn't have to walk 100 yards to a place where he had reception to call a tow truck.
    Fuckin' Boomers.

Activating your SPOT beacon because you broke down on Kolob Terrace Road is pretty incredible.

Yeah they really outdid themselves on this one and they're being very defiant about it. Apparently that's what SAR should be spending them time on, at least when their ass is involved. They grumble a whole lot when SAR is blocking trailheads to stage a rescue operation on Oly or in Millcreek and it gets in the way of their dog-walking plans though so they're not above a hefty dose of hypocrisy...
    "Your wife being mad is temporary, but pow turns do not get unmade" - mallwalker the wise

Yeah they really outdid themselves on this one and they're being very defiant about it. Apparently that's what SAR should be spending them time on, at least when their ass is involved. They grumble a whole lot when SAR is blocking trailheads to stage a rescue operation on Oly or in Millcreek and it gets in the way of their dog-walking plans though so they're not above a hefty dose of hypocrisy...
    Not wanting to blame anyone (though perhaps Boissal wishes I would) I'm kind of startled by this story. (Again, perhaps I shouldn't be...)

But if this is even a tiny percentage of alerts that SAR gets, I can totally see why SPOT gets short-shrift, and why In-Reach, where there's some additional info about the situation, would be FAR superior, and thus get much a better response.
    My wife and I both said, spontaneously, and nearly in unison - "I'd have a hard time pushing the 'I'm dying' button even if I were bloody well dying!"

That story annoys the fuck out of me, too. And I wasn't scared for their well-being.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "I'd eat a bag of Dicks and wash it down with a Coke any day." - iceman

Quote Originally Posted by gregorys View Post
    Not wanting to blame anyone (though perhaps Boissal wishes I would) I'm kind of startled by this story. (Again, perhaps I shouldn't be...)

But if this is even a tiny percentage of alerts that SAR gets, I can totally see why SPOT gets short-shrift, and why In-Reach, where there's some additional info about the situation, would be FAR superior, and thus get much a better response.
    My wife and I both said, spontaneously, and nearly in unison - "I'd have a hard time pushing the 'I'm dying' button even if I were bloody well dying!"
    Ms Boissal is going to take their SPOT away and give them a InReach specifically for that reason. They should NEVER have sent that SOS. They had hours of daylight left to find an occupied cabin with a landline or flag a car, they're towing a micro trailer with food/water/camping gear, nobody's expecting them anywhere, fucking unacceptable entitlement. SAR people will tell you that they'd prefer people to call too early rather than too late when the situation is getting bad but that doesn't apply here, shit wasn't even remotely heading in a bad direction.

We've customized one of the buttons on the SPOT to send a "going to be late, partial shitshow but nothing serious, don't send help" message. Exactly for these situations. This is what I routinely used when I had the device and was insistent on doing more powder laps well past the time I was supposed to be home. They know of this option but they chose to be lazy shits. I will NEVER let them live that one down.

Have you considered taking away their keys?

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Have you considered taking away their keys?
    Sounds like the Jeep is really dead so it might be a non-issue in the future. They're usually reasonable people, not sure what happened on this one.
    The debrief will be fun, the in-laws are already bristling with indignation at the mention of a completely frivolous SAR activation.

Ever since I started dating Ms Boissal I've been lectured about my recklessness skiing/biking/climbing. I can't even count the number of times I've been told that one day SAR would haul my broken body out of some distant wilderness... 8 years into this and the first SAR activation in the family is not to retrieve my mangled corpse, it's to facilitate towing their car on a well graded dirt road feet away from a grocery store. Oops.

I have been on maybe a half-dozen SPOT calls in the last year and I canít remember a single one resulting in a carry out, recovery, or technical rescue. You go in, find their ass either on a trail or 100yds offa trail, and hike their ass out. Granted, that is 75% of SAR calls.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    "With Hitler, the more I learn about the guy, the more I don't care for him." -Norm Macdonald

Sounds like they may end up on YouTube?
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

This is why an InReach rules; send a few text messages so there's no need to alert SAR. There's also the superior coverage and reliability of the Garmin over the SPOT, but you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by PNWbrit View Post
    Sounds like they may end up on YouTube?
    Shit that would be hilarious, I follow that channel on and off and they do pull people out of that area. Their jeep is even the same color as the recovery vehicle these guys use!

Shit that would be hilarious, I follow that channel on and off and they do pull people out of that area. Their jeep is even the same color as the recovery vehicle these guys use!
    Did they get a t-shirt though? I love that channel. Ed's my favorite.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat

Shit that would be hilarious, I follow that channel on and off and they do pull people out of that area.
    My wife teases me about my watching tow truck TV. (it's the only reason I'd heard of Kolob Terrace Road.
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

boissal's inlaws annoy.

All of this annoys:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210929_170615.jpeg 
Views:	228 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	387313
    life ain't guaranteed, love your people while you can

Mtngirl/salvavalusis? ^^^^
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Vt-Freeheel View Post
    Mtngirl/salvavalusis? ^^^^
    Don't be a dick.

I'm not even sure what I'm seeing there: dance ice packs for aching achilles? Lavender duct tape?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by paulster2626 View Post
    I have the neighbors cat taking a fresh shit on my lawn every morning before it returns home. Fuck you, Kennedy.

Anyone have any methods of deterrent? I don't want to waste money on something if it ain't gonna work. Wife is going to talk to the owner, but I'd rather just end this myself if possible.

Only solutions I can see are:
    1) Figure out a way to keep this fucking cat off my lawn
    2) Tell the owner they'll need to come and pick up the shit every morning
    3) Tell the owner to keep their damn cat inside

2 and 3 will be a hard sell. We're friendly with each other so I don't want to start shit. I guess we will see what happens - but damnit heading out to take the kids to the bus stop eveyr morning with the smell of fresh cat shit in the air is pissing me off.
    UPDATE:

Based on mag reccomendos I went out and bought one of those motion-sensing sprinklers. Set 'er up facing the preferred shitspot yesterday, had the neighbors kid give it a test run and all looked set up.

This morning I find a fresh dookie right in the line of fire - wet grass, I know it was working. This puss likes to be showered whilst shitting, I presume. Will make adjustments and re-evaluate tomorrow.

I wonder if I had the neighbors put a litter box on their porch if that might help. This is getting out of hand!

The greatest N. New Mexico resort in Colorado
    Congratulations, you installed a cat bidet.

I say just start putting the cat shit on their porch. Maybe they'll make the logical conclusion that their disgusting, sadistic murdering shit beast is a nuisance and needs to be controlled.