Page 1168 of 1192 FirstFirst ... 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 1173 ... LastLast
Results 29,176 to 29,200 of 29793
  1. #29176
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Posts
    5,096
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    Also annoying as shit - everyone waiting in line for gas leaving their car running.
    Have you tried throwing emoticons at them?

  2. #29177
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    889
    Quote Originally Posted by gravitylover
    No I won't pull up to whatever pump is open and drag the hose over my car even if it reaches. Sorry I'll wait, you don't have to like it, that gravel embedded in the hose won't be scratching my roof anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    This. GTFO. Nobody has time for your shit. How in the fuck is gravel getting embedded in a hose that can't physically touch the ground?

    I pulled up behind some dude at Costco last week, all pumps occupied. He was waiting square in the middle of the 2 lanes. The right pump opened up and he didn't budge, 15 seconds later the 2nd right pump cleared out, still no movement. I flashed my lights at him and he stuck his middle finger out of his window. I went around him and while I was getting situated a car left the pump on the left. Dude furiously pulled into the spot, got out of his car, pointed at my gas cap on the other side of the truck (we were driving the same Taco), and started laughing. I raised an eyebrow and pulled the hose over the truck, never touching the roof by the way. Dude sheepishly told me he didn't think it would reach. That's what she said was my response.

  3. #29178
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    6,189
    Nobody ever needs to refuel on the wrong side.

    Your tank is on the right? Join the line on the left.

    Anyone too stupid to do that should have their license revoked. Fucking amateurs.

  4. #29179
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    6,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    I pulled up behind some dude at Costco last week, all pumps occupied. He was waiting square in the middle of the 2 lanes. The right pump opened up and he didn't budge, 15 seconds later the 2nd right pump cleared out, still no movement. I flashed my lights at him and he stuck his middle finger out of his window. I went around him and while I was getting situated a car left the pump on the left. Dude furiously pulled into the spot, got out of his car, pointed at my gas cap on the other side of the truck (we were driving the same Taco), and started laughing. I raised an eyebrow and pulled the hose over the truck, never touching the roof by the way. Dude sheepishly told me he didn't think it would reach. That's what she said was my response.
    That guy has a beat-down in his future.

  5. #29180
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Posts
    5,096
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Nobody ever needs to refuel on the wrong side.

    Your tank is on the right? Join the line on the left.

    Anyone too stupid to do that should have their license revoked. Fucking amateurs.
    ^^^^yes. This relates to the bank teller line paradox (one line or many).

  6. #29181
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Mostly the Elks, mostly.
    Posts
    310
    When people smack their food in their mouth.
    Even if it's closed.

    I can hear it across the room.

    My horse has better manners.

  7. #29182
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    1,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Boissal View Post
    Dude sheepishly told me he didn't think it would reach. That's what she said was my response.
    Costco first timer? Or just can't read? Every costco around here has multiple signs saying "Long hose - fill from either side"

  8. #29183
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    SLC
    Posts
    889
    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Costco first timer? Or just can't read? Every costco around here has multiple signs saying "Long hose - fill from either side"
    Reading signs and being told what to do is for liberal snowflakes. Dude has a constitutional right to pump gas on whichever side he pleases. FREEDOM MOTHERFUCKER!!
    That's more or less what I got from his crop of bumper stickers. Which is why I rolled around him when he gave me the finger as opposed to getting into a pissing match with him.

  9. #29184
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    In a van... down by the river
    Posts
    3,685
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Nobody ever needs to refuel on the wrong side.
    That's just the thing. At Costco, there is no "wrong side" - every fucking hose is plenty long enough to simply GET IN THE NEXT OPEN FUCKING SPOT.

    No one has time for that shit.

  10. #29185
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    here and there
    Posts
    14,724
    Waiting for the novocaine to wear off so I can resume drinking.
    watch out for snakes

  11. #29186
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    5,050
    .......Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190809_115017.jpeg 
Views:	62 
Size:	219.7 KB 
ID:	290734

  12. #29187
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    base of the Bush
    Posts
    10,776
    Can't wait for your TR! ^^^ Have Fun!!
    www.apriliaforum.com

    "If the road You followed brought you to this,of what use was the road"?

