Page 1572 of 1838 FirstFirst ... 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 ... LastLast
Results 39,276 to 39,300 of 45938
    Actually that’s a great scam. Remove your own cat. Claim insurance. Reinstall. Profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Core Shot View Post
    Actually that’s a great scam. Remove your own cat. Claim insurance. Reinstall. Profit.
    You first.

In seasonal rental, Samsung Smart TV with Comcast (not F1) - picture too big for screen in HD. Cannot see full scores or other writing on screen. Ok when HD turned off. Have googled the hell out of it and tried everything suggested but does not work! Not interested in contacting owner because they have obviously not figured out. Different brand tv in bedroom fine.

aspect ratio?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

^^Thanks Danno! One of the many fails!

Quote Originally Posted by liv2ski View Post
    In CA you can not have a used CAT installed, so why do they get stolen, for the metal in them? If yes, then recycling CATs should be against the law unless the whole car comes in with it.
    They can clog, though, or otherwise need replacement while the car is still roadworthy. I had a fully clogged one on a Golf, but thanks to a lack of emissions testing or a second O2 sensor I was able to just replace it with a straight pipe.

But 100% agreed that some level of source tracking is needed at this point.

Sent from my SM-G892A using TGR Forums mobile app

Shit that annoys you

A quick google says platinum is worth over $800/ounce in salvage, and there is up to 7grams in a cat. So that tweeker (or organized crime blue collar crime dude) sees maybe $200 in that high clearance vehicle in long-term, unsecured parking.

Edit: well, guy at the bottom of the totem pole is probably getting 1/4 to 1/2 that value, but even then a couple hours work (with low risk apparently) is probably not bad wages all things considered.
    Last edited by BCMtnHound; 09-01-2022 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Barron DeJong View Post
    I think I found your perp.

Attachment 425307
    Vlad Putin?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Peoples general inability to use a roundabout.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

we’ve been down this road before - a few times - seem to just keep going round and round
    I didn't believe in reincarnation when I was your age either.

Quote Originally Posted by ~mikey b View Post
    why do I have to resort to this?

Attachment 425318
    Stop rubbing one out in the conference room?

Cats disappear fast in Chicago

catalytic-converter-theft-operation-on-north-side
    www.apriliaforum.com

"If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

"I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Now I'm annoyed by the USAA appraisal team, who a) is asking for photos that I uploaded to USAA's website this morning, and is asking for photos of the dash, radio, and front and back seats, for a claim about catalytic converter theft. WHen I gave them a WTF, they said that it's standard procedure for cars that are older the 10 years.
    USAA has gone way downhill. Started with them in 1982. Got great service up through the late 90s. Significant drop in customer service since then. I won't bore with details but I've tried to find comparable coverage in the same price range but can't.

Now I'm annoyed by the USAA claims management team who has forced their appraisal team to ask for photos that I uploaded to USAA's website this morning, and created a check list requiring them to ask for photos of the dash, radio, and front and back seats, for a claim about catalytic converter theft. WHen I gave them a WTF, they said that it's standard procedure for cars that are older the 10 years.
    FIFY.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    USAA has gone way downhill. Started with them in 1982. Got great service up through the late 90s. Significant drop in customer service since then. I won't bore with details but I've tried to find comparable coverage in the same price range but can't.
    I agree, I used to think they were great but they definitely went downhill. Have thought about switching but I'm not convinced that anyone is better (but no longer convinced that they're better).
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

If I had an SUV or truck I would look at getting a piece of diamond plate welded over the whole thing. Happened to my friend here a couple of years ago. There are no inspection laws, so you're welcome to drive with a noisy polluting vehicle as long as you want and it seems like lots of people just get a straight pipe welded back on its place.

At least they got this guy:

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/catalyti...sted-1.5774064
    j'ai des grands instants de lucididididididididi

Now I'm annoyed by the USAA appraisal team, who a) is asking for photos that I uploaded to USAA's website this morning, and is asking for photos of the dash, radio, and front and back seats, for a claim about catalytic converter theft. WHen I gave them a WTF, they said that it's standard procedure for cars that are older the 10 years.
    They are probably trying to establish value to determine if your car is a POS they should total instead of paying for the cat.

Great... a new way for pervs to flash people. E-pervs:

Frustrated Pilot Tells Off Passengers Airdropping Nudes

The “AirDrop thing” the pilot mentioned refers to iPhone users’ ability to send photos or other files to iPhones near them. It is unclear how many people were involved in the incident and who received the nude photos.

Two months ago, a viral TikTok showed a flight attendant confronting a man on another Southwest flight who was caught allegedly AirDropping photos of his genitalia to other travelers.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by oldnew_guy View Post
    They are probably trying to establish value to determine if your car is a POS they should total instead of paying for the cat.
    perhaps you are correct

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    Great... a new way for pervs to flash people. E-pervs:

Frustrated Pilot Tells Off Passengers Airdropping Nudes

The “AirDrop thing” the pilot mentioned refers to iPhone users’ ability to send photos or other files to iPhones near them. It is unclear how many people were involved in the incident and who received the nude photos.

Two months ago, a viral TikTok showed a flight attendant confronting a man on another Southwest flight who was caught allegedly AirDropping photos of his genitalia to other travelers.
    Here's a simple solution: don't have your AirDrop set up so randos can send you photos. Sheesh.

Not that people should be sending out nude photos, but hard to believe people would have their phones set up to allow such a thing in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    Here's a simple solution: don't have your AirDrop set up so randos can send you photos. Sheesh.

Not that people should be sending out nude photos, but hard to believe people would have their phones set up to allow such a thing in the first place.
    I imagine there are quite a few people who are unaware of the feature.
    When you see something that is not right, not just, not fair, you have a moral obligation to say something. To do something." Rep. John Lewis

Kindness is a bridge between all people

Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    I imagine there are quite a few people who are unaware of the feature.
    Apparently it's set to allow your contacts only by default, so users would have to specifically open it to everyone in the settings.
    https://support.apple.com/guide/secu...c2261183f4/web

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsAugustWest View Post
    We almost jumped ship when I had to add my son to our auto policy. The cost went up a huge amount- more than seemed fair to us. Geico would have been cheaper at that point but I procrastinated and once six months or a year had passed, I was on the phone with them about something else and asked for a review. It dropped back down a lot, probably as much as it had gone up. So we didn’t move anything. Their automated call system is just as annoying as anybody else’s and I can’t get the app to work on my phone but other than that, we haven’t had any real bad customer service problems so far. Knock on wood.

I've always had great interactions with USAA customer service and all my claims have been paid efficiently.

I'm not in traffic, I am traffic.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220902_231625432.jpeg 
Views:	125 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	425395