    "I have no idea what I am talking about but would be happy to share my biased opinions as fact on the matter. "
    Ottime

  13. #29188
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Alpental
    Posts
    3,502
    Quote Originally Posted by SB View Post
    Waiting for the novocaine to wear off so I can resume drinking.
    Tape a straw to your mouth, quit slacking
    “I have a responsibility to not be intimidated and bullied by low life losers who abuse what little power is granted to them as ski patrollers.”

  14. #29189
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    14,538
    Red Flag Warnings.




    US National Weather Service Pendleton Oregon

    Thunderstorms continue to build and move northward. This trend will continue into tonight. The main concerns remain large hail and damaging wind gusts. Damaging winds may become more of a concern as storms merge and collapse over the next several hours. We've also had reports of hail accumulations of 1-3 inches with some of the stronger storms. Stay safe!
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  15. #29190
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NCW
    Posts
    2,011
    Wait, we’re complaining about rain?

    now?

    bring it.

  16. #29191
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    14,538
    Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Wait, we’re complaining about rain?

    now?

    bring it.
    If it were just rain. Check out Bend this afternoon:

    https://twitter.com/i/status/1160003219180777480
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  17. #29192
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    10,760
    Quote Originally Posted by evdog View Post
    Costco first timer? Or just can't read? Every costco around here has multiple signs saying "Long hose - fill from either side"
    People at Costco will stop in the middle of a parking lot lane to wait for a close spot when there's plenty of parking farther away, completely blocking the lane with no one preparing to pull out. And you expect these people to use common sense and courtesy at the gas station? Get real.
    Quote Originally Posted by KQ View Post
    If it were just rain. Check out Bend this afternoon:

    https://twitter.com/i/status/1160003219180777480
    Still beats dry lightning.

  18. #29193
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    6,189
    I think KQ is complaining about potential fires.

    We had a big CB roll through here this morning, dumping a ton of rain and some rail (almost hail). Fairly unusual for here.

  19. #29194
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    6,189
    Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    That's just the thing. At Costco, there is no "wrong side" - every fucking hose is plenty long enough to simply GET IN THE NEXT OPEN FUCKING SPOT.
    I hear ya, but the costcos in NW WA all look like this, with lanes, and the local one is always slammed because of "gas tourists" due to high Canadian gas prices, so the lines are generally several cars deep. Change lanes at your own peril.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ccgas.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	221.3 KB 
ID:	290783

  20. #29195
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    EWA
    Posts
    14,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I think KQ is complaining about potential fires.

    We had a big CB roll through here this morning, dumping a ton of rain and some rail (almost hail). Fairly unusual for here.
    That and this - just had an emergency broadcast come across the TV:

    BULLETIN - IMMEDIATE BROADCAST REQUESTED Severe Thunderstorm Warning National Weather Service Pendleton OR 835 PM PDT Fri Aug 9 2019 The National Weather Service in Pendleton Oregon has issued a * Severe Thunderstorm Warning for... Central Morrow County in northeastern Oregon... Northwestern Umatilla County in northeastern Oregon... Southern Benton County in south central Washington... Southwestern Walla Walla County in southeastern Washington... East central Klickitat County in south central Washington... * Until 930 PM PDT. * At 835 PM PDT, a severe thunderstorm was located 8 miles southwest of Rieth, or 12 miles southwest of Pendleton, and is nearly stationary. HAZARD...60 mph wind gusts and quarter size hail. SOURCE...Radar indicated. IMPACT...Hail damage to vehicles is expected. Expect wind damage to roofs, siding, and trees. * Locations impacted include... Hermiston, Pendleton, Boardman, Heppner, Umatilla, Stanfield, Irrigon, Echo, Lexington, Alderdale, Plymouth, Wallula, Holdman, Paterson, Rieth and western Umatilla Reservation. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... For your protection move to an interior room on the lowest floor of a building. Torrential rainfall is occurring with this storm, and may lead to flash flooding. Do not drive your vehicle through flooded roadways. && LAT...LON 4543 11871 4530 11973 4601 12000 4614 11878 TIME...MOT...LOC 0335Z 168DEG 0KT 4560 11903 HAIL...1.00IN WIND...60MPH
    Kindness is a bridge between all people

    Dunkin’ Donuts Worker Dances With Customer Who Has Autism

  21. #29196
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    8,122
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    I hear ya, but the costcos in NW WA all look like this, with lanes, and the local one is always slammed because of "gas tourists" due to high Canadian gas prices, so the lines are generally several cars deep. Change lanes at your own peril.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ccgas.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	221.3 KB 
ID:	290783
    Right, that's what skarey is saying, pick a lane, and use the next available spot in that lane. Even if it's the middle spot. I am actually having a hard time picturing the original scenario because every Milfco gas station I have ever been to has had a fascist line marshall. I once got in the left hand pump line even though it was one car longer. I was angrily directed to an open pump in the right hand line. I know the hoses reach, however I didn't feel like dealing with it on that day because I was in the mini van. Too bad for me. The poor slob above who blocked the middle lane would not have stood a chance.

  22. #29197
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    truckee
    Posts
    10,760
    Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Right, that's what skarey is saying, pick a lane, and use the next available spot in that lane. Even if it's the middle spot. I am actually having a hard time picturing the original scenario because every Milfco gas station I have ever been to has had a fascist line marshall. I once got in the left hand pump line even though it was one car longer. I was angrily directed to an open pump in the right hand line. I know the hoses reach, however I didn't feel like dealing with it on that day because I was in the mini van. Too bad for me. The poor slob above who blocked the middle lane would not have stood a chance.
    Milfco? Certainly not my experience shopping at Costco.

  23. #29198
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    8,227
    Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    Milfco? Certainly not my experience shopping at Costco.
    Definitely depends on location:

    Yesterday's visit to Westminster, CO Costco observations went a little like this:
    1) Elderly women from the local retirement home, arrive by shuttle, slowly push around empty carts, trying every free sample, stuffing some in their purse to take home to their cats, getting a free lunch on a fixed income.
    2) Very large couples, moving even slower than the elderly, each with their own cart full of food
    3) Mothers with three screaming brats, two running in circles around the cart, one in the cart bawling because they only got one hudge bag of candy and have to have that Star Wars Drone
    4) Asian restauranteurs buying bulk snacks and sodas for their restaurant
    5) My wife and I, just trying to get some cheap Kirkland coffee and Tillamook, walk out with a $1K tab on two cards.

    Fuck Costco, but we keep going. Usually go to the Milfco, which does exist, in a much less crowded Costco in the Vail Valley.

  24. #29199
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    I smell poutine!!!
    Posts
    8,122
    Quote Originally Posted by shredgnar View Post
    Definitely depends on location:

    Yesterday's visit to Westminster, CO Costco observations went a little like this:
    1) Elderly women from the local retirement home, arrive by shuttle, slowly push around empty carts, trying every free sample, stuffing some in their purse to take home to their cats, getting a free lunch on a fixed income.
    2) Very large couples, moving even slower than the elderly, each with their own cart full of food
    3) Mothers with three screaming brats, two running in circles around the cart, one in the cart bawling because they only got one hudge bag of candy and have to have that Star Wars Drone
    4) Asian restauranteurs buying bulk snacks and sodas for their restaurant
    5) My wife and I, just trying to get some cheap Kirkland coffee and Tillamook, walk out with a $1K tab on two cards.

    Fuck Costco, but we keep going. Usually go to the Milfco, which does exist, in a much less crowded Costco in the Vail Valley.
    Location dependent. Highly. Plus time of day. However, I have never been disappointed in any of the ones I have been in, including Canada.

  25. #29200
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    the ham
    Posts
    6,189
    If you read it, that's not actually what he said.

    But I'm more interested in these milfs you speak of... substitute Indo-Canadian cross border shoppers who re-sell dairy products when they get home for shredgnar's Chinese Restaurant owners, and you pretty much have our local costco.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